• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Just watched Lightyear with the family. Pretty good space adventure drama! Not at all reminiscent of the old Toy Story with a more mature storyline. The script and pacing was alkost perfect... No real down time and almost an intelligent laugh a minute enjoyable, especially if you like Star Wars and cats! Very fresh entertainment targeted at adults more than kids.

I watched SpiderHead earlier, the Netflix film with Hemsworth in the lead role
Started off pretty interesting, but didn't really go anywhere and ended with a whimper IMO. A fist fight in a prison is sooooooooo boring

Jurassic Dominion was so boring. Plodded along, various storylines but just a mess. As big a brick as that famous pile from the first movie.

I watched SpiderHead earlier, the Netflix film with Hemsworth in the lead role
Started off pretty interesting, but didn't really go anywhere and ended with a whimper IMO. A fist fight in a prison is sooooooooo boring
I thought it was good. Low key but excellent special effects and great acting. And it ended with a bang IMO.

I liked the look of the trailer for that when i was last at the cinema.

Last few visits :

Dr Strange Multiverse - poor, has Marvel jumped the shark?

Men - good, very creepy/tense throughout with some interesting symbolism and themes running through.

Top Gun Maverick - good fun, knows what it is and does it well

Dr Strange was basically a mishmash of the Evil Dead trilogy. The basic plot was weak enough without Raimi copying himself.

Beavis and Butthead was pretty good. Better than the previous one, which wasn't too bad either.

I watched Lamb last night
Started interesting
Then got a bit odd
Then a weak ending IMO

I honestly don't know why the brother shows up or what he adds to the story

Back