• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022/23 expectations

City will run away with it a bit. Liverpool will start their come down this season and it will be between us and them for 2nd.

I hope we can win a Cup too.

City will run away with it a bit. Liverpool will start their come down this season and it will be between us and them for 2nd.

Obviously i have no idea. But agree i don't think liverpool will be as good. City a lot rests on how well haaland does and if alvarez is the real deal if they get rid of sterling.

Think we can be a 80 point+ team this season. We've got a couple more to join, i would really hope there is a class player coming. Conte is a great manager but not sure the team is better than harry's or poch's.

How do the teams compare?

Redknapps best spurs x1:
Friedel
Walker
King
Kaboul
Ekotto
Lennon
Parker
Modric
Bale
Vdv
Adebayor

Poch:
Lloris
Walker
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Rose
Wanyama
Dembele
Eriksen
Son
Dele
Kane

Could swap a crouch, dier or lamela. But those teams weren't bad. Still think we have work to do.

Not with United, Arsenal and Chelsea all in crisis/decline. 3rd should be our par; although the gap up to 2nd will be too big to close in one year.

Arsenal and Chelsea are not in crisis.

Arsenal have had a decent window so far and Chelsea will spend still

The advantage that Liverpool and City have is stability. That counts for a lot

That said, Haaland will mean City's style will change a bit this year, and to a certain extent Nunez for Mane. I always think Liverpool are massively susceptible to an injury to TAA too

Still dont think we'll be that close to Liverpool - 10 points behind perhaps

As everything seems to be going well and as a club we seem to be working effectively towards a common purpose, I'm expecting a two points from eight games kind of situation but instead of 'Arry coming in and steadying the ship it'll be fat Sam's turn.

It's best to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it isn't an absolute brick show.

In seriousness with the depth added early to the squad, I'm by no means saying it's in my expectations to win something but at least we look like we're capable of competing, it's about fudging time.

Success will be defined by Conte himself - that is effectively if stays for the following season we are doing right.

That probably means some silverware.

The advantage that Liverpool and City have is stability. That counts for a lot

That said, Haaland will mean City's style will change a bit this year, and to a certain extent Nunez for Mane. I always think Liverpool are massively susceptible to an injury to TAA too

Still dont think we'll be that close to Liverpool - 10 points behind perhaps

I think (wishfully maybe) that Liverpool might start to feel the same effects that we did towards the end of Poch. There’s only so long you can keep up that intensity. I think they need to change more than just Mane. If they do that, I’ll revise my prediction but I hope not.

Top 3 and a trophy. I’d happily finish 4th and a trophy. The PL winners have averaged 90+ points for the last 5 seasons or so, so it would take an enormous jump for us to challenge. Even getting 80+ points would be a big improvement.

Always think its difficult saying that we should be winning a trophy. Just don't know how the draws will pan out or other circumstances like that

If you're a top 4 team regularly you'll win a domestic cup or two somewhere along the way

Always think its difficult saying that we should be winning a trophy. Just don't know how the draws will pan out or other circumstances like that

If you're a top 4 team regularly you'll win a domestic cup or two somewhere along the way
Unless you are us you can say that. In the last ten years we have been in the Champions League same number of times as Man U and more times than the Goons. Both have picked up trophies during that time but we haven’t. We have bottled it many times in the cups at the final hurdle or two, and has nothing to do with the number of top 4 finishes we are getting. I’m confident Conte is changing the mentality from the very top with Levy all the way down to the players. The aim should most certainly be top 4 and a cup….

We need to have a good go at the title. I don't expect us to win but we need to be up there and in contention. Anything less than the quarters of the CL will be a disappointment and we need to take the domestic cups seriously.

Unless you are us you can say that. In the last ten years we have been in the Champions League same number of times as Man U and more times than the Goons. Both have picked up trophies during that time but we haven’t. We have bottled it many times in the cups at the final hurdle or two, and has nothing to do with the number of top 4 finishes we are getting. I’m confident Conte is changing the mentality from the very top with Levy all the way down to the players. The aim should most certainly be top 4 and a cup….

Indeed.

I honestly don't think +20 points on last season is completely out of the question, which would be 91 points and would put us in the title race. Realistically the total is likely to be lower, but we averaged 2 points per game under Conte last season, which would get us 76 over the course of a whole season. Given how much we've strengthened the squad you'd hope we can improve on that considerably.

I expect 80-85 points & 3rd. Any cup would be great. Most of all I want to give Conte & Kane enough reason to sign contract extensions...

Top 3 and a trophy. I’d happily finish 4th and a trophy. The PL winners have averaged 90+ points for the last 5 seasons or so, so it would take an enormous jump for us to challenge. Even getting 80+ points would be a big improvement.

We finished on 71 - i don't think it's mad to suggest that had we started last season with what we had finished it with (Conte + Jan signings) then we would have been around 80 points - so for me that's our starting off point this summer, the question is whether our summer window work can take us beyond that to challenge City/Liverpool

Arsenal and Chelsea are not in crisis.

Arsenal have had a decent window so far and Chelsea will spend still
Arsenal have a Santo calibre manager, no capable defensive players, no cutting edge up top, and no CL football again

Chelsea are losing loads of key players and are having to learn to cope with £100m reduction in their annual budget.

Neither should be within 20 points of us

We finished on 71 - i don't think it's mad to suggest that had we started last season with what we had finished it with (Conte + Jan signings) then we would have been around 80 points - so for me that's our starting off point this summer, the question is whether our summer window work can take us beyond that to challenge City/Liverpool

Yeah, I expect us to be better and we should aim for 80 points and go from there. The thing is, city and Liverpool have set such high standards that we would most likely need more than 90 points just to be in the title race.

Back