• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

Wonder whether we're thinking:

RCB: Romero, with Sanchez as back-up
CCB: Dier, with Lenglet as back-up
RCB: [TO BE SIGNED], with Davies as back-up

then Rodon and Tangman out on loan

I think we do Alderweireld a disservice. For long passes at least. Romero is far better playing like a midfielder with the ball at his feet and not much time. Toby, given a little bit of space, would hit runners in the final third 8 or 9 times out of 10. If teams stood off him, he could run the game. I think Conte wants that kind of defender who can hit runners 9 times out of 10 with a long pass.
I think Romero can do exactly that and more
Toby was class
I don’t think anyone would argue
And similarly to Romero he wasn’t great in the air either

I trust Conte and Paratici.
For now.
Lenglets stats aren't inspiring so can't get excited about him.
We needed better, not back up I'd thought. Curious to see how he does under Conte.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

If we'd signed Toby directly from Athletico we'd have the same discussion.
I don't have any knowledgeable view on Lenglet, but with the club's that have signed him he certainly isn't Alton Thelwell.

We need 6 for 3
It’s a long season
World Cup in the middle
And we have a crazy amount of games to play

The 6th choice won't barely get a look in - defenders rotate less than other positions. Youngster fine, actual dipping in to the market for quality? Not for me

The 6th choice won't barely get a look in - defenders rotate less than other positions. Youngster fine, actual dipping in to the market for quality? Not for me
How many CBS did city use last year in their 2?
7 I believe including playing some CMs there

Yeah Bremer is a CB so will be in competition with Dier.
I think we would look at Bremer to replace Sanchez
And we then have Lenglet, Bremer and Dier who can play centre and left and centre
And Dier, Bremer and Romero who can play centre and right
Plus Sanchez if we don’t sell
And rodon and JFet

I think we would look at Bremer to replace Sanchez
And we then have Lenglet, Bremer and Dier who can play centre and left and centre
And Dier, Bremer and Romero who can play centre and right
Plus Sanchez if we don’t sell
And rodon and JFet

If we sign Bremer & Lenglet i would be amazed if both Roson & Sanchez aren't moved on

If we sign Bremer & Lenglet i would be amazed if both Roson & Sanchez aren't moved on
But Lenglet is a free basically (replying more to your next comment)
Bremer will be £35m if we can pay more up front which inter can’t
We haven’t brought any money in yet and that will odd set most of what we have committed already and then some

There have got to be better options than Lenglet

There may well be but it's not a position we are desperate to upgrade and Davies is more than good enough to start so why buy a good player for say 40m if he's not going to be a clear upgrade? Wait and buy a great player when they are available- sinilar to how Liverpool approached the VVD & Allison signings

There may well be but it's not a position we are desperate to upgrade and Davies is more than good enough to start so why buy a good player for say 40m if he's not going to be a clear upgrade? Wait and buy a great player when they are available- sinilar to how Liverpool approached the VVD & Allison signings
100%

Back