• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Arsenal's other big problem next season will be the EL. Not being in Europe last season probably benefitted by 10 points

They now need to expand their laughably small squad to be able tocopewith the increased wordload, as well as increasing the quality

It’s hardly a role reversal. It’s all well and good claiming the ‘We finished above the Goons’ cup, but unless we actually back it up with winning trophies then it means naff all. Because even under Arteta they have managed to win an FA Cup, if the best we can muster during our ‘golden period’ is top 4 finishes then it is in fact us who are the source of amusement as has been the case over many years now. Let’s hope Conte is about to change this…..

I don't know... I get both the wish for trophies and how important getting one or two of those could be.

At the same time I think one can enjoy the ride as it is. We beat them to fourth, at what seemed to me a very important moment. We overtook them, we beat them. Both clubs are building, but I like our building a lot more.

Small role reversal perhaps? Either way, definitely enjoyable.

It’s hardly a role reversal. It’s all well and good claiming the ‘We finished above the Goons’ cup, but unless we actually back it up with winning trophies then it means naff all. Because even under Arteta they have managed to win an FA Cup, if the best we can muster during our ‘golden period’ is top 4 finishes then it is in fact us who are the source of amusement as has been the case over many years now. Let’s hope Conte is about to change this…..

Amen to that fudge Arsenal, seems some are more bothered about them signing Jesus then on the news that we seem to be getting Richarlison. When i first heard we were interested in Richarlison i was not really excited about it however since then i have come round to the idea. He can cover three posistions upfront ( which he has done for Everton) as for the price it is what it is.

I don't know... I get both the wish for trophies and how important getting one or two of those could be.

At the same time I think one can enjoy the ride as it is. We beat them to fourth, at what seemed to me a very important moment. We overtook them, we beat them. Both clubs are building, but I like our building a lot more.

Small role reversal perhaps? Either way, definitely enjoyable.
Oh I wouldn’t argue we are building better than them, and you’re talking just about last season but we have finished ahead of them six years running. But whilst than in itself is great, that is the point - we still haven’t actually achieved anything. Sports history shows you aren’t going to stay ahead of your rivals forever, and whilst we have been higher and better than them for a good few years we have won zero whilst they have still won trophies.

So to suggest we can laugh at Arsenal - a club that win trophies even when at low ebbs, whilst we don’t win trophies whilst in one of our best periods in history league placing wise is a bit much….

It's absolutely a role-reversal, albeit the early stage of one. And they do not like it at all. They cannot pretend that finishing below us for six years running means little/nothing when they'd gone to the trouble of inventing a pathetic little day for when they finished above us.
Of course we all want trophies, that barely needs mentioning. But as it's a stick that everyone uses against us, I didn't feel it necessary to raise yet again in here.

Amen to that fudge Arsenal, seems some are more bothered about them signing Jesus then on the news that we seem to be getting Richarlison. When i first heard we were interested in Richarlison i was not really excited about it however since then i have come round to the idea. He can cover three posistions upfront ( which he has done for Everton) as for the price it is what it is.
Agreed re Richatlison, I dislike his style of play (miserable, Moany, diving, etc.) but I do appreciate he’s a decent player and the versatility angle has swayed me.

Agreed re Richatlison, I dislike his style of play (miserable, Moany, diving, etc.) but I do appreciate he’s a decent player and the versatility angle has swayed me.

My thoughts as well, he is a dirty bastard and likes a dive lets hope Conte can change that to a degree. But i have always said that getting cover for Kane over the last few years has been hard mainly because GOOD cfs are not going to sit on a bench getting splinters in their arse waiting for Kane to take time out. Richardson can fill in there but also the two flank posistions which makes him a very good player to have.

My thoughts as well, he is a dirty bastard and likes a dive lets hope Conte can change that to a degree. But i have always said that getting cover for Kane over the last few years has been hard mainly because GOOD cfs are not going to sit on a bench getting splinters in their arse waiting for Kane to take time out. Richardson can fill in there but also the two flank posistions which makes him a very good player to have.

We need someone like this up top, we are too nice.

Possibly. Everton won't want it be known they're in the sheet. Destroys their negotiating position.

If it's agreed tomorrow, before a medical. We know they were in trouble.
Everyone knows they are in trouble
And the FA a can’t help them anymore as there was the threat of some legal action from Leeds and Burnley at the end of last season

Everyone knows they are in trouble
And the FA a can’t help them anymore as there was the threat of some legal action from Leeds and Burnley at the end of last season

The prem already passed them for that ffp. This is a new year, where they haven't spent much on transfers. They still have high wages though and have lost their sponsorship deals due to usmanov being sanctioned. Only they will know what the situation is as last seasons financials won't be released till next year.

The prem already passed them for that ffp. This is a new year, where they haven't spent much on transfers. They still have high wages though and have lost their sponsorship deals due to usmanov being sanctioned. Only they will know what the situation is as last seasons financials won't be released till next year.
No the prem agreed to let it slide as they were always in communication
That may not stand up if tested in court and the FA were shown to be favouring a club against the rules

No the prem agreed to let it slide as they were always in communication
That may not stand up if tested in court and the FA were shown to be favouring a club against the rules

Either way that is regarding previous financials. That is regarding from july 1st 2017 till 30th june 2021. This deal will be in the rulings from july 1st 2018 till june 30th 2022. Nobody apart from everton will know how 17/18 compares to 21/22 as everton won't release the financial report till early next year.

Back