• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

If I was the owner of Everton I would get rid of Fat Frank immediately and bring in Dyche.

Would be a good move. But they have delusions of grandeur. Going for style over substance.

With usmanov sanctioned they might need to rethink that. Especially as tenenbaum at chelsea has been sanctioned. Moshiri runs a lot of usmanovs companies at least on paper. He (and everton) could be sanctioned.

Its looks like i am in the minority with this but i dislike Burnley ( and the way they play) and that is down to him. Will not miss either him or the club.
I don't think anyone is going on about his style of football. He had them punching well above their weight for most of the 10 years he was there.
It's similar to Stoke with Pulis, football was horrible but it kept them in the league. Once he was gone they sank back down the leagues.
Think it'll be the same here. Poor way to treat the manager that kept them in the Premier league for so long.

I don't think anyone is going on about his style of football. He had them punching well above their weight for most of the 10 years he was there.
It's similar to Stoke with Pulis, football was horrible but it kept them in the league. Once he was gone they sank back down the leagues.
Think it'll be the same here. Poor way to treat the manager that kept them in the Premier league for so long.
Agreed
He worked miracles there to compete

Crazy, crazy decision. Agree with others about chances of them falling through the leagues.

Will be interesting to see which players ask to leave. Tarkowski is on a free and wonder whether Mee, Pope etc might ask to leave too

They used their cash reserves to part pay for the club. £40m. The interest on their debt is believed to be 9%. Yes they can sell players but that makes it harder to come back up.

You might be right and they'll be fine. But i think they are in trouble.

I wasn't building coming back up into the equation. That's why I said League 1 (England obviously - although a relocation to France might work!) in four years.
If they sell Pope, Tarkowski, McNeill, Cornet in the summer. Three of those will be all profit (or close enough) and cornet will go for lots more that brought for.
Edit - apparently Tarkowski is free in summer. That changes the game, that £25m right there

That's leaves them with a squad good enough to compete for the Championship play offs.
But that's squad is also all over 30s pretty much.
Miss out on promotion and suddenly they have an aging teams and looking to break even.

So they should be ok for two years.
Year 3 becomes a huge struggle.
Year 3 or 4 is probably relegation.
And with the buy out situation, they are fudged.

Everton still have the harder run in by far. So they might get away with it.

The clubs been a mess for over a year.
Yes, and Rooney stayed, he was more loyal than most managers would be in that situation.
It was obvious for a long time they would be relegated due to the points deduction but he stayed.
I'm not a fan of Rooney but it's not about not wanting to manage in league one, it's the state of the club.

Back