• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

When klopp won the bundesliga with dortmund they got knocked out of the group stages in the europa the first season he won it. The second season he won it they got knocked out in the cl group stages.

Or...Klopp got to CL final in year after he first got top four...followed by missing out on winning the league by one point AND winning the CL against us...followed by getting through the CL group and getting knocked out in first knockout round AND winning the premier league etc etc

You can cut it both ways..plus i could list other 'top' coaches and their CL and domestic league records too...

I get wanting to be positive about our (imo top class) manager but that shouldn't mean we go all RAWK when we try and scrutinise poor previous showings in the CL as though it's blasphemy :D

Or...Klopp got to CL final in year after he first got top four...followed by missing out on winning the league by one point AND winning the CL against us...followed by getting through the CL group and getting knocked out in first knockout round AND winning the premier league etc etc

You can cut it both ways..plus i could list other 'top' coaches and their CL and domestic league records too...

I get wanting to be positive about our (imo top class) manager but that shouldn't mean we go all RAWK when we try and scrutinise poor previous showings in the CL as though it's blasphemy :D

The thing is though he's never had enough time at a club to build a squad capable of competing on both fronts. He focuses on the league first.

He spent 3 years at juve. 2 years at chelsea. 2 years at inter.

Inter and juve hadn't won the league in years. Chelsea were midtable when he took over. He got juve to the final of the europa.

Does time spent at the club account for anything, as in focusing on the league for the first few years then only on the CL.

Klopp has had the time to do that, has Conte ever?
No
Partly through his own choice
But then he would never have ever been given as long as Klopp was at pool to win something for example
TBF I don’t think many managers would have been given so long and so much money without winning things

The thing is though he's never had enough time at a club to build a squad capable of competing on both fronts. He focuses on the league first.

He spent 3 years at juve. 2 years at chelsea. 2 years at inter.

Inter and juve hadn't won the league in years. Chelsea were midtable when he took over. He got juve to the final of the europa.

I think that's part of it, but his record in the CL is still poor. We really need to give him the options needed to do some rotation, options he trusts and rates enough to actually give them real game time.

Even then my expectations for the CL aren't as high as they would have been if Conte had a record of doing well in the league and CL.

There are explanations, there are reasons to think he may do better in the CL for us and still do well in the league. But that's something he still has to show that he can actually do.

Breaking news there! Who would have thought that getting better players in every position could make a team better. Mind blowing! Wonder why no one has ever thought of that before!

Breaking news, people are actually talking of spurs properly challenging and being a force next season. Rather than calling us a laughing stock last summer.

If you can't appreciate that, fair enough.

What I think is interesting this transfer window is we seem to be getting our business done quickly. Managers obviously want a full preseason with their squad - it looks like his squad will be pretty much there by the time preseason comes around. This year I can’t see myself being glued to the media on the last day hoping for that great signing to happen!

Levy obviously believes in Conte more than any other manager we have had. He is backing him financially and he is getting business done early.

I do genuinely believe we are going to shock teams next year, whether we will be in the title race come April/May is anyones guess, but right now, with the backing and support he has, I definitely think Conte believes we can - and IMHO that is why he has stayed.

Breaking news, people are actually talking of spurs properly challenging and being a force next season. Rather than calling us a laughing stock last summer.

If you can't appreciate that, fair enough.
Gimmie a break! That "analysis" was just as breaking and insightful as those ITK macarons saying we will sign someone at some point.

Think they will get Gaultier who is a top manager
But IMO not one who suits PSGs set up

If campos is allowed to change the set up it could work. It did at lille. They could start by getting rid of some of their over paid galacticos and playing some of their youngsters. Look how well nkunku has done compared to messi last season.

If campos is allowed to change the set up it could work. It did at lille. They could start by getting rid of some of their over paid galacticos and playing some of their youngsters. Look how well nkunku has done compared to messi last season.
Yeah we know that isn’t gonna happen

Back