• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I agree. But some people aren’t anywhere near as charitable when it’s Dave Chappelle, Jimmy Carr or Ricky Gervais. Certain subjects like trans are off limits according to some people.

Those three comedians you’ve mentioned are in the top ten in the world in their profession commercially. Two of them are 1 and 2. Trans jokes certainly are not off-limits and the majority of the general public (including trans people) understand their comedic intentions otherwise they wouldn’t be in their respective positions.

Like I said, your disdain for the Left is clouding any sort of rationale. You’re getting upset by pointy-shouty people on Twitter when the real danger is on the extreme right where their rhetoric and actions cause people to literally die for being POC/Trans/Homosexual/Women. It’s odd that this doesn’t invoke any sort of reaction.

Those three comedians you’ve mentioned are in the top ten in the world in their profession commercially. Two of them are 1 and 2. Trans jokes certainly are not off-limits and the majority of the general public (including trans people) understand their comedic intentions otherwise they wouldn’t be in their respective positions.

Like I said, your disdain for the Left is clouding any sort of rationale. You’re getting upset by pointy-shouty people on Twitter when the real danger is on the extreme right where their rhetoric and actions cause people to literally die for being POC/Trans/Homosexual/Women. It’s odd that this doesn’t invoke any sort of reaction.

A lot of right wing governments and institutions like the Supreme Court in America are carrying on like an evil organisation in a Bond film. They also seem to have given up on democracy and don’t believe in climate change. In this country, we have a PM who thinks the rules don’t apply to him and stays in his job when literally any other PM would have resigned. At this moment in time, I don’t think the right are saveable. I still think the left is. I just wish some of them were aware that they are alienating people. I can lament the right but also want the left to do better at the same time.

Reactions: DTA
Presumably they'll need to use flamethrowers rather than daggers? Hope Liz Truss's pet photographer is there to capture it.
How rich do you have to be to have a photographer just for your pets?

It is funny though. 10 mins after his promotion he fudges him over.

Satire isn't a joke though.
Sorry being pedantic, sometimes i can't help it :rolleyes:.

The racial bit is nothing to do with me, I'm not commenting on that.

Well, a joke is something said to be funny.
Satire is a use of humour.
Ergo, satire is a form of joke.

The racial bit is, its core to what you were commenting upon. (was going to leave that - but I like pedantry too :D:D)

Back