• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Funny, it was one of the few seasons I was not 100% engaged due to life changes. 81/82 I went all over, up to that 86/87 season in fact, then life changes, then total re-engagement a season later!

Poor you; i mean for coming back into it the following season. That 87-87 season was grim!
Still, there have been grimmer since like 93-94 or 97-98..but still coming affer 86-87 i found it harder to take personally!

Are 'Pool at a transition point that they can be caught? The whole Mane and/or Salah leaving Saga might leave a bit of a scar (and we all know what can happen if more than one player drops just 2-3% below their usual how that can affect the whole team..) and some of their other key players - Thiago, Henderson, VVD - are all getting on now.
Last sesson imo, was a chance for them to all bow out with a bang...does anyone wonder if the Dirtmund season of 2014-15 is around the corner for them?

<<Ok wishful thinking a bit, but still..>>

Are 'Pool at a transition point that they can be caught? The whole Mane and/or Salah leaving Saga might leave a bit of a scar (and we all know what can happen if more than one player drops just 2-3% below their usual how that can affect the whole team..) and some of their other key players - Thiago, Henderson, VVD - are all getting on now.
Last sesson imo, was a chance for them to all bow out with a bang...does anyone wonder if the Dirtmund season of 2014-15 is around the corner for them?

Hard to say
I think they have to fix their midfield IMO as it’s got so few goals in it and in reality lacks creativity too despite adding Thiago (massively over hyped IMO, although he is a very good player)
Nunez is class but I can’t see how he fits in last seasons pool side. Who knows next seasons though

I said a few pages back that I think they are, players getting to an age that they will start to creek too. You can't expect them to carry on winning the volume of games they are, even towards the end of the season they started to show signs they were vulnerable, I honestly expect them to start to show more signs of weakness next year.

If they sell Mane the point will be highlighted more, he is huge for them and Diaz is nowhere near him currently, no one really knows how good Darwin is and if rumours are to be believed Salah is not happy with the intro of Diaz and exit of Mane so lets see.

I said a few pages back that I think they are, players getting to an age that they will start to creek too. You can't expect them to carry on winning the volume of games they are, even towards the end of the season they started to show signs they were vulnerable, I honestly expect them to start to show more signs of weakness next year.

If they sell Mane the point will be highlighted more, he is huge for them and Diaz is nowhere near him currently, no one really knows how good Darwin is and if rumours are to be believed Salah is not happy with the intro of Diaz and exit of Mane so lets see.
Darwin will evolve into a great player...if he stays fit he's a natural selection.

Hard to say
I think they have to fix their midfield IMO as it’s got so few goals in it and in reality lacks creativity too despite adding Thiago (massively over hyped IMO, although he is a very good player)
Nunez is class but I can’t see how he fits in last seasons pool side. Who knows next seasons though

I think what they've been really smart about is replacing players early - ironically they probably only got Diaz in January because of our interest but by doing so they're ahead of the game now for a Salah replacement; likewise Jota has already been in place helping the transition from Firmino who is now a lot more peripheral. It creates a seamless process so they wont be as badly impacted when Salah/Mane move on.

It's an ideal way to create your succession plan over a medium to long term and Klopp has created a really positive environment where there is healthy competition for places.

I think what they've been really smart about is replacing players early - ironically they probably only got Diaz in January because of our interest but by doing so they're ahead of the game now for a Salah replacement; likewise Jota has already been in place helping the transition from Firmino who is now a lot more peripheral. It creates a seamless process so they wont be as badly impacted when Salah/Mane move on.

It's an ideal way to create your succession plan over a medium to long term and Klopp has created a really positive environment where there is healthy competition for places.
100%
But they don’t seem to address midfield

100%
But they don’t seem to address midfield

They dont need a midfield. Their defensive midfielders (all 3 of them which start) allow their full-backs to play as wing backs

Therefore they have a base of 5 (2CBs and 3 CMs) similar to we have a base of 5, albeit ours are 3CBs and 2 CMs. We then both play with wing backs and with 3 forwards

On the Nunez signing, they're being smart - sign a couple players each year and keep things fresh

They dont need a midfield. Their defensive midfielders (all 3 of them which start) allow their full-backs to play as wing backs

Therefore they have a base of 5 (2CBs and 3 CMs) similar to we have a base of 5, albeit ours are 3CBs and 2 CMs. We then both play with wing backs and with 3 forwards

On the Nunez signing, they're being smart - sign a couple players each year and keep things fresh
The reason (imo) they lost the CL was their midfield is exactly as you describe… it’s a defensive group of players and they really need more creativity in there
We showed how easy it can be to speak with pools crosses, although Nunez will help them as he is good in the air

I think you raise a good point but they will have a front 3 or Diaz, Nunez and Jota over Salah, Mane and Firmino who were integral to their success. I'm not saying those 3 won't go on to be very effective but there are a lot of question marks over them in comparison to their predecessors.

If they lose Salah they lose 10 - 15 points imo, that guy literally won them games on his own at times.

Hard to say

Why do you say you can't see how Nunez fits into Liverpool's team, when you've said he would get to play plenty of games for them and for us?

Back