• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Ice-Hockey Thread ***

1 down, 3 to go. Minus that silly 48s period we were pretty good for a more comfortable win, but Tampa is a team full of experienced winners, so there are the margins...

Stayed up to watch it, was a great game, obviously now fudged!

1 down, 3 to go. Minus that silly 48s period we were pretty good for a more comfortable win, but Tampa is a team full of experienced winners, so there are the margins...

Stayed up to watch it, was a great game, obviously now fudged!

Think I'm gonna try to watch the game in the weekend. Gonna be way too late, but what you gonna do. :p

Absolutely smashing them in game 2. It's like playing with those skinny guys in the old Nintendo ice hockey game against only fat guys, only the fat guys aren't all that much stronger, just a whole lot slower.

7-0! In the Stanley Cup final. Jesus. Haha. We're gonna sweep the floor with them.

Last edited:
Somewhat nuts to win a SCF game 7-0... I hope that's broken Tampa mentally but they win game 3 on home ice then who knows, they have a lot of experience in that team.

Boot on the throat, 1 win out of the next 2 and we have a chance to take the series on home ice.

Nervous about tonight's game. Kuemper not looking great at the moment. We really need him to be up for it to get something out of this one. Take 3-1 back to Denver and we're gonna win it - but 2-2, damn, that could do some mental damage. Hope Naz is back and up for it tonight - think he will be!

The newborn had me up just as the third period started so I stayed up for the rest of it, think first two periods we did well to hang in there and then third and OT we controlled it really, especially OT, felt like we had a 12 minute PP.

Now to finish it off, clean cut, one swing, get it done, lift Lord Stanley.

I woke up at 5 to check the score and saw the game had gone to OT, so bounced out of bed in time for it. We completely dominated that! I'm just in awe of how good this team is. Never seen hockey this quick and technical before. Having played in my youth, I'm just left speechless at the pace and intensity they keep going at, and with that skill level. Athleticism at the highest echelon. Hockey is a beautiful sport when played like the current Avs teams is playing. Pure eye candy.

To win at home in the next game would be epic! 3 match balls now. I just can't see the Bolts coming back from this. :D

I woke up at 5 to check the score and saw the game had gone to OT, so bounced out of bed in time for it. We completely dominated that! I'm just in awe of how good this team is. Never seen hockey this quick and technical before. Having played in my youth, I'm just left speechless at the pace and intensity they keep going at, and with that skill level. Athleticism at the highest echelon. Hockey is a beautiful sport when played like the current Avs teams is playing. Pure eye candy.

To win at home in the next game would be epic! 3 match balls now. I just can't see the Bolts coming back from this. :D

Just need to finish it off.

Yes the Avs play at such a great speed, been the key to the whole post season but especially against the Bolts, one more push and it's done.

I got to go see my first and only NHL match a few years ago in Calgary, in person when you see the speed the game in general is played it's just breathtaking, that night I got to see Jagr when he was at the Flames, was rather great to him him in person.

Bit like if you've ever seen Spurs or a Prem game from the front row, you really get an appreciating at just how fast and athletic is all is.

Also, it was wonderful to see Naz get the winner, now lets get this fudging boat!

Just need to finish it off.

Yes the Avs play at such a great speed, been the key to the whole post season but especially against the Bolts, one more push and it's done.

I got to go see my first and only NHL match a few years ago in Calgary, in person when you see the speed the game in general is played it's just breathtaking, that night I got to see Jagr when he was at the Flames, was rather great to him him in person.

Bit like if you've ever seen Spurs or a Prem game from the front row, you really get an appreciating at just how fast and athletic is all is.

Also, it was wonderful to see Naz get the winner, now lets get this fudging boat!

Ah, yes, fully agree. I got to sit almost ringside at the Lane a couple of years back, and you really got to appreciate the speed and skill involved - you kind of take it for granted when watching on TV.

So envious of that! I want to go to Denver one day, have some nice weed and watch hockey. Damn, that would be nice. :)

We got this! Really looking forward to the next game. We got this! :D

Congrats to you also @Daisuk - Same here ahaha, now a Cowboys SuperBowl and a Spurs ANYTHING would be nice.

The new born woke me up around 3am last night, I had stayed up to watch game 5 so was a bit dejected but knew the baby would wake me up, watched the third period and it was fairly easy really, controlled them well, probably should have got another, Darcy had a good game when called upon.

Makar with the Conn Smythe at 23, the Bobby Orr comparisons continue, what a wonderful player.

I watched the cup lift in 2001 when I was 14 and waited 21 years for this one, lovely to see Eric Johnson get his moment.

Also brilliant that they dropped and dented the fudging thing ha!

I didn't get to see it, unfortunately, but obviously caught the extended highlights, and it did look like we were closer to a third than they were to equalizing. Makar is just incredible. I remember there being a huge buzz about him before he came, and boy was it warranted. What a player. :D Haha, yes, I heard some NHL official say something about it having to be some kind of record to dent it that quickly! :p

Happy Hockey Season.

n2mkwoz.jpg

Unlike football players, these two men just got up and got on with it.

Happy Hockey Season.

n2mkwoz.jpg

Unlike football players, these two men just got up and got on with it.
Unlike football players, they are clad in padding and helmets. Did you see Rudiger split his head open a couple of days ago, scoring the winning goal, whilst the goalie also split his head open?

Boychuk, no amount of padding or helmets cushions the blows they take in the NHL. They're skating at speeds up to 30 mph, blocking frozen rubber pucks flying at 90 mph speeds and carrying carbon fibre shillelaghs.

I've seen hockey players pull out loosened teeth or take stitches on the bench between shifts and get back out there. Rudiger got nicked on his forehead, one of the easiest parts of the human body to draw blood from.

Boychuk, no amount of padding or helmets cushions the blows they take in the NHL. They're skating at speeds up to 30 mph, blocking frozen rubber pucks flying at 90 mph speeds and carrying carbon fibre shillelaghs.

I've seen hockey players pull out loosened teeth or take stitches on the bench between shifts and get back out there. Rudiger got nicked on his forehead, one of the easiest parts of the human body to draw blood from.

You don't ever see a hockey player rolling around on the ice pretending they're hurt, do you? Quite refreshing to see athletes just getting on with it.

You don't ever see a hockey player rolling around on the ice pretending they're hurt, do you? Quite refreshing to see athletes just getting on with it.

Those two players in my picture not only got up, they had a couple more dandy hits on one another. Quite the battle.

No, faking injury in ice hockey will only bring further retribution on your head. It's rough justice. Play hard by all means, but play fair, and no one will have issues.

Haven't kept my head in the NHL but when I was working for the Canadian Gov I went to Ottawa a fair few times so took in the Sens, Karlsson was the man for them, incredible player

Back