• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

That would be hilarious, not for the woman in question of course, but you know what I mean.
But anyway, it's apparently. We don't know for sure, so should just leave it at that.

Judging from all the info posted on /soccer on Reddit it seems to be pretty spot on, but yeah, let's wait for a confirmation.

Agreed for the lads who are guilty. On the general point, it's mind boggling what a footballer would be thinking to get caught up in this. They have all the fame, all the money and the dream job. They have women throwing themselves at them. They could have sex on tap if they wanted.

What on earth would make anyone in that position do something like this?

Also validates the point you hear some managers talk about when they want to evaluate the character of a player before signing them. Sure, you could never be 100% certain but its not just about talent. Aside from the moral aspect, incidents like this could be very expensive for football clubs.

Power. It's always about power. Insecure damaged people need to feel they can dominate others, and rape is one particular very nasty manifestation of it.

Power. It's always about power. Insecure damaged people need to feel they can dominate others, and rape is one particular very nasty manifestation of it.

I guess it's got to be. Makes some sense although you'd have thought all the trappings of being a world famous footballer should meet that need for even those most hungry for power and control.

Or it could be the believe they already have the power so they can do what they want. Not that the act in itself gives them power.

I dunno. Need a psychologist to analyse each case.

Think it's more that they are used to getting what they want and have never been told no from a young age and all because they are good at kicking a ball. Everything in their lives is centered around them and that is not the way to end up with a responsible adult.
There really needs to be a cap on the wages that young players get, more education outside football, doing the work that apprentices used to do and working with the community.

After the Cliff Richard fiasco, the media should be very wary about naming anyone. I've also seen people say "if x is charged, he should never wear our shirt again".

At this point, it's an allegation. There's a lot of virtue signalling out there about how this player, whoever he is, is vile and should be locked up. It's an allegation, innocent until proven guilty. The guy is entitled to due process. If he's guilty, by all means pile in on him.

It's natural to speculate. I went looking for the names today because I was worried it was one of ours. I know it's a bit tribal because there is a woman here who it seems has gone through an awful ordeal but I'd hate to think one of ours would do this. Thankfully, it doesn't look that way albeit there is a victim at the end of this and it does go beyond club loyalties.

Definitely, and I should probably have clarified that I too think the name of the player should not be mentioned as long as it's still only an allegation (albeit a very serious one). It was just a comment about how the press have narrowed down the alternatives significantly by the many different bits of anonymised information they've published. It was too much info, IMO, which in combination pinpointed quite a few innocent players as possible rapists. They should've stuck with simply a "high profile" PL player.

Definitely, and I should probably have clarified that I too think the name of the player should not be mentioned as long as it's still only an allegation (albeit a very serious one). It was just a comment about how the press have narrowed down the alternatives significantly by the many different bits of anonymised information they've published. It was too much info, IMO, which in combination pinpointed quite a few innocent players as possible rapists. They should've stuck with simply a "high profile" PL player.

His name was out hours before the press reported anything. You'd have deniability, but only if the club let them play on. Which is difficult if fans and sponsors later found out the club knew about the arrest and that.

I agree in a perfect world we'd leave these type of things to the justice system to deal with. Just doesn't work that way. Cancel culture, trial by social media is lethal.

Agreed for the lads who are guilty. On the general point, it's mind boggling what a footballer would be thinking to get caught up in this. They have all the fame, all the money and the dream job. They have women throwing themselves at them. They could have sex on tap if they wanted.

What on earth would make anyone in that position do something like this?

Also validates the point you hear some managers talk about when they want to evaluate the character of a player before signing them. Sure, you could never be 100% certain but its not just about talent. Aside from the moral aspect, incidents like this could be very expensive for football clubs.
Rape is never about sex, always power.

More than a few duds in there. Pepe was 72mil? Ouch.

Tbf i doubt many top teams look great. Think for record signings of the top 6 only van dijk can be called a success. Diminishing returns/utility the more expensive the player.

Think the ability to keep your best players and replace bad is better for success.

Was just looking at arsenals most expensive signings.

Pepe £72m
Aubameyang £57.4m
White £50m
Lacazette £47.7m
Jesus £45m
Partey £45m
Ozil £42.3m
Xhaka £40.5m
Sanchez £38.3m
Mustafi £36.9m

Ours aint great, but...

Half the cost to build our stadium …

Lol nketiah just posted a pic of training on twitter so ofcourse everyone asked if partey was there. I told them saliba had posted some pics and partey was in one. The joy on their faces. Pity he hasn't.

Yes i know, it's not a situation we should joke about. But i couldn't help it.

Lol nketiah just posted a pic of training on twitter so ofcourse everyone asked if partey was there. I told them saliba had posted some pics and partey was in one. The joy on their faces. Pity he hasn't.

Yes i know, it's not a situation we should joke about. But i couldn't help it.

I hope we can talk about this now. Or have people lost their cool post-Bissouma, and fear discussing such subjects now? Bissouma's integrity was (probably unfairly) sullied by the Sun newspaper. He was possibly slightly unfairly treated by the police too, when evidently he wasn't a perpetrator of the alleged assault. Yet Bissouma was cuffed, photographed, vilified, and he had this shadow over him; with many saying it was in bad taste to associate him at all with Spurs! Now, we have a far more serious rape allegation with potentially two separate victims, with print media not naming but let's say implicating an individual by a process of elimination, and we can't talk about it?

Because Bissouma's arrest was for a lesser offense it was easier to name, shame and pass judgments?

Last edited:
Back