• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Wow! I'm on holiday in Thailand and haven't really been on the Web at all, and when I finally did, it was Bissouma to Spurs everywhere! Incredible signing if true! He's been one of the stand out midfielders the last few seasons. Proper box to box player. See comparisons with Wanyama, but imo he has a lot more to offer, especially in the build up play. He's a far better technical player than Wanyama. Fantastic signing if it's going to happen! Gives us a lot of options and strength in depth!

All stats are taken from WhoScored, with only Premier League figures looked at.

Goals
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 2
Yves Bissouma – 1
Rodrigo Bentancur – 0
Harry Winks – 0
Oliver Skipp – 0

Assists
Rodrigo Bentancur – 4
Yves Bissouma – 2
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 2
Harry Winks – 1
Oliver Skipp – 0

Minutes per goal or assist
Rodrigo Bentancur – 341.75
Yves Bissouma – 705.67
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 799.75
Harry Winks – 908
Oliver Skipp – N/A

Chances created per 90
Harry Winks – 1.1
Rodrigo Bentancur – 1
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 0.7
Oliver Skipp – 0.5
Yves Bissouma – 0.3

Successful dribbles per 90 (success rate)
Yves Bissouma – 1.4 (63%)
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 1.2 (70%)
Rodrigo Bentancur – 0.9 (69%)
Harry Winks – 0.8 (53%)
Oliver Skipp – 0.3 (75%)

Passes completed per 90 (success rate)
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 63.9 (89%)
Rodrigo Bentancur – 59.6 (89%)
Harry Winks – 57.1 (88%)
Oliver Skipp – 50.7 (89%)
Yves Bissouma – 45.1 (89%)

Successful tackles per 90 (success rate)
Yves Bissouma – 3.2 (82%)
Rodrigo Bentancur – 2.4 (70%)
Oliver Skipp – 2.2 (66%)
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 2.2 (62%)
Harry Winks – 1.5 (53%)

Interceptions per 90
Yves Bissouma – 2.1
Harry Winks – 1.6
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – 1.4
Rodrigo Bentancur – 1.3
Oliver Skipp – 0.8​

source: https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...am-stats-compared-midfielders-premier-league/

Bissouma is a Wanyama mark II.
Interesting that the stats show Winks ahead of Skipp across all metrics!

I think those stats do not paint a complete picture.

His biggest strength probably is his defensive work, and he's really good at it. A very good thing as this is what we very often need from our midfield duo.

Not sure about the Wanyama comparison. Some similarities sure, but he's not as big or physical, and I think he offers more on the ball.

His assist, xA numbers and xG chain numbers are not impressive. He doesn't really score goals. He's definitely not an end product kind of player, so far at least.

His passing numbers above are not very good, though both his medium and long range pass completion numbers are very good (fbref). It will be interesting to see how his passing fits into a Conte system, I think he's good enough at passing to be rather effective for us. More so than at Brighton.

He's also fairly comfortable under pressure, a good dribbler and capable of some good running with the ball through midfield. Again, how this will look in a Conte system will be interesting to see, I think he may push on and I'm rather optimistic.

Where I agree with the Wanyama comparison is that he's first and foremost a defensive midfielder. He has more strings to his bow though and while not a deep playmaker he has quite a few of those qualities in him and I think he could show even more of that with better players around him and in a Conte system.

That will be interesting to see though, if we sign him, the jury is still out on that. But even if he ends up being mostly a defensive player for us he's a very good signing.

I think that it is pretty distasteful that people are even speculating about Bissouma when he has a sexual assault charge hanging over him.

Well, isn't this remark, however well intentioned, aging well. Even if he isn't eventually signed by Spurs, the club clearly doesn't share the same view.

That doesn’t make @milo wrong. It is rather distasteful that we’re capitalising on the fact that a good player who fits our system is cheap because of a significant cloud hanging over him.
We have no idea what’s going on, we don’t know anywhere near the amount of the story Levy and co does. There is no way Levy would be willing to spend this money on someone knowing there’s the potential of him going to jail. Aston Villa bid for him in January, I’m sure football clubs have much more of the story than what we pick up online…..

Back