• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale (again)

Exactly the same here. While I certainly wouldn't mind having Bale on the bench (with 5 subs next season), it absolutely shouldn't be at the expense of signing a first teamer or even an exciting young prospect.

That said, I think we should look back towards Eriksen before looking forward properly ;-)
Got to say, out of the former supertrio, Bale is the one that's the least tempting for me. But it's academic anyway as we'll end up with none of them.

would be a massive waste, he's still one of the best players in the world, he's just won another CL

Did he? Or did he just barely make the number of minutes on the pitch required to get a trophy?

He's very very expensive, extremely injury prone and has questionable desire. If he came back I'd be 100% behind him as he's a Spurs legend, but honestly, for what he would cost plus the impact on Kulu's development, I'm really not sure he's worth it.

Did he? Or did he just barely make the number of minutes on the pitch required to get a trophy?

He's very very expensive, extremely injury prone and has questionable desire. If he came back I'd be 100% behind him as he's a Spurs legend, but honestly, for what he would cost plus the impact on Kulu's development, I'm really not sure he's worth it.
Not been injured this season according to him (see my post above)

Not been injured this season according to him (see my post above)

According to ancelotti he couldn't pick him because he never trained. Maybe a similar situation with ledley, most the time in the pool etc... not sure conte would either. Believe rumours are that both spurs and bales camp are doubtful it would work.

According to ancelotti he couldn't pick him because he never trained. Maybe a similar situation with ledley, most the time in the pool etc... not sure conte would either. Believe rumours are that both spurs and bales camp are doubtful it would work.
I love Bale, he's one of my all time favourites and it's a real shame that his comeback was behind closed doors but my mind has started to change on if we should bring him back or not. The direction of travel this window seems to be taking suggests we really are going to mix it with the big boys and Conte really is taking no prisoners or passengers.
I still think Bale could do a job as an impact sub but if one player were to come in not 100% committed and unable to train I think it could undermine a lot of the squad cohesion Conte insists on.
Still torn.

It was just politics to appease the fans, notice they didn't risk leaving him out of the CL final completely, incase they needed him to come on and rescue them again.

He's not expensive at all, he's free, and he's made about a million quid a week for the last 7 years so his wage demand will be negligible, he's not an idiot, he knows the rate at Spurs.

I don't think it would impact Kulu either, as he'd be the option for Kane.

He's the best player in the world we can sign. Zlatan isn't going anywhere.

What provoked the situation that the fans needed appeasing in the first place? He was often unavailable for club then played for Wales. He was seen to prefer golf, re-inforced by the Wales golf banner.

He was a huge signing for Real and things went sour - largely due to his actions - to suggest otherwise would be naive.

With that in mind his role as a non playing sub in the champions league final was likely more to do with the number of subs allowed.

With respect you have no idea what his wage demands would be, while sentiment might see him play for a pittance for Cardiff that would not be the case in a team competing for the champions league such as us. Barnett will want the most got his client and that's likely £200,000 a week plus.

Last point before I move on from this - Conte's pre seasons are grueling - I don't see bale being Bale to cope or wanting to do that again.

I'll always love him, but sometimes you need to just accept somethings run it's course.

He may not have been injured as much as has been reported before.

What is beyond doubt is that he's either physically unable or unwilling to do the hard defensive work on the pitch. Even when coming on late in games. I find it hard to want that into the squad, puts so many limitations on when he can be used and can't be a good signal for the rest of the squad, even though he is Gareth Bale.

Not 100% against it, but if we need another option and have the money to go for a different option, someone willing and able to put the work in that's what we should do.

He may not have been injured as much as has been reported before.

What is beyond doubt is that he's either physically unable or unwilling to do the hard defensive work on the pitch. Even when coming on late in games. I find it hard to want that into the squad, puts so many limitations on when he can be used and can't be a good signal for the rest of the squad, even though he is Gareth Bale.

Not 100% against it, but if we need another option and have the money to go for a different option, someone willing and able to put the work in that's what we should do.
I think the thinking is, we have a ton of players that will put the hard work and a shift in, when that's not enough you bring on Bale?

I think the thinking is, we have a ton of players that will put the hard work and a shift in, when that's not enough you bring on Bale?
That was my take on Bale too -- he wouldn't be there to play full matches, but who better to have on the bench ready to come on against tired defenders in the 80th minute?

Seeing how the transfer window is developing, however, I'm less keen on Bale. I'd much rather get a young hungry forward as our 3rd/4th choice attacker. Sure, if we get Bale without splurging megabucks, why not, but not if it means not being able to balance the books on Richarlison, for example.

Also, Bale's said that he needs to be match fit for the World Cup. While our training facilities are up there with the world's best, sitting on our bench isn't going to get him match fit. He'd be much better off at Cardiff, as long as he can avoid all those Charlie Adams wannabes.

One club that I've not seen mentioned is Southampton. Not sure how well he'd fit in there anyway, but he'd be at less risk of injury than he would be in the Championship.

Last edited:
There was a lot of talk at one point of Saudi Sportswashing Machine going in for him, seems to have died down recently

I think that's fine, but if we could get a player more suitable to different game conditions, someone who will put in the hard work maybe that's better overall. Even if in the specific condition with 15 minutes left and we need a goal Bale would be a bit more likely to get us that goal than another player.

I also think the overall impact of having a squad with only players that work hard can be an additional positive compared to having one or two that don't.

We do everything we can to win. Compared to, we do everything we can to win, except Bale, he can just not do the defensive work, that's fine, whatever. I think there can be a difference in overall attitude as a result of that.

Our best periods in the past there's been this collective, everyone on board kind of attitude, I really like that.

If he intends to retire after the world Cup I'd ask him to join us half a season for free but assure him some minutes play time if we are ahead . 5 subs rule means planty of opportunity. Win- win.

Prefer still to invest in younger potential talent with Conte and Paraticis track record for us so far.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
I love Bale, he's one of my all time favourites and it's a real shame that his comeback was behind closed doors but my mind has started to change on if we should bring him back or not. The direction of travel this window seems to be taking suggests we really are going to mix it with the big boys and Conte really is taking no prisoners or passengers.
I still think Bale could do a job as an impact sub but if one player were to come in not 100% committed and unable to train I think it could undermine a lot of the squad cohesion Conte insists on.
Still torn.
Let's be honest, he'll retire as soon as the WC ends anyway.
Will be a good signing for someone until November..

Back