• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

As someone who currently works in national account sales supplier side - but desperately wanting to get out! - my perspective is that I assume the retailers we (Spurs) sell the kit to to sell on to us ‘customers’ will have historical margin expectations - pricing is at their discretion - to meet that will dictate the retail price. Plus with rampant inflation, as everyone knows, this will likely have driven our cost to retailers up too and therefore the retail price.

But as above, it’s a pretty rubbish design effort, for my money…

Very similar to last season’s home kit. Bought all of them last season but judging by the pics of next seasons kits I’ll give all of them a miss.

Indeed, parky.

We did rather well wearing them back in the '09-10 season, qualifying for our first ever go at Champions League.

dF7ERCEAIC6liDM.jpg

Frite quankly, I hated the shirt when I first saw it. But now associate it with good times and THAT goal by Peter Crouch at Manc City.

I dont mind the neon Lines. Just cant get my head around the weird stitching line that curves over the badges. Just why?

ok scrap that. I can see the white socks in the website.

I dont mind the neon Lines. Just cant get my head around the weird stitching line that curves over the badges. Just why?

ok scrap that. I can see the white socks in the website.
I can almost feel that stitching line just looking at the picture.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Cost of a shirt now is outrageous, not bought one in a few years but used to be £40-45 and I'd usually get the PL badges on the arms for another £10. I prefer buying the training gear or walk out jackets now, get more use out of them.

I remember the old Donnay stores (which i assume turned into Sports direct) they used to have current tops for £25 - £30 and England tops during the world cup were £10 - £15 with a name and number on the back.

Not buying another shirt until we've won something. My last one was bought the day after we last won the league cup. Do buy a lot of other clothes from the store though as they're more reasonably priced.

Cost of a shirt now is outrageous, not bought one in a few years but used to be £40-45 and I'd usually get the PL badges on the arms for another £10. I prefer buying the training gear or walk out jackets now, get more use out of them.

Its not just the kits, even some of the training kit is outrageously priced. Last time I went to the club shop at the stadium, jogging bottoms were £85. How anyone can justify that I don’t know.

The badges were always a little superfluous I thought.

Its not just the kits, even some of the training kit is outrageously priced. Last time I went to the club shop at the stadium, jogging bottoms were £85. How anyone can justify that I don’t know.

The badges were always a little superfluous I thought.
To be fair all jogging bottoms are that price when it comes to Nike, Adidas etc it has got absolutely ridiculous. A tracksuit that cost you £40 a few years back are now over £100.

I got this past season's Big Bang/Birth of the Universe (BBBU) away shirt on ebay for about US$40. Looks good, feels quality, represents a season we'll look back on and smile about. Joins a modest collection of other shirts from seasons where Spurs accomplished summink. Well, except for the Holsten-sponsored one from the late '90s. But that one looked great on me and I couldn't say no.

So that's me done with Spurs shirts until a Hummel/Holsten '86 shirt becomes available at less-than-extortionate pricing or we win a fcukin' trophy.

But I have to say that Spurs shirt above with the navy AIA on the front is seriously good looking. Quite like the textured patterns.

Back