• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pet peeves

Daisuk

Les Medley
I'm a reasonably calm dude. I don't get upset easily. But there's one thing that just fudging gets me in fudging rage mode from a split second to the next: appliances that nag me for their attention. fudge OFF! If I leave the fridge open for a few seconds, the fudging washing machine, the bloody microwave - just shut the fudge up. I reckon someone would make a fortune with a brand of appliances that just don't nag you and beep you all the fudging time.

If I put a washing machine on, I'll see it at some point and get the washing out of it, and if I forget - so fudging what - just don't fudging nag me with those annoying beeping sounds, you electrical piece of brick. Our microwave, it beeps when it's done, and then ... if you don't open the door in like a minute or so, it double beeps, like a little kid waiting to get picked up! I DON'T NEED APPLIANCES TO REMIND ME OF brick! Just fudge off already. I'll get it when I can. And I do have eyes - if I've left the fudging fridge door open, I can see it with my fudging eyes, and I just close it. fudge off.

So, with that off my chest - what are some of your pet peeves in life? :p

The washing machine beeps when it's finished and gets worse the longer you leave it, annoying when you are pottering about and ontop of things but not to the minute second.

I get frustrated when your with friends and ordering takeaway and they order the English of say the Chinese menu....

I'm a reasonably calm dude. I don't get upset easily. But there's one thing that just fudging gets me in fudging rage mode from a split second to the next: appliances that nag me for their attention. fudge OFF! If I leave the fridge open for a few seconds, the fudging washing machine, the bloody microwave - just shut the fudge up. I reckon someone would make a fortune with a brand of appliances that just don't nag you and beep you all the fudging time.

If I put a washing machine on, I'll see it at some point and get the washing out of it, and if I forget - so fudging what - just don't fudging nag me with those annoying beeping sounds, you electrical piece of brick. Our microwave, it beeps when it's done, and then ... if you don't open the door in like a minute or so, it double beeps, like a little kid waiting to get picked up! I DON'T NEED APPLIANCES TO REMIND ME OF brick! Just fudge off already. I'll get it when I can. And I do have eyes - if I've left the fudging fridge door open, I can see it with my fudging eyes, and I just close it. fudge off.

I hear you bro! I'm just the same. I have therefore thoroughly research such appliances to find the ones that either don't beep at all, or have a way of shutting it off. Bosch seems to be the way to go. My Microwave, washing machine and dryer all have options to turn off the sound. Not so on the dishwasher, but that one only makes a very discreet little beep when it's finished. Barely noticeable unless you are right next to it.

I hear you bro! I'm just the same. I have therefore thoroughly research such appliances to find the ones that either don't beep at all, or have a way of shutting it off. Bosch seems to be the way to go. My Microwave, washing machine and dryer all have options to turn off the sound. Not so on the dishwasher, but that one only makes a very discreet little beep when it's finished. Barely noticeable unless you are right next to it.

Damn! Really? I need to write that in the back of my head for when we need a new washing machine! Thanks. :D

Never buy a Samsung appliance, they play bloody tunes at you

I know! We used to have a Samsung washing machine - and it played this bloody nursery rhyme chiptune tune every time it finished. fudging hated the thing. It started burning at one point so we got rid of it, thankfully. :p

I’m totally with you on that one. It’s the same with cars that beep when you don’t have your seatbelt on. I get it that it’s a safety feature but sometimes I can have a moment without seatbelt on like if I’m just starting my journey and about to drive away and so go to do it, or if I have a bag of shopping on the passenger seat, and then it beeps at me to put my seatbelt on… I know… it doesn’t need to tell me.

Additionally surely it’s the responsibility and the choice of the driver as to whether to wear a seat belt. I know that it’s a legal requirement but if I choose to not wear a seatbelt and I get a fine then that’s on me. I always wear seatbelt so that wouldn’t happen, and I’m not advocating non use of seatbelts as they are so useful in reducing injuries in the event of an accident, but you get what I mean. It’s annoying to be told what to do but electronics or cars. There’s no need for it.

Another thing recently my car has decided to randomly shout local traffic information at me. I don’t really care. Most of the time I’m going on a short journey and the traffic is of no significance to me and yet it barks it out. Annoying.

I’m totally with you on that one. It’s the same with cars that beep when you don’t have your seatbelt on. I get it that it’s a safety feature but sometimes I can have a moment without seatbelt on like if I’m just starting my journey and about to drive away and so go to do it, or if I have a bag of shopping on the passenger seat, and then it beeps at me to put my seatbelt on… I know… it doesn’t need to tell me.

Additionally surely it’s the responsibility and the choice of the driver as to whether to wear a seat belt. I know that it’s a legal requirement but if I choose to not wear a seatbelt and I get a fine then that’s on me. I always wear seatbelt so that wouldn’t happen, and I’m not advocating non use of seatbelts as they are so useful in reducing injuries in the event of an accident, but you get what I mean. It’s annoying to be told what to do but electronics or cars. There’s no need for it.

Another thing recently my car has decided to randomly shout local traffic information at me. I don’t really care. Most of the time I’m going on a short journey and the traffic is of no significance to me and yet it barks it out. Annoying.
You can buy a seatbelt insert that plugs into your seatbelt sockets. Then your belt plugs into that.

It makes the car think there's always a belt plugged in, so no pointless nagging.

Also - i love my son, obviously, and he's only 7, but most of his friends - Jesus Christ, absolute idiots, the lot of them. Cheeky little bastards. This one kid just now refused to leave because he had brought his loafers from school instead of his sneakers, and was angry at me for pointing this obvious fact out and telling him he had no other choice than take his loafers on him and go home. First he flat out refused that the shoes were his (even though they had his name in them). Then he wanted me to drive him home and got upset I said I had no intention of doing that. :p

So yeah, love my own kid, but kids in general - fudging idiots. :p

The Mrs bought both a Samsung washing machine and dryer when we moved house. I managed to find in the manual that you can turn off the stupid ringtones. If there was no option I probably would have made her return them lol

The Mrs bought both a Samsung washing machine and dryer when we moved house. I managed to find in the manual that you can turn off the stupid ringtones. If there was no option I probably would have made her return them lol

[emoji2357] for fudges sake. When we sold the house we included it in the sale just so we had an excuse to buy a new one.

I was in a supermarket once and found myself whistling it, and then I heard someone from another isle whistled it back[emoji1787]

Back