• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I'm not so sure, he scored 8 goals last season in the PL, 4 against Watford, then 1 against Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool and I forget the other team.

He tends to score against teams that allow space, when he comes up against the park the bus defence that lower teams use he's not as effective. I think Arsenal will be lucky to get a dozen goals from him next season.

From our perspective, he could turn out to be a perfect Lacazette replacement.

From what i can gather Arteta wants/is happy with a wide spread of players chipping in with 10 +/- goals rather than relying on a forward grabbing the lions share.

Martinelli Saka Odegard Jesus - all capable in that regard i suppose but unless they start creating more chances (Xg comfortably 5th in the table last season) then it's difficult to see anyone else doing so

From what i can gather Arteta wants/is happy with a wide spread of players chipping in with 10 +/- goals rather than relying on a forward grabbing the lions share.

Martinelli Saka Odegard Jesus - all capable in that regard i suppose but unless they start creating more chances (Xg comfortably 5th in the table last season) then it's difficult to see anyone else doing so
But they ain’t all gonna be on the pitch at the same time

Of course not but over the course of the season they will play games and contribute.

It's similar to City, no outstanding goal scorer but loads chipping in

Fully agreed.

We really need to upgrade on our non starting 11, we need better options from the bench, better rotation options, better options when players are injured or off form.

Getting someone better than the current starting front three is very difficult, if not impossible. Getting the best possible player is the sensible decision. Those will often cost quite a lot of money. When we now have money to spend that's a sensible prioritisation.
While I agree with what you're saying, I have issue with the term "non-starting 11". At the level we're now at, at the level we aspire to, the concept of a starting XI is outdated and just wrong. We need to talk about a starting 15 or thereabouts -- the subset of the first team squad who get regular game time. Sure, there'll be a core group who start every big match when fit, but there needs to be rotation.

To the people saying £60M is a lot of money for a squad player, I'll say that he's not a squad player. We expect him to go straight into a front 4 rotation with Son, Kane and Kulu. For a low-risk player who has good Premier League experience, that's absolutely fine by me. Far better than getting two Carlos Kickabouts for £30M each and hoping they come good. Looking at our transfer history, Kulu is the exception rather than the rule -- and would you be happy if he left for £60M now? 'Cos I wouldn't be.

Also, hopefully we'll effectively be getting £10M cashback when we sell Winks/Bergwijn to Everton. Unless they've pulled a "reverse Levy" by getting us to bump up the Richarlison fee and then pulling out of the Winks deal!

Of course not but over the course of the season they will play games and contribute.

It's similar to City, no outstanding goal scorer but loads chipping in

But city scored 38 times more than arsenal last season. We scored 8 more, with kane only starting to play in december. We've added perisic that got 10 goals and 9 assists last season. Kulu will have a full season. Richarlison will hopefully add a few. Hopefully a rwb will too and an lcb to create chances.

City have been trying for a while to add a goalscorer, bidding for kane, now buying haaland.

While I agree with what you're saying, I have issue with the term "non-starting 11". At the level we're now at, at the level we aspire to, the concept of a starting XI is outdated and just wrong. We need to talk about a starting 15 or thereabouts -- the subset of the first team squad who get regular game time. Sure, there'll be a core group who start every big match when fit, but there needs to be rotation.

To the people saying £60M is a lot of money for a squad player, I'll say that he's not a squad player. We expect him to go straight into a front 4 rotation with Son, Kane and Kulu. For a low-risk player who has good Premier League experience, that's absolutely fine by me. Far better than getting two Carlos Kickabouts for £30M each and hoping they come good. Looking at our transfer history, Kulu is the exception rather than the rule -- and would you be happy if he left for £60M now? 'Cos I wouldn't be.

Also, hopefully we'll effectively be getting £10M cashback when we sell Winks/Bergwijn to Everton. Unless they've pulled a "reverse Levy" by getting us to bump up the Richarlison fee and then pulling out of the Winks deal!

I agree fully. Your words describe my opinion better then my own did.

But city scored 38 times more than arsenal last season. We scored 8 more, with kane only starting to play in december. We've added perisic that got 10 goals and 9 assists last season. Kulu will have a full season. Richarlison will hopefully add a few. Hopefully a rwb will too and an lcb to create chances.

City have been trying for a while to add a goalscorer, bidding for kane, now buying haaland.
And city have a lot of world class players and elite management
Arsenal don’t

Im not sure what point you and Bedford are trying to make -if it's just that Arsenal aren't as good in attack as the teams above them then yeah that's obvious

Im not sure what point you and Bedford are trying to make -if it's just that Arsenal aren't as good in attack as the teams above them then yeah that's obvious

You're the one that said arteta was happy. I just pointed out he shouldn't be. They need to increase the amount they score.

They are now a source of humour and amusement.
It's a role reversal.
It’s hardly a role reversal. It’s all well and good claiming the ‘We finished above the Goons’ cup, but unless we actually back it up with winning trophies then it means naff all. Because even under Arteta they have managed to win an FA Cup, if the best we can muster during our ‘golden period’ is top 4 finishes then it is in fact us who are the source of amusement as has been the case over many years now. Let’s hope Conte is about to change this…..

Getting another player in who may score some more goals will help
But it won’t elevate them until they have a better all round team that can actually match the better sides mentally as well as technically

You're the one that said arteta was happy. I just pointed out he shouldn't be. They need to increase the amount they score.
They need to increase the scoring quite significantly
They can’t really hold a candle to any of the top sides
Beating the sides they should beat enough
Hell it’s what we did consistently under Poch

i described the way in which he wants them to get their goals as a team - i made no comment on whether he was happy with the amount of goals they are scoring currently as a team

Back