• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Yeah I agree but he's also started doing multiple "here we go" posts for all players, almost as a form of self promotion. He's pretty much always right, but with our history of not getting players over the line, having a pre emptive here we go sets the insta pages going wild saying "so and so has signed". At that stage they haven't, so if something goes wrong it will just make the club look daft.

Romano is getting worse. I believe that is a mocked up image not a real one, but every time he posts a "here we go" every twenty something fan boy with a spurs insta page reports it as a done deal, when medicals can find problems etc etc then berates the club if it doesn't happen (which granted Romano has only got Paulo Fonseca wrong to be fair).

upload_2022-6-16_8-28-57.png

Yeah I agree but he's also started doing multiple "here we go" posts for all players, almost as a form of self promotion. He's pretty much always right, but with our history of not getting players over the line, having a pre emptive here we go sets the insta pages going wild saying "so and so has signed". At that stage they haven't, so if something goes wrong it will just make the club look daft.

If anyone takes a "here we go" post from him as synonymous with an official confirmation that's on them. Makes the club look daft perhaps, but such is life when people make daft conclusions.

From what I've seen/read when he posts that it usually means that a deal is rather close. I think it can be trusted to a fairly high degree that a deal is close. But it's never done until it's actually done and confirmed.

He self promotes, that's part of his business. I can't really fault him for making a good career of this kind of thing.

That video reminds me of Michael Carrick. Lots of interceptions and tracking-back tackles, a few dribbles, nothing flash. Gets the ball, makes it safe, plays a short pass. Very involved, keeps it ticking in midfield. Tidy.

I think that is fair. A small upgrade on Hojbjerg who is very good himself. Certainly leaves us stronger with more cover in the middle.

An interesting question: how much can Bissouma develop? There are moments in games where he is more than a tidy efficient player. He can leave midfielders and defenders for dead. He can finish well at times (and poorly other times). He could go on to be one of the best midfielders around. Currently, his passing and shooting are not elite. He can't pass the ball like Carrick. If he can develop this side of his game the sky's the limit you feel.

Last edited:
Ah hem , told by my contact he is currently undergoing his medical. Expect an announcement later today or early tomorrow.

f5-refresh.gif

Back