• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and TV

I'm surprised the tv companies didn't try and get the price down

Because there is a chance they might be outbid. Dazn just beat sky italia for rights to serie a. Netfix etc... might want to throw a bid in.

This isn't fully complete, there is a couple of weeks for someone to challenge the governments decision. Show that they can do a better deal.

What are you even talking about? No esl money, yet money is going down the leagues. Just you because you like 1 part of something doesn't mean you like everything about it and vice versa. If you like one disney film doesn't mean you like them all.

I have never liked 1 Disney movie. Less money is going down the ladder, they also did not want to put the bid out to public tender because it would likely resulted in even less.

Viewing figures for sky and BT are not great anyway I guess they thought some guaranteed money is better then none rather then a bidding war in these covid times. What will be interesting is if viewing figures in normal times if they continue to decrease. What the price will be for that deal.

I have never liked 1 Disney movie. Less money is going down the ladder, they also did not want to put the bid out to public tender because it would likely resulted in even less.

Viewing figures for sky and BT are not great anyway I guess they thought some guaranteed money is better then none rather then a bidding war in these covid times. What will be interesting is if viewing figures in normal times if they continue to decrease. What the price will be for that deal.

Sky and bt were not in it for the viewing figures as such. Both sports channels make a loss. It was the broadband that got them the money. People wanting to watch football would usually get the broadband package as well.

Trying to go onto the Spurs Play minisite and it keeps freezing and shutting down Chrome haha, useless !!!

Trying to go onto the Spurs Play minisite and it keeps freezing and shutting down Chrome haha, useless !!!
Trying to watch the Conte piece on my phone and it keeps playing the sound but no picture, forward wind...get a picture that stops.

I really hoped this wouldn't be clunky.

How hard can a slick library and solid media player be to do these days?

Edit: it appears all ok thru the app

BBC really seem to be pushing the women's football, comes across as a cause they are promoting rather than an event they are screening.

BBC really seem to be pushing the women's football, comes across as a cause they are promoting rather than an event they are screening.
Pushing is the right word. It's like it's being forced upon you. Feels like the Same thing as with pride, and blm. If you're not constantly praising and hailing it, you are against it and you're actively trying to stop it!
It's ridiculous! If it's worth watching, people will watch it. It's as easy as that.
But every time I watch womens football, I turn off as soon as any goalkeeper is in action. Most of them are terrible! Any type of shot high up goes in.
It's just not for me.

Back