• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Thats ok. How many goals do Keita, Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago score for Liverpool?
That’s exactly they didn’t win the big cups last year
And we would have to change the whole set up to mirror the pool formation your alluding too
We are buying wingbacks so 4-3-3 isn’t the system to suit them

That’s exactly they didn’t win the big cups last year
And we would have to change the whole set up to mirror the pool formation your alluding too
We are buying wingbacks so 4-3-3 isn’t the system to suit them

I know, just saying that having midfielders that don’t score frequently isn’t the end. I fully expect our wingbacks to contribute more goal contributions next season. Plus our front three rack them up too.

Bentancur, Eriksen, Bissouma midfield anyone?
Still only one player there who scores any goals
That's the thing. Do we need more goalscorers? Our aim is to win the PL, so let's compare with Liverpool, a team that's been up there recently and plays with three forwards...

Liverpool 2019/20: Champions
Forwards: 50 (Salah 19, Mane 18, Firmino 9, Origi 4)
Backup Forwards: None!
Rest: 33 (including 5 for VVD, 4 each for Wijnaldum and Oxlade-C)

Liverpool 2020/21: Third
Forwards: 49 (Salah 22, Mane 11, Jota 9, Firmino 9)
Backup Forwards: 1 (Minamino)
Rest: 13 (with no-one scoring more than 2)

Liverpool 2021/22: Second
Forwards: 59 (Salah 23, Mane 16, Jota 15, Firmino 5)
Backup Forwards: 10 (Diaz 4, Minamino 3, Origi 3)
Rest: 25 (5 for Fabinho, rest spread around)

I'm not sure that tells me anything, other than just how thin Liverpool's squad was when they won the PL.

That said, is it unreasonable to expect 50 goals from Kane, Son and Kulusevski? Add in a 4th member of the attacking band, and that should compare well with Liverpool. Actually, how HAVE our lot looked?

Spurs 2020/21: Seventh
Forwards: 51 (Kane 23, Son 17, Bale 11)
Backup Forwards: 5 (Moura 3, Vinicius 1, Bergwijn 1)
Rest: 10

Spurs 2021/22: Fourth
Forwards: 45 (Son 23, Kane 17, Kulu 5)
Backup Forwards: 5 (Bergwijn 3, Moura 2)
Rest: 13

We're certainly behind Liverpool, but adding a 4th attacker in rotation should get us up there. All that does highlight just how poor (or poorly handled) Moura, Bergwijn and Vinicius have been.

So I was about to agree with Bedford that some more goals from elsewhere would be nice...and then I remembered that he included Eriksen -- who scored 8 goals in 2016-17, then 10, then 8 again, before he only managing 2 in the first half of 2019-20.

Add a 6-goal season from him and things look rosier. Don't forget that we should get at least 10 a season from Kulu and surely Perisic will score more than Reguilon and Sessegnon have. I don't think that's too bad, TBH. Add in Richarlison and we're laughing.

Last edited:
That's the thing. Do we need more goalscorers? Our aim is to win the PL, so let's compare with Liverpool, a team that's been up there recently and plays with three forwards...

Liverpool 2019/20: Champions
Forwards: 50 (Salah 19, Mane 18, Firmino 9, Origi 4)
Backup Forwards: None!
Rest: 33 (including 5 for VVD, 4 each for Wijnaldum and Oxlade-C)

Liverpool 2020/21: Third
Forwards: 49 (Salah 22, Mane 11, Jota 9, Firmino 9)
Backup Forwards: 1 (Minamino)
Rest: 13 (with no-one scoring more than 2)

Liverpool 2021/22: Second
Forwards: 59 (Salah 23, Mane 16, Jota 15, Firmino 5)
Backup Forwards: 10 (Diaz 4, Minamino 3, Origi 3)
Rest: 25 (5 for Fabinho, rest spread around)

I'm not sure that tells me anything, other than just how thing Liverpool's squad was when they won the PL.

That said, is it unreasonable to expect 50 goals from Kane, Son and Kulusevski? Add in a 4th member of the attacking band, and that should compare well with Liverpool. Actually, how HAVE our lot looked?

Spurs 2020/21: Seventh
Forwards: 51 (Kane 23, Son 17, Bale 11)
Backup Forwards: 5 (Moura 3, Vinicius 1, Bergwijn 1)
Rest: 10

Spurs 2021/22: Fourth
Forwards: 45 (Son 23, Kane 17, Kulu 5)
Backup Forwards: 5 (Bergwijn 3, Moura 2)
Rest: 13

We're certainly behind Liverpool, but adding a 4th attacker in rotation should get us up there. All that does highlight just how poor (or poorly handled) Moura, Bergwijn and Vinicius have been.

So I was about to agree with Bedford that some more goals from elsewhere would be nice...and then I remembered that the post he was responding to included Eriksen. He scored 8 goals in 2016-17, then 10, then 8 again, before he only managed 2 in the first half of 2019-20.

Add a 6-goal season from him and things look rosier. Don't forget that we should get at least 10 a season from Kulu and surely Perisic will score more than Reguilon and Sessegnon have. I don't think that's too bad, TBH. Add in Richarlison and we're laughing.
To win the prem you need more than 80 goals
The key if course with eriksen in the team in a 3 man midfield we would probably be playing 3-5-2. That would mean two actual forwards and eriksen in midfield where he thrives. That’s arguably 2 regular goal-scorers and occasional ones wide
It may work in some games and actually may well be beneficial
My comment though was aimed at a midfield of Bentacur, Bissouma and eriksen .. Nice on paper but unless the full backs or wing backs are getting double figures we’re better off IMO playing 3-4-3 with eriksen as an option against but Parker’s in the middle 4 in front of a Bissouma or skipp or PEH (options)
What we need despertale is an additional attacker conte trusts. Preferably one who can play wide as well as CF
It’s why the Richarlson link makes sense even for the silly fee

To get 80+ goals:

Kane and Son 20+ each
Kulusevski 10+
Eriksen? 6+
Perisic 4+

that’s 60 already and it’s totally possible that the rest of the squad could score 2+ goals each on average. That would take us to 80+ and isn’t unrealistic I don’t think

To get 80+ goals:

Kane and Son 20+ each
Kulusevski 10+
Eriksen? 6+
Perisic 4+

that’s 60 already and it’s totally possible that the rest of the squad could score 2+ goals each on average. That would take us to 80+ and isn’t unrealistic I don’t think
That's the thing -- they haven't been. Assuming that Kulu and Eriksen basically replace Bergwijn and Moura, we're still looking 10 goals short. I'd be much happier with a genuine 4th forward to rotate. Richarlison is proven.

This is all conjecture though. It's not ridiculous to imagine Son, Kane and Kulu scoring 60 goals between them with a full season of committed Conte-ball. Plus 10 shared between the WBs and 10 from CM/CD.

To get 80+ goals:

Kane and Son 20+ each
Kulusevski 10+
Eriksen? 6+
Perisic 4+

We scored 69 last season, 30 behind City - which is where we should be aiming.

Perisic & Doherty available all season +8?
Kulusevski full season +5?
Kane at it from the off +7?
Richarlson +5?
Eriksen +5?

There you go, title challenge incoming...

We scored 69 last season, 30 behind City - which is where we should be aiming.

Perisic & Doherty available all season +8?
Kulusevski full season +5?
Kane at it from the off +7?
Richarlson +5?
Eriksen +5?

There you go, title challenge incoming...

if only it was that simple

I should imagine we will find out out this in the next couple of days, I can’t see him wanting to drag this out all summer

Especially as heavily linked with United in last day or two . I’d Hate to see him go there.

It would annoy me if he chose them over us.

Wonder how well he knows Ten Haag.

Where would he get more game time? Depends who United sign I suppose.

Wages - I assume they might trump us.

It would annoy me if he chose them over us.

Wonder how well he knows Ten Haag.

Where would he get more game time? Depends who United sign I suppose.

Wages - I assume they might trump us.

Hopefully the Champs league will give us the upper hand. United are a shambles think it will be a little while before they get their act together on the pitch.

If we are really after him, if Conte really wants him, and he chooses United over us at this point... I guess fair play to him, if it's money, not wanting to go back again, or he thinks he'll get more game time there or whatever it is.

Very little to indicate that going to United now would be a better decision than coming to us. Particularly for a player that probably won't be around longer term.

To win the prem you need more than 80 goals
The key if course with eriksen in the team in a 3 man midfield we would probably be playing 3-5-2. That would mean two actual forwards and eriksen in midfield where he thrives. That’s arguably 2 regular goal-scorers and occasional ones wide
It may work in some games and actually may well be beneficial
My comment though was aimed at a midfield of Bentacur, Bissouma and eriksen .. Nice on paper but unless the full backs or wing backs are getting double figures we’re better off IMO playing 3-4-3 with eriksen as an option against but Parker’s in the middle 4 in front of a Bissouma or skipp or PEH (options)
What we need despertale is an additional attacker conte trusts. Preferably one who can play wide as well as CF
It’s why the Richarlson link makes sense even for the silly fee

I think better attacking wing backs makes a midfield three a more viable option.

We've already signed Perisic, reportedly are going for Spence, will hopefully have Doherty fully fit and back to his best.

Having a real attacking midfielder in one of the box to box roles is obviously also very useful with a midfield three. Conte had options in Dele, GLC and Ndombele, but never options he trusted. Perhaps Kulusevski could have been used there, but no reason to change the system to play him there when he was excellent as a wide forward.

Eriksen would give us that option, with quality, someone Conte trusts.

Conte may still stick with the midfield two of course, but it would make a midfield three a much more attractive option than it was last season.

Eriksen can play in a wide forward role, give us the midfield three option and at least be an impact player in a midfield two. Options, cover, flexibility. Seems like something Conte can use effectively.

Back