• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Each to their own, thousands take great pleasure listening to their favourite bands at gigs and buying the merchandise no matter their age. Don't see the problem myself, if you don't like it don't get involved. :D

I always hate it when whatever the topic and whoever it is discussing it, people feel the need to tell other people how they should behave and what they should like. Never understood people dressing up and recreating old battles. But good luck to them.

Standing in the centre of the pitch area now for the second opener and there's a fair bit of reverb unless the whole band is playing and kind of drown it out.

Just spotted Jason Momoa in the crowd (in a separate vip area obviously). Whole stadium doing the wave in anticipation.

FWrnLf2XwAEve4f

Not saying stop like them or popular music, I have a very catholic taste in music and love it. Never been a fan of large venues, 200 - 300 best for me, really get the vibe, but certainly grow old gracefully, should be a law stopping people over 35 wearing logo t shirts and replica football shirts.

Mate, the only wisdom we should all learn with age is to do your own thing and not to give a fudge about what others think.

Do I agree with a lot of brick I see people wear/do/spend their money on? no, but not my monkey, not my circus, you do you, lets other do their thing.

Saw guns and roses at the hammerstein ball room in nyc and a year later at MSG … had a fantastic time at both venues. The beer flowed and the rest of it … brilliant nights out with friends, good grub before and a lovely night after … don’t get this whole thing about trying to live your youth. I didn’t go to watch them at whl as I wasn’t that bothered. But those that went hopefully had a great time without judgement of why and what they are doing there.

live and let live …And by the way so what if people who attended wanted to rekindle their youth? what’s wrong with that? It puts them in a good place …. Nothing sadder than living your life through the lens of others judgement.

we are not here for a long time but a good time

I imagine the bulk of cash goes to Guns n Roses (Bermuda) Ltd unless Brian Epstein is their manager (one for the youngster). Nothing is more sad than groups of old people trying to recapture their youth, it's gone they've had their go on the ride, show some dignity and moan about the state of the world today.
That's exactly how I think old people should go out. The 80s were glorious!

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

The way the stadium keeps the sound in may be an issue, but I think that is something that can be overcome. The mix for gnr isn't the best on this tour and their sound is a bit murky. You could hear the opening bands much clearer.

Would be interesting to hear some reports from the Lady Gaga show to see if it's going to be a problem or if this weekend was more the equipment or technicians not being up to scratch. Anyone going?

So what's all this I'm hearing about sound issues with the GnR gig? Opening the stadium late, a support act having to cancel, GnR's set having to be shortened, and even sound problems during the songs.

Sounds like the sort of thing that could hurt the stadium's reputation and make it less likely for the top bands to play there. No doubt Levy's on it already, but it's definitely worrying.

So what's all this I'm hearing about sound issues with the GnR gig? Opening the stadium late, a support act having to cancel, GnR's set having to be shortened, and even sound problems during the songs.

Sounds like the sort of thing that could hurt the stadium's reputation and make it less likely for the top bands to play there. No doubt Levy's on it already, but it's definitely worrying.

They'd be in charge of their own sound wouldn't they?

Reading up on a gnr related forum, it turns out Axl apparently did spend the night at the stadium between the two concerts. He had some problems with his throat and had a doctor come see him. Rather than going back and forth to the hotel he just stayed over.

Reading up on a gnr related forum, it turns out Axl apparently did spend the night at the stadium between the two concerts. He had some problems with his throat and had a doctor come see him. Rather than going back and forth to the hotel he just stayed over.
He just got smashed on his own in the south stand bar I reckon

They must have made him up a bedroom in the stadium somewhere

The Glasgow show has now been postponed. Getting a shorter set is probably better than the added cost of having to travel again at a later date .

Back