• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

I know nothing about this bloke, don't think I'd even heard of him before he was initially linked a few weeks ago.

But for some unexplained reason I do not want us to sign him at all.

A bit of a come down from bastoni, bremmer et al to get a player who don’t have said he is a player that should play in midfield but is a light weight defender. We got enough powder puff in Sanchez.

A bit of a come down from bastoni, bremmer et al to get a player who don’t have said he is a player that should play in midfield but is a light weight defender. We got enough powder puff in Sanchez.

I suspect that this one might linger all summer. Unless we're planning to sign two CBs (which we might be), I suspect we're lining this up as a back-up plan in case other CB options don't happen...and hence also the loan rather than permanent signing

I don’t know much about him but isn’t he a ball playing CB? With what i have seen he can play out from the back and also come out with the ball.

I don’t know much about him but isn’t he a ball playing CB? With what i have seen he can play out from the back and also come out with the ball.
He's got excellent ball control and technical ability, but he really does like the cruyff turn, and has been caught out doing it on many occasions. He takes (unnecessary) risk quite a bit too often for my liking, but maybe Conte is able to get him playing a bit more sensibly. Not really a player I thought Conte would have any interest in, but if it's a favorable deal, I guess he could be a useful squad player.
Personally, I'd look elsewhere.

He's got excellent ball control and technical ability, but he really does like the cruyff turn, and has been caught out doing it on many occasions. He takes (unnecessary) risk quite a bit too often for my liking, but maybe Conte is able to get him playing a bit more sensibly. Not really a player I thought Conte would have any interest in, but if it's a favorable deal, I guess he could be a useful squad player.
Personally, I'd look elsewhere.

Is it driven by missing a Toby A type CB who can pass? Doer does okay, but you need a quarterback CB who can pass like Toby or Carrick when playing 3 at the back.

Who signed him? And has he actually been coached at Barca by a proper coach with experience or just the Barca B coaches they bring through?

I assume Barca don't ever play him and are desperate to offload him, for good reasons. Whether on field or off field, there must be reasons they don't want him.

Would rather prise a top target from a team's dead fingers than waste time and money on a cast off

Back