• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

You're way off the mark with what they get off. They don't get weekends off and 1/4 or 1/2 days aren't days off. They normally play 2 games a week, next day will be a light training session, massages etc to reduce the chance of injury. There'll be at least 2 days full training on top of that (more on weeks with one match). Typically 1 day off a week if lucky.

We were talking about the right to statutory holiday time - bear in mind half days most certainly do apply to this.

Last edited:
It'll take more than that – Lewandowshi (75) and Neymar (74) will almost certainly breeze past Pelé first. Lukaku and Suarez (both on 68) are in the way too.

It's bonkers how far ahead CRonaldo is of the rest. The might Ali Daei aside, of course.
And yet Ronaldo gets classed as an International hero for the goals scored yet Kane is belittled because of the teams he has scored against. It makes my arse ache how fans can criticise for scoring goals, do they want these players to not turn up and score against them?

we will be getting the big sell talk on the media again and why does he stay at spurs..
He's probably our best known player ever..I think he must stay..and this season we will win something..
damn ..just jinxed it...

we will be getting the big sell talk on the media again and why does he stay at spurs..
He's probably our best known player ever..I think he must stay..and this season we will win something..
damn ..just jinxed it...

The talk seems to be he'll sign a new contract now. Haalands joined city. Liverpool getting nunez. Nowhere really for him to go.

Only 27 more International goals to go level with Pele and get into the top 10. :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_footballers_with_50_or_more_international_goals
What's maybe more impressive is that when you look at current players on that list, only one is ahead of Kane on goals-per-game. Okay so a fair percentage of Kane's goals will have been from the spot or against minnows, but the same will surely be true for most on this list, and probably even more so for some of the non-European strikers.

Goals per game

Current internationals with 50 or more goals for their country

0.75 - Mabkhout (UAE)
0.70 - Kane (England)
0.67 - Lukaku (Belgium)
0.64 - Ashfaq (Maldives)
0.63 - Chhetri (India)
0.62 - Neymar (Brazil)
0.62 - Ronaldo (Portugal)
0.58 - Lewandowski (Poland)
0.53 - Messi (Argentina)
0.52 - Suarez (Uruguay)
0.51 - Ibrahimovitz (Sweden)
0.50 - Dzeko (Sweden)
0.48 - Hernandez (Mexico)
0.47 - Gyan (Ghana)
0.46 - Dangda (Thailand)
0.42 - Cavani (Uruguay)
0.42 - Okazaki (Japan)
0.29 - Al-Mutawa (Kuwait)

Footnote: Salah (Egypt) is currently on 0.55 goals per game (47 goals from 85 appearances)

There is a whole new level above Shearer :D

View attachment 14177

It's criminal they are trying to white wash them out of the game. These are the giants whose shoulders the game was buit upon. Greaves most ever goals in the top flight, dixie dean 60 league goals in a season. Bloomer has a very interesting story winning a cup for tottenham in a german prisoner of war camp. They shouldn't be forgotten.

It's criminal they are trying to white wash them out of the game. These are the giants whose shoulders the game was buit upon. Greaves most ever goals in the top flight, dixie dean 60 league goals in a season. Bloomer has a very interesting story winning a cup for tottenham in a german prisoner of war camp. They shouldn't be forgotten.

I agree to an extent, though cross-era comparisons are tough. If you look back at results from decades ago, you would have many more high scoring games, so in theory you should adjust for that.

Then there's the obvious adjustment needed for the PL being smaller than the old division 1 - looking at goals per game partly adjusts for that, but clearly not when simply looking at total goals scored

I dont think black and white comparisons are easy

I doubt people in the1960s were comparing the players of the time to those that played 50+ years ago and i doubt people in the 2060s will be talking much about Kane & Shearer

I agree to an extent, though cross-era comparisons are tough. If you look back at results from decades ago, you would have many more high scoring games, so in theory you should adjust for that.

Then there's the obvious adjustment needed for the PL being smaller than the old division 1 - looking at goals per game partly adjusts for that, but clearly not when simply looking at total goals scored

I dont think black and white comparisons are easy

The players didn't play more games though. Shearer played 559 league games, greaves played 516 league games in the english top flight.

As for scoring more goals back in the day, doesn't seem to matter in any other league or competition in europe. Only the premier league.

Back