• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Who is expecting him to be a world beater? A little bit of positivity about a new player who hasn’t even signed yet, thats all i’m asking.

That's too much to expect, we dont do shades of grey, either great or brick, and players dont make mistakes they make errors on purpose just to annoy us or because they supported an other team as a 6 year old.

Surprise surprise.

Even if true I'm not sure it says much.

There's a lot of interest in him, Middlesbrough seem rather set on selling him and he wants out. That probably means we have a decent idea of what the fee will end up being. So the process is more about convincing the player that we're the best option for him, not convincing the club to sell him for whatever we think is an acceptable fee.

May of course also be that the rumours and speculations are wide of the mark, that we're not working on a deal for him. But if we are a fee with Middlesbrough is secondary to convincing the player. If we can agree a deal with Spencer or probably strengthens our hand a touch when negotiating with Middlesbrough, without mattering too much on the final fee.

I'd rather have a dull one that just delivers goals when called upon.

Yeah not sure we need a young one. We have parrott and scarlett coming through. An experienced one that knows what to do coming off the bench or one that can play more than one position.

I watched Djed play for the U21s on Monday on TV

He was "fine". He didn't do much wrong. But for instance, I feel an established player like e.g. Reguilon would have stood out as an absolute KING on that pitch, whereas Djed just looked like everyone else. Meh.

So for me Djed will come in a bit like Sessegnon did. Some good bits... some shyness... a bit cautious.... meh. We need some real IMPACT from our new signings, not another "in 3 years he will be good enough to start" type player.

Gordon from Everton is the gem at that level

He was "fine". He didn't do much wrong. But for instance, I feel an established player like e.g. Reguilon would have stood out as an absolute KING on that pitch, whereas Djed just looked like everyone else. Meh.

So for me Djed will come in a bit like Sessegnon did. Some good bits... some shyness... a bit cautious.... meh. We need some real IMPACT from our new signings, not another "in 3 years he will be good enough to start" type player.

Well I’ve watched a lot of Spence during the season, when it actually matters - and he has been VERY good. I’ve seen a few players judged on here based on international friendlies after the season has ended, not really sure what the point is - it’s clear the majority of players aren’t playing anywhere near what they can do, for obvious reasons…..

i caught some of the game, and while I agree he’s not the finished article ready to start all our games, most of englands attacks came via the right and Djed’s play down the wing. His physical presence is also clear and will be a huge help.

Last edited:
Back