• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Good player, shame he's going to Chelsea but glad it's not the Goons as he would definitely improve them.

Completely. Don't want Arse (or Man U) to get stronger

Think he'd be a great addition for us, but £60m - £65m is a full price. Hopefully we get another creative type in instead

Richarlison + LCB + RWB will be great additions...and if we can get a creative player too, it'll be amazing

Remember a couple of months ago, some saying we wouldn't get 7 players in this summer?

We won't get 7 players in this summer. 6 probably, but not 7 I don't think. Everyone seems to think we're going to sign some trequartista type, but Conte really doesn't go for that if he can help it. I think our lack of genuine interest in Eriksen is another big clue to that end.

I know we've been helped by 2 free transfers, but I don't think spending c.£150m though on 4 other players was in anyone's line of expectations.

We won't get 7 players in this summer. 6 probably, but not 7 I don't think. Everyone seems to think we're going to sign some trequartista type, but Conte really doesn't go for that if he can help it. I think our lack of genuine interest in Eriksen is another big clue to that end.

I know we've been helped by 2 free transfers, but I don't think spending c.£150m though on 4 other players was in anyone's line of expectations.

Reckon we'll get the 6 before going to s korea, but have a little left in the bank (especially if we shift some). Come deadline day there will be a lot of teams that will need to balance the books. We'll get loads of offers and can see a van der vart/eriksen type deal happen.

6 is a big shift in TBF
Still want a genuine striker myself … Brereton please
The LCB and RWB
What’s key is so far we haven’t had outgoings which is kinda scary. Good scary though

Reckon we'll get the 6 before going to s korea, but have a little left in the bank (especially if we shift some). Come deadline day there will be a lot of teams that will need to balance the books. We'll get loads of offers and can see a van der vart/eriksen type deal happen.

I think the players we'll be going for late, if there's any, will be the likes of Nathan Collins or Brennan Johnson on loan back deals, a bit like Sarr last summer.

It's not going to be someone for the first 11 - we're planning and operating much better than that now it seems

6 is a big shift in TBF
Still want a genuine striker myself … Brereton please
The LCB and RWB
What’s key is so far we haven’t had outgoings which is kinda scary. Good scary though

I don't think we'll go for a CF once Richarlison is in. They'll get zero minutes and just rot like Janssen. I like Brereton a lot, but I don't think it makes any sense after Richarlison.

In terms of outgoings, we did clear the decks a lot last summer and in January. Ndombele and Lo Celso were the only unquestionable 'deadwood' left. Winks and Bergwijn are just being upgraded upon with Bissouma and Richarlison.

I think the players we'll be going for late, if there's any, will be the likes of Nathan Collins or Brennan Johnson on loan back deals, a bit like Sarr last summer.

It's not going to be someone for the first 11 - we're planning and operating much better than that now it seems

I can see one or two more youngsters. We brought in the irish keeper already. But have a hunch there will be a surprise come the end of the window.

Might be wrong, we'll see.

I don't think we'll go for a CF once Richarlison is in. They'll get zero minutes and just rot like Janssen. I like Brereton a lot, but I don't think it makes any sense after Richarlison.

In terms of outgoings, we did clear the decks a lot last summer and in January. Ndombele and Lo Celso were the only unquestionable 'deadwood' left. Winks and Bergwijn are just being upgraded upon with Bissouma and Richarlison.
We still have a dead wood to shift
But it’s not really holding us back currently
We need (IMO) another attacker as we would have 4 who conte can trust plus Moura
Is that enough ….

We still have a dead wood to shift
But it’s not really holding us back currently
We need (IMO) another attacker as we would have 4 who conte can trust plus Moura
Is that enough ….

I think Conte trusts Moura. If he doesn't I don't think he'll be here when the window closes.

Is Moura good enough, and a good enough fit to be the "fifth choice" option? Perhaps, perhaps not for me.

Would not be against signing another attacker, but could be difficult to attract the right player with Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison (if we sign him) already here. Could also be a question of priorities, we still have other areas we need to strengthen in.

I think Conte trusts Moura. If he doesn't I don't think he'll be here when the window closes.

Is Moura good enough, and a good enough fit to be the "fifth choice" option? Perhaps, perhaps not for me.

Would not be against signing another attacker, but could be difficult to attract the right player with Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison (if we sign him) already here. Could also be a question of priorities, we still have other areas we need to strengthen in.
We will break these 4 players with the volume of games and the World Cup
Moura … I don’t think he is trusted, I think he is the only option left
It’s why I think the Zaniolo talk is a good fit for us

We will break these 4 players with the volume of games and the World Cup
Moura … I don’t think he is trusted, I think he is the only option left
It’s why I think the Zaniolo talk is a good fit for us

Sweden didn't qualify for the WC, so Kulusevski is one of the premium players who will be getting a nice winter break next season.

We could even factor this into our ongoing recruitment - i.e. extra weightings towards Italians etc.

Back