• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Given our first friendly is on 13th July I assume we will probably begin training about 4th July, I would hope we had most of our business done by then as it would be great to have a fully trained unit ready for start of season for the first time in donkeys years.

I keep seeing people say Levy means business this window. Hasn’t even unlocked the warchest yet has he.
If you look at potential outgoings and compare with what could potentially come in we may not even spend the alleged £150m war chest we supposedly have.

Carter Vickers - £10m
Winks - £15m - £20m
Lo Celso - £25m
Ndombele - £25m?
Reguilon - £25m - £30m
Royale - £20m
Berjwin - £25m
Rodon - £10m - £15m

Then add who we have got in and who is likely to come in

Perisic - Free
Forster - Free
Spence - £20m
Bissouma - £25m
Richarlison - £55m

The outgoings alone cover what we could spend so far which means we could end up bringing in 2 maybe 3 big money players or 4 or 5 £30m players.

Could be a very busy and exciting summer.

Last edited:
Appreciate we need a squad but that would be a lot of money to essentially fight for one position with Kulu.
Him or Richarlison to be a more than adequate back-up to the current front three. To the point where we may not even be that concerned by rotation as we deal with Champions League and Premier League fixtures

Him or Richarlison to be a more than adequate back-up to the current front three. To the point where we may not even be that concerned by rotation as we deal with Champions League and Premier League fixtures

Whatever people think of Richarlson, Conte & Paratici will not be spending 50m+ on a player to be back up - whoever we buy in that ballpark will be expected by management to challenge and rotate heavily with the current attacking 3

I think people need to get past the point of questioning 'whose place does he take' 'we won't pay that for a back up' etc.

We need 17ish who are genuine starters. The shirt is there to be played for, and then theirs to lose if in possession. There is no 1-11.

We've always wanted depth for rotation, formation changes and tactics, difference makers....with minimal drop off. This is where we are heading.

The irony is we are adding quality and depth without even spending much. (If the rumored ones get done)

I think people need to get past the point of questioning 'whose place does he take' 'we won't pay that for a back up' etc.

We need 17ish who are genuine starters. The shirt is there to be played for, and then theirs to lose if in possession. There is no 1-11.

We've always wanted depth for rotation, formation changes and tactics, difference makers....with minimal drop off. This is where we are heading.

The irony is we are adding quality and depth without even spending much. (If the rumored ones get done)

Big time.

Sick of it, "we won't pay £50m for someone who will sit on the bench!" or "They won't come to be backup to Kane!" - balls to both of those statements now, if we want to compete then we need to compete with sides that already have multiple very expensive players sitting on their bench, we need depth in positions where 1 injury can derail our season, time to get serious.

this. and needed for any team genuinely trying to complete for silverware.

how many times I’ve looked at our bench over the years and thought who can genuinely step in to influence a game or change the game on its head. In addition to bricking myself and praying for a miracle when a key starter is injured or suspended.

loving the window so far and the current names linked

Back