• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

One alternative would be Dybala as he can play as a striker and wide.

Dybala is a free but would need wages of probably around £250k pw, is 29 in November so unlikely to get any better and some doubt whether the prem would be for him so could regress and no guarantee he would choose us over Inter.

Richarlison likely £50m with wages of around £130k pw, just turned 25 with potential to reach Son levels, fully adapted to prem and willing to join us.

Difficult choice and I would be happy with either.

Dybala is a free but would need wages of probably around £250k pw, is 29 in November so unlikely to get any better and some doubt whether the prem would be for him so could regress and no guarantee he would choose us over Inter.

Richarlison likely £50m with wages of around £130k pw, just turned 25 with potential to reach Son levels, fully adapted to prem and willing to join us.

Dybala is much higher risk IMO. Jesus is the most obvious alternative I believe

Problem with dybala is injuries. It's why juve withdrew their contract offer.

And there is Antony although looks like he will go to man utd.

Depay could be scarred by the prem and agree Dybala is high risk.

If it was a choice out of raphina, jesus, zaha and richarlison I would definitely take richarlison as he has the higher ceiling imo.

Terrier is 25, if he was doing what he’d just done at 21 I think it could be more appealing.

And there is Antony although looks like he will go to man utd.

Depay could be scarred by the prem and agree Dybala is high risk.

If it was a choice out of raphina, jesus, zaha and richarlison I would definitely take richarlison as he has the higher ceiling imo.

Terrier is 25, if he was doing what he’d just done at 21 I think it could be more appealing.

Out of those 4 richarlison would probably be cheapest wage wise too.

I would take raphinia over richarleson, but the sensible money is the latter. Not much between the two ability wise, and I’d love to see his hard work under conte. As previously stated Ancelotti wanted to get him to Madrid, that is an accolade in itself, yet we have arm chair pundits turning their nose up at him. We are dammed if we don’t splash the cash and dammed if we do, as dare I say arm chair accountants. If he is wanted, I have seen enough of Paraticis deals to suggest that we are more likely to benefit than to lose. All in all if this is what conte wants to help the team then so be it. Can’t argue the fact that the squad is stronger with him in it than without. Proven Premiership player who deserves a little more respect for his footballing ability rather than his cynical antics.

I would take raphinia over richarleson, but the sensible money is the latter. Not much between the two ability wise, and I’d love to see his hard work under conte. As previously stated Ancelotti wanted to get him to Madrid, that is an accolade in itself, yet we have arm chair pundits turning their nose up at him. We are dammed if we don’t splash the cash and dammed if we do, as dare I say arm chair accountants. If he is wanted, I have seen enough of Paraticis deals to suggest that we are more likely to benefit than to lose. All in all if this is what conte wants to help the team then so be it. Can’t argue the fact that the squad is stronger with him in it than without. Proven Premiership player who deserves a little more respect for his footballing ability rather than his cynical antics.

From what I saw when Everton and Leeds needed the main men to step up the pigeon did and Raphinia hid, I don’t get the questions of his work rate elsewhere.

Richarlison is a more natural striker than Raphinia imo.

Transfermarkt has him as playing 33 times on the rw getting 7 goals and 2 assists.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/richarlison/leistungsdaten/spieler/378710/plus/0?saison=ges

Cheers. Had a quick peak at the goal contributions (goals and assists) per position.

Striker or SS 107/39 = 1 in 2.74
LW 96/54 = 1 in 1.77
RW 33/9 = 1 in 3.67

No surprise that numbers drop off when playing on the side of his preferred foot. As we’ve seen in the modern game most forwards numbers are much better playing the inverted wide role.

I would not expect him to get anywhere near Kulu’s numbers off the right but that’s not to say he couldn’t perform there in certain games when needed - or Son comes across for a bit as he is 2 footed, and Rich goes left.

If anyone is interested, most fans hate Son and Kane for their antics and rolling around. If that is the only reason you think Richarleson should be discounted then I’d say would you say the same if Kane and son played elsewhere and were available.

ability wise I think he plays anywhere across the front three, works hard. Read an article about him growing up in Brazil…outside of football you will admire him if you read up about him

That last bit reminds me of the Dele Phenoms film. People have no idea - imo.

Cheers. Had a quick peak at the goal contributions (goals and assists) per position.

Striker or SS 107/39 = 1 in 2.74
LW 96/54 = 1 in 1.77
RW 33/9 = 1 in 3.67

No surprise that numbers drop off when playing on the side of his preferred foot. As we’ve seen in the modern game most forwards numbers are much better playing the inverted wide role.

I would not expect him to get anywhere near Kulu’s numbers off the right but that’s not to say he couldn’t perform there in certain games when needed - or Son comes across for a bit as he is 2 footed, and Rich goes left.

Or even perisic. We would have options.

Brereton diaz is another option. Young homegrown but not tested in the prem.
Great player, but a bit different. He's very Kane like, but wouldn't really be an option for the wide roles. So if we want a CF to cover Kane, he's perfect. But if we want a flexible option to cover across the front line, richarlson etc are better bets

Can't believe people are turning their noses up at the possibility of Richarlison.

Knows the league
Young enough
Proven enough
In today's market cheaper enough
Can play across the front three
Can play as a #9 but without the stigma of being Kane's back up and only getting to play in the Carling Cup

Great player, but a bit different. He's very Kane like, but wouldn't really be an option for the wide roles. So if we want a CF to cover Kane, he's perfect. But if we want a flexible option to cover across the front line, richarlson etc are better bets

He's played cf 99 times
Lw 38
Rw 43

Richarlison is a more natural striker than Raphinia imo.

Exactly what I was going to post. Not really a like for like comparison. Out of the players which we've been linked with Raphinia would be a more natural alternative to Eriksen rather than Richarlison

If he is as you say a "brilliant" player why would he want to come to Spurs as just cover for Kane?

Back