• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Its silly because Bissouma will still be here in 5 years if hes good enough, Forster likewise if he doesn't leave to get games elsewhere. The other links we have to Spence and various CBs are all medium to long term additions. The only player we've been linked to that works just for the short term is Perisic.

Its silly because Bissouma will still be here in 5 years if hes good enough, Forster likewise if he doesn't leave to get games elsewhere. The other links we have to Spence and various CBs are all medium to long term additions. The only player we've been linked to that works just for the short term is Perisic.
Their comfort blanket is age
They will be building this team for a long time unless they unearth a genuine world class player or two
I’ve seen and heard comparisons to Poch spurs side. I can see it too but it’s a way off as Poch inherited some top top players too which he was able to improve upon

They will be building this team for a long time unless they unearth a genuine world class player or two
I’ve seen and heard comparisons to Poch spurs side. I can see it too but it’s a way off as Poch inherited some top top players too which he was able to improve upon

The other challenge is their plan only works if those players get you into the CL. Otherwise you end up with the better players being targets for bigger teams, as happened to us for years

Lol they won’t be able to keep Saka if city want him as per the rumours. Who else do they have that can compare to the likes of son and Kane? N’Ketiah hahah

If anything we have learned that the best teams are those balanced with world class players, and peppered with good young hungry players.

Hopefully Farteta stays there and bricks the bed like this season, and AFTV can hang on to the FA cup he got them.

Forster is 34, not sure he'll have 5 years left in him. But on a free, a solution, happy with that. Perisic similarly has limited mileage, but again on a free, fixes a problem short term. And we have Sessegnon.

As is mostly the case, whenever we sign someone for more serious money it's someone with years left at the top like Bissouma, or even younger.

Will very happily take more obvious solutions to problems, very good players.

To be fair to Arsenal they're trying to do a thing, it takes time, it may work out. But that doesn't in any way make our current approach anything other than really good, on paper. Then there's reality, for both of us.

Speaking to a couple of Emirates Marketing Project fans I know, they're happy to see the back of Sterling and Jesus.

Just watching the last word on spurs. At around 20 mins adam (sport finance guy) starts to explain about what happens duing a transfer. Interesting. I knew the hrmc had limited how much a player can claim of his salary as image rights to 15%. As otherwise players would claim the lot and pay zero income tax just coorporation tax. I didn't realise that it is only really players of the big 6 clubs that get this (players getting paid less i'm guessing it's not worth the hassle). So if you are a player from a smaller team joining a big club (say spence joining tottenham). You would first have to get a lawyer to set up a company that would then own your image rights, which the club would then pay into.

Makes sense, but it hadn't occured to me. Other stuff aswell that can drag out a transfer.

To be fair to Arsenal they're trying to do a thing, it takes time, it may work out. But that doesn't in any way make our current approach anything other than really good, on paper. Then there's reality, for both of us.

I disagree, I see no plan from Arsenal to do anything

- they literally have the most inexperienced manager in the league, so if you look at top 6 -> Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Arteta and Ten Hag, they have put themselves at a huge disadvantage.
- Taking your time when missing on CL doesn't make sense, it just makes the money gap problem worse
- Young players translating to the real deal happens far less than people think, this idea that their young players will just improve year over year is delusion. They don't have a single player that is what Dele was in those first 2-3 seasons with us, and look how that turned out.

They have done what United did with Ole, go get a manager that the fans/players will be less likely to complain about, and won't push the board to actually do something, all nice and comfortable while not realizing you are making the club fundamentally worse by breeding a poor culture. Under Arteta, Arsenal has a terrible disciplinary record, they bottle it and they then make up some conspiracy theory brick to not take responsibility, let that fester in an organization for years and you will struggle to ever fix it.

I disagree, I see no plan from Arsenal to do anything

- they literally have the most inexperienced manager in the league, so if you look at top 6 -> Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Arteta and Ten Hag, they have put themselves at a huge disadvantage.
- Taking your time when missing on CL doesn't make sense, it just makes the money gap problem worse
- Young players translating to the real deal happens far less than people think, this idea that their young players will just improve year over year is delusion. They don't have a single player that is what Dele was in those first 2-3 seasons with us, and look how that turned out.

They have done what United did with Ole, go get a manager that the fans/players will be less likely to complain about, and won't push the board to actually do something, all nice and comfortable while not realizing you are making the club fundamentally worse by breeding a poor culture. Under Arteta, Arsenal has a terrible disciplinary record, they bottle it and they then make up some conspiracy theory brick to not take responsibility, let that fester in an organization for years and you will struggle to ever fix it.
Yeah but they are young so their discipline will improve as they get older
Yes I’m being sarcastic

Back