• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It didn't work though. Which was the problem.
Because we were crap at attacking corners maybe?
We weren't and aren't aggressive enough or big enough aerially to be effective from corners. Only Romero shows enough aggression and hes not a giant but probably would have been more effective attacking the near post.
We surely need a monster defender to attack set pieces ( and defend them ) and it seems the obvious position is at LCB.

Because we were crap at attacking corners maybe?
We weren't and aren't aggressive enough or big enough aerially to be effective from corners. Only Romero shows enough aggression and hes not a giant but probably would have been more effective attacking the near post.
We surely need a monster defender to attack set pieces ( and defend them ) and it seems the obvious position is at LCB.

Looking at the lcbs we've targeted, bastoni, Ndicka, hincapie all seem either very tall or good in aerial duels. Richarlison also.

Moura is also amazing in the air. Top 2% of attacking mids/wingers (europes top 5 leagues) for aerial duels won.

Considering his height Mouras air game is epic.
True, but has he shown evidence of doing it in a crowded penalty area? My memory's awful, but I can't think of too many occasions where he's outmuscled a CD and headed one in from a corner. Of course, that might be due to our tactics anyway -- very limited opportunities for that sort of goal.

Why would we be waiting for a final answer if we haven't even made him an official offer?

Doesn't make sense. We talked to his agent but didn't make an offer. Then what the fudge fdid we talk to his agent about, the weather? Ofcourse we'd have outlined a package we would be willing to offer him. Maybe it wasn't enough and was dismissed fair enough. Or he didn't want to come back here or play for conte. But i doubt his agent would turn us down without first listening to the offer. At the very least he could use it as a benchmark for other negotiations.

Why would we be waiting for a final answer if we haven't even made him an official offer?
We're not. But Brentford and ManU are.

Doesn't make sense. We talked to his agent but didn't make an offer. Then what the fudge fdid we talk to his agent about, the weather? Of course we'd have outlined a package we would be willing to offer him. Maybe it wasn't enough and was dismissed fair enough. Or he didn't want to come back here or play for conte. But i doubt his agent would turn us down without first listening to the offer. At the very least he could use it as a benchmark for other negotiations.
It entirely depends on the conversation with the agent. Maybe Eriksen doesn't fancy coming back to Spurs after all, and told his agent to tell us that.

Or perhaps said agent had an idea of Eriksen's targets for wages and match time, and they were miles off what we were prepared to give him -- as good as Eriksen still is, don't forget that there's no obvious place for him in the current Spurs system so Conte would have to change things. You'd do that for a 24yo Eriksen, sure, but a 30yo?

For whatever reason, it's extremely unusual for a negotiation to have so few unknowns -- Eriksen knows exactly what he'd be getting from Spurs, while Spurs know exactly what they'd be getting from Eriksen. If Conte, Paratici, and Eriksen don't think it'll work out, there's no point beating around the bush.

I'm disappointed, of course -- if I wasn't a romantic (and die hard masochist) I'd have stopped supporting Spurs years ago. If he's not coming back to us, I really hope he stays with Brentford.

We're not. But Brentford and ManU are.

It entirely depends on the conversation with the agent. Maybe Eriksen doesn't fancy coming back to Spurs after all, and told his agent to tell us that.

Or perhaps said agent had an idea of Eriksen's targets for wages and match time, and they were miles off what we were prepared to give him -- as good as Eriksen still is, don't forget that there's no obvious place for him in the current Spurs system so Conte would have to change things. You'd do that for a 24yo Eriksen, sure, but a 30yo?

For whatever reason, it's extremely unusual for a negotiation to have so few unknowns -- Eriksen knows exactly what he'd be getting from Spurs, while Spurs know exactly what they'd be getting from Eriksen. If Conte, Paratici, and Eriksen don't think it'll work out, there's no point beating around the bush.

I'm disappointed, of course -- if I wasn't a romantic (and die hard masochist) I'd have stopped supporting Spurs years ago. If he's not coming back to us, I really hope he stays with Brentford.

Agree with all that. My point was that romano said we talked with them and made no offer. So what the fudge did we talk about?

Agree with all that. My point was that romano said we talked with them and made no offer. So what the fudge did we talk about?

Surely every conversation between Levy, Conte and Eriksen always comes back round to wigs. The good (Conte), the bad (Eriksen) and the ugly (well).

The tweet says no official bid. No point if rough figures were discussed and we were miles off. Of course, all this should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Oh, and wigs :)

Doesn't make sense. We talked to his agent but didn't make an offer. Then what the fudge fdid we talk to his agent about, the weather? Of course we'd have outlined a package we would be willing to offer him. Maybe it wasn't enough and was dismissed fair enough. Or he didn't want to come back here or play for conte. But i doubt his agent would turn us down without first listening to the offer. At the very least he could use it as a benchmark for other negotiations.
You are the one talking about "offer".

We spoke to the agent and said the wages we will offer e.g. £80-100k with bonuses and the agent says "no way, we want £150k" or whaaaaatever. So we don't follow up and don't put in an official bid into the bidding pot. We just walk away. Simple

You are the one talking about "offer".

We spoke to the agent and said the wages we will offer e.g. £80-100k with bonuses and the agent says "no way, we want £150k" or whaaaaatever. So we don't follow up and don't put in an official bid into the bidding pot. We just walk away. Simple
Of course, Eriksen may just hold a massive grudge against Levy for not selling him earlier. Here's how I hope the meeting went down...

Scene: Daniel Levy's office. The bald maestro is sitting at his massive desk, stroking a small white cat. Eriksen's agent is sitting opposite.

Agent: Mr Levy, my client has asked me to give you this.

* He places a white envelope on the desk and pushes it towards Levy. *

Agent: And with that, I bid you good day.

* Before Levy can reply, the agent gets up, turns smartly, and leaves. *

* With a furrowed brow, Levy reaches over and picks up the envelope. He opens it to find a card with a crudely drawn rooster and balls. *

Cut to receptionist's station, just outside Levy's office.

* High-pitched scream of rage, followed by a muffled thud against the wall. *

* The receptionist picks up her phone. *

Levy: I'm sorry Miss Moneypinchy, but it's happened again. Please send up the cleaner.

Back