• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Why would he come back? Had a brick song, Levi was playing hard ball with him, and the crowd always moaned with his set pieces. We need to move forward and find someone else, there is more than one way too skin a cat.

probably at the stage of his career where he wants to play every game, can’t see that happening here

Last edited:
Why would he come back? Had a brick song, Levi was playing hard ball with him, and the crowd always moaned with his set pieces. We need to move forward and find someone else, there is more than one way too skin a cat.

probably at the stage of his career where he wants to play every game, can’t see that happening here

I think he would want to come back if coming to us looked like the most attractive overall offer available to him.

If one of the biggest clubs around comes in for him that's probably where he'll end up going, if not we're a good place for him to come.

I think he's at a stage of his career where he'd want to play at the highest possible level rather than play every game. He's done a lot of that playing every game thing.

I think he would want to come back if coming to us looked like the most attractive overall offer available to him.

If one of the biggest clubs around comes in for him that's probably where he'll end up going, if not we're a good place for him to come.

I think he's at a stage of his career where he'd want to play at the highest possible level rather than play every game. He's done a lot of that playing every game thing.
But if he's coming here to essentially be kulusevskis cover, then he's primarily playing domestic cup games, which is arguably not the highest level

But if he's coming here to essentially be kulusevskis cover, then he's primarily playing domestic cup games, which is arguably not the highest level

With a packed fixture list of PL and CL games, two games a week most of the time, there will be a need for rotation, subs to make an impact, there will be injuries.

If Eriksen is still good enough he will get quite a lot of minutes.

With a packed fixture list of PL and CL games, two games a week most of the time, there will be a need for rotation, subs to make an impact, there will be injuries.

If Eriksen is still good enough he will get quite a lot of minutes.

he was not an automatic starter under conte but used off the bench quite frequently with a decent number of starts. Depends on his appetite, said something along the lines of a fresh challenge which would possibly count us out having played with us and under conte.

personally not bothered if he comes or not. that’s how far we have come

Am I right in saying Conte didn't play him at first at inter? If so why, and how did he (what it seemed like) make himself a starter at the end of their campaign?

People need to stop going on about signings only playing cup games etc because they don’t think they are good enough for the first team. No one Conte wants to sign is going to be a ‘squad filler’, do you really think Conte targets that standard? He only accepts high level recruitment who will be in and around the first team, he will not accept average. Also there are a hell of a lot of games to be played, and with the World Cup plenty of injuries will be happening so there is no point saying they will only get the odd game here and there…..

People need to stop going on about signings only playing cup games etc because they don’t think they are good enough for the first team. No one Conte wants to sign is going to be a ‘squad filler’, do you really think Conte targets that standard? He only accepts high level recruitment who will be in and around the first team, he will not accept average. Also there are a hell of a lot of games to be played, and with the World Cup plenty of injuries will be happening so there is no point saying they will only get the odd game here and there…..

Its staggering that seasoned posters still don't get this most basic point.

Fraser says hi!

It took Eriksen time to fit into Conte’s system, he was much more suited to a free, creative role which took time to get out of.

Mostly detailed in this interview from last year:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...en-truly-happy-Inter-Milan-Antonio-Conte.html
Reading that you'd think he feels like he's got unfinished business playing for Conte.
It did occur to me though, that a possible concern for Eriksen is whether it was Conte's punishing training regime that contributed to his heart attack?

He's 30 now, so if he wants to play in England and play in the CL, well... Don't see it happening to be honest, but I for one would be delighted as an in-form midfield facilitator is exactly what we need. I'd even take Modric for a year.

He's 30 now, so if he wants to play in England and play in the CL, well... Don't see it happening to be honest, but I for one would be delighted as an in-form midfield facilitator is exactly what we need. I'd even take Modric for a year.
Even at 36 Modric is still too good for us.

Back