• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Ah okay. If true, I guess we just want to move on and realise the cash to use elsewhere. Cut our losses and reinvest. He's a decent player but doesn't score or assist as much as he should.

In my eyes at least he's an odd blend of characteristics, not prolific or productive enough to be a forward and not enough of a presence to be considered viable as one of a midfield two.

As such there is absolutely no room for him in our system so it's getting the most for him that we can, great if it's to Villarreal as personally I like the club and there's no doubt he fits in there.

In my eyes at least he's an odd blend of characteristics, not prolific or productive enough to be a forward and not enough of a presence to be considered viable as one of a midfield two.

As such there is absolutely no room for him in our system so it's getting the most for him that we can, great if it's to Villarreal as personally I like the club and there's no doubt he fits in there.

He's a good player, he's immediately fit in at Villareal, he plays well for Argentina (he's one of the few midfielders for them that seems to link well with Messi), just never really seemed to fit us and/or the PL style. Hangover of a transfer policy of buying good players because they were good not necessarily because we understood where they would fit in system.

Why?

wont play, not suited, there was reports he’s a
Whinge bag, 60-100k a week saved on wages , injury prone.

Take it and move.

Because he’s worth more than £12m to villreal. We’re reportedly selling for around 20m euros with potential multimillion bonuses. But you’d sell for £12m?

We're not getting anything from ndombele are we? Is he insured? Maybe a rabid seagull will tear his throat out or something?

Joke, wouldn't wish death on anyone. Does insurance pay out if he's maimed?

Take what we can get, move on, reinvest.

I think he's a very good player in the right system. Ours is not that system.

Need to get outgoing business done to keep pushing forward with incomings or we may be left with a bloated squad and unable to register all players at the end of the window. Could be forced to accept an even worse deal or a loan.

Keep things ticking.

We're not getting anything from ndombele are we? Is he insured? Maybe a rabid seagull will tear his throat out or something?

Joke, wouldn't wish death on anyone. Does insurance pay out if he's maimed?

I'm sure there are a few thousand who would do the job for a free season ticket

Because he’s worth more than £12m to villreal. We’re reportedly selling for around 20m euros with potential multimillion bonuses. But you’d sell for £12m?

Yep, there’s a buyer

How much money did we waste on players that we didn’t accept lower bids for.

He’s been poor for three years minus a short set of games in Spain

not like many other clubs are knocking down the door for him and that’s assuming he would go anywhere else.

Yep, there’s a buyer

How much money did we waste on players that we didn’t accept lower bids for.

He’s been poor for three years minus a short set of games in Spain

not like many other clubs are knocking down the door for him and that’s assuming he would go anywhere else.
If reports are to be believed it looks like we’re getting a bit more for him, around £20m maybe a little more if allclauses are met. Seems a fair deal. £12m seems cheap for an international with some guile and craft.

This may be more evidence of a big transfer culture change from Levy - If we want to buy players early in the window we also need to clear out ones we don't need. If he'd tried to drag this out to squeeze another couple of mill we'd risk getting stuck with him completely and either missing out on signing or delaying the signing of a player the manager wants.

#pennydropped

This may be more evidence of a big transfer culture change from Levy - If we want to buy players early in the window we also need to clear out ones we don't need. If he'd tried to drag this out to squeeze another couple of mill we'd risk getting stuck with him completely and either missing out on signing or delaying the signing of a player the manager wants.

#pennydropped

Or #stadiumfinishedbackinchampionsleagueandcovidoversowehavemorefinancialwiggleroom

GLC was a Poch buy; certainly a time when Levy backed his manager so when looking back we need to bear in mind that Poch wasn't blameless for our downturn (in case any of you still think that). Ndombele was another example of Poch being packed and it not turning out well...

Shame, as i thought these two signings would allow us to evolve and elevate so i could see the thinking. But we move on..

Back