• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Really happy to have him, always wanted him when he was at Watford. Not seen much of him at Everton but he always seemed like a player who was quick, strong, can play wide or central and has that slight air of arrogance combined with nastyness that you need. Think he can fill in anywhere across the top line, we'll have serious pace if he plays with Son on the other flank.

I love how other clubs fans tell us what we do and how we have wasted our money on richarleson…. We watch our team well in week out. We know that we needed a player that can easily play across any of the attacking roles, works hard for the team, and can fight.

For me richarleson ticks every box. Can’t wait to see what conte does with him.

I'm all good with him except price. Works hard stays fit plays with passion but technically maybe on par with Bergwjin, but certainly an upgraded Moura from what I've seen.

Perhaps there's more to this deal between the chairmen so we will see if this is a start of a special relationship between both clubs. Especially with this deal helping Everton with their financial datelines... And we could loan them players too.

Richarlison is quoted about wanting to play in the champions league, underlines the importance to player recruitment and how it needs to be a priority above trophies (will come in time).

I've seen moody Richarlison for Everton and hope he learns to channel the energy there into more positive outcomes, certainly don't want a sulking player on the bench.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Isn’t the only thing he’s proven in the Premier League that he can produce an average output of goals and assists? Totally appreciate that he might do more in a better team, but he hasn’t proven that yet. This feels on par to a Sigurdsson signing or something to me.

Still, not complaining at all - I think he’s a good signing - just surprised to see the fee was so high!

I have seen similar concerns raised elsewhere about his goal scoring record.

He's scored 13, 13, 7 and 10 goals for Everton in the league in the seasons so far. xG numbers hovering around 10.

So he's scoring an average number of the chances he gets.

Things get a bit confusing as he's played a number of different roles.

Understat have stats based on positions played, I'm assuming they're reasonably accurate.

His xG numbers are fairly similar across positions. xG90 of around 0.35 for most. 0.49 for FWL. Not entirely sure sure how they distinguish that from AML exactly.

Either way. The goals he's getting, from what's been over these seasons at best an average Everton side are quite good actually.

It seems to me rather rare for wide attackers outside the biggest clubs to get better numbers than that. We've seen several examples of players moving from average to good teams in those roles increasing their goal output significantly.

It's really difficult to score more than that playing in a wide role for an average or poor team. I'm not sure what an average goal return is from those areas for teams outside the top. But I'd say it's quite a lot lower.

He's scored 13, 13, 7 and 10 goals for Everton in the league in the seasons so far. xG numbers hovering around 10.

Understat have stats based on positions played, I'm assuming they're reasonably accurate.

His xG numbers are fairly similar across positions. xG90 of around 0.35 for most. 0.49 for FWL. Not entirely sure sure how they distinguish that from AML exactly.

Either way. The goals he's getting, from what's been over these seasons at best an average Everton side are quite good actually.

It seems to me rather rare for wide attackers outside the biggest clubs to get better numbers than that. We've seen several examples of players moving from average to good teams in those roles increasing their goal output significantly.

It's really difficult to score more than that playing in a wide role for an average or poor team. I'm not sure what an average goal return is from those areas for teams outside the top. But I'd say it's quite a lot lower.
His numbers are very comparable to son or mane before they joined bigger clubs

I don't think it was just them joining bigger clubs, but also them growing as players. The Sonny we got a few seasons ago was a 10-goal-a-season winger, and that was fine. He and Mane are getting exceptional amounts of goals for non-strikers. Not many players bear comparison to them.
Indeed
But who would have predicted it when they were signed?
Nothing to say Rucharlison won’t progress too

Incredible that he was allowed to play a further 5 games for his club, score a goal in two separate 3-2 wins, which in effect was the difference in keeping them up, a further 44 days later the decision to ban him for his new club is made, 2 months after the initial defence. sexy

Also looked like he v carefully threw the smoke bomb (it wasn’t a flare) off the pitch into the corner of the ground where there are no spectators. Dumb decision all round,but at least they’ve announced it now and not once he’s finding form for us.

Speaking for myself, it's not that I have concerns about his goals and assists record. I agree it's decent for a team like Everton, and that it might get better with us. I was just surprised that he cost as much as £60m. But on reflection that's probably mostly because I'm not used to the higher fees you tend to see when shopping in the Premier League market.

Speaking for myself, it's not that I have concerns about his goals and assists record. I agree it's decent for a team like Everton, and that it might get better with us. I was just surprised that he cost as much as £60m. But on reflection that's probably mostly because I'm not used to the higher fees you tend to see when shopping in the Premier League market.
It’s a can’t win situation
The fee is high
The fee did what it is
It’s not our money (as fans)
What’s key is he is arguably more likely to be successful than most alternatives that haven’t played in the league so the risk is lower

When you think Jesus went for £45m and over £200k a week with only 1 year left on his contract it makes the deal for Richarlson seem a lot better.

Back