• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Our flight to Italy was cancelled, im the middle of the night, seven hours before take off. There goes our holiday. fudge that.

disgusting they can get away with it tbh. things like pre-booked airport parking are so difficult if possible at all to get refunded.

I'm hopeful for my flight on Friday after our government intervened and ended the technican strike, but I guess they have some catching up to do to get all the planes back in action. Very happy I'm not flying SAS as they could have a pilot strike on their hands any day now.

Aw man that’s a total joke
Feel so sorry for you and the family

It is. They haven't even provided an explanation. The strike we feared would affect us was called off, which makes it even harder to accept.

disgusting they can get away with it tbh. things like pre-booked airport parking are so difficult if possible at all to get refunded.

Yeah, it's completely unpredictable. We spent the night at an airport hotel to catch the early flight - they cancelled it at 1.30 am. Hopefully insurance and the airline will cover our costs, otherwise it's £2000 out the window, plus additional expences for whatever we end up doing to cheer up the kids.

I'm hopeful for my flight on Friday after our government intervened and ended the technican strike, but I guess they have some catching up to do to get all the planes back in action. Very happy I'm not flying SAS as they could have a pilot strike on their hands any day now.

We were supposed ro fly SAS, and were really worried about the strike. In a sense that would've been easier to accept - this cancellation came completely out of the blue. Good luck with your flight!

Amazing this

Get to the airport to check in to come home, where is the other suitcase?

What do you mean we’ve got 4 ? 1, 2, 3 she left it in the hotel lobby hahah having to get it sent to the airport in a taxi €80 and I’ve got to wait behind to check it in so will be making my flight by about 30 mins hahaha

Off to Turkiye in a couple of weeks, decided to go shopping after work. Bluewater etc is closer to home but then we were both at work in the City, so decided to hit Westfield Stratford instead.

Christ I regret that. Insanely packed. Queues miles long. Just awful.

Had my ticket scanned twice, ticked off once and been given a wrist band. I'm still outside the stadium.

Shorter set than usual (was looking forward to Coma, but no luck). No Michael Monroe. We did get to see Carrie Underwood dance to Sweet Child and Paradise City.

Had a company-wide 'Wellness' day off today. Drove over to Chelmsford to visit husband's niece and new-born baby. Then to Smith's at Ongar for a late lunch. Home, dropped off the car, walked down to local pub/restaurant where we shared a bottle of wine in early evening sun. Back home to watch England U19s win a rather stultifying Euros final. Just one of those lovely, easy-going, enjoyable days.

So, again they started late and played a shorter set, but this time apologised for having throat issues and claimed he had slept on the stage last night. This meant they changed the songs around a bit so he could sing in a lower register (which he does great unlike some of the higher stuff) and saved Sweet Child and Paradise City for Carrie Underwood to sing lead for the encore. It started raining, but the atmosphere was great.

Here's a game of spot Jason Momoa.

imgly-4588165640979743725.jpg

Hint: Slightly down and a tiny bit left of the centre, next to a girl in a yellow hat.

Meant to do some family friends stuff yesterday and today
Our friend is pregnant and my Mrs hasn't felt well last few days, she took a COVID test and tested positive yesterday
I tested positive today, no symptoms other than feeling a bit tired and I put that down to Friday night's drinking

First train this morning was cancelled, the next one got delayed at East Croydon, then 30 minutes of queuing at the security check. With a bit of line cutting and light jogging afterwards I got to the gate with 5 minutes to spare. The question now is how long will we wait for those that haven't got here yet .

Meant to do some family friends stuff yesterday and today
Our friend is pregnant and my Mrs hasn't felt well last few days, she took a COVID test and tested positive yesterday
I tested positive today, no symptoms other than feeling a bit tired and I put that down to Friday night's drinking
Didn't you have it not too long ago?

The Large Hadron Collider will turn on today for the first time in 3 years & collide subatomic particles at ‘unprecedented energy levels’

Just before we start what could have been an epic season too !!

After two days of high fever I finally got hold of a corona test. Big surprise, it was positive. To be expected I suppose after two days of mingling with tens of thousands of others in a closed bowl. If it was just the fever I wouldn't mind so much as I could make some snacks and watch movies, but everything tastes like crap.

After two days of high fever I finally got hold of a corona test. Big surprise, it was positive. To be expected I suppose after two days of mingling with tens of thousands of others in a closed bowl. If it was just the fever I wouldn't mind so much as I could make some snacks and watch movies, but everything tastes like crap.

Caught it myself for first time . I’m 11 days in. Went back to work today and still feel rubbish and tired .Had 2 days of fever then cough and cold . I had problems with my taste aswell . Still not cleared thought that did not happen with these later strains . No fun at all . Seems to be everywhere again at present .

Get well soon .

Back