• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

He is 33! And the financial terms I am reading makes no sense. 180k a week at Spurs?

Irrespective of his age and his wages, assuming he is on £180K a week, if Conte wants him and Levy is happy to pay the money I do not see what the problem is here. Sure he is 33, Modric is 36 and is playing as well as any midfielder in the world. There are lots of top players excelling in their 30s. Only last season he was both player of the year for his club and also in the team of the year in Italy. We signed him for 2 years not 6

Last edited:
Paratici has some options now. It’s a nice signing as it give some flexibility.

I was super critical of Reggie previously, but let’s not forgot he hasn’t had a preseason with Conte and been able to ease into a more attacking role. He’ll never be amazing in attack, but he can deliver more. If we started the season with Sess as LWB and Perisic RWB we’d be a better aide already.

If we signed a Diaz type forward could even make a case for Kulu starting at RWB and Perisic at LWB.

£15m for kostic though. He's better for what we need than reguillon.

Because of the world cup we have 23 games in the first 14 weeks of the season. Kane son and kulu can't play them all. Also 5 subs.

He's a fudging brilliant player, and will probably shame the rest of the squad with his fitness on day one.

He's won league titles, the CL, played in a WC final, he's a hard bastard too, I really hope we get it done. He'll have the same impact that Davids did.

I haven't been this excited about a signing since Bale came back.

He's a fudging brilliant player, and will probably shame the rest of the squad with his fitness on day one.

He's won league titles, the CL, played in a WC final, he's a hard bastard too, I really hope we get it done. He'll have the same impact that Davids did.

It's done. Inters ceo announced it. Spurs taking their time to edit a really bad intro vid and interview.

It's done. Inters ceo announced it. Spurs taking their time to edit a really bad intro vid and interview.

Yeah yeah yeah, so was Petit, so was Hazard, so was Ronaldinho.

I’ll believe it when he knocks the first 30 yarder in.

Also, we’ll finally have someone who can take a free kick or a corner*.

*In addition to Dier.

The only worries imo is him adjusting to a new league at this age and/or his age catching up to him physically.

Both of those are mitigated by him being a known quantity for Conte, him coming into a system he knows as well as him seemingly being a top pro and a tough bastard.

Conte wants him. Get it done if we can.

Time will tell. I pray it goes well. The age, wage, new league factors mean that this is a high risk for me.

I fully back this transfer. It is free, Perisic has huge match experience of highest level, can help Sess to improve as lateral, can be an option to sub Son, solid with set-pieces, Conte definitely wants him.

I fully back this transfer. It is free, Perisic has huge match experience of highest level, can help Sess to improve as lateral, can be an option to sub Son, solid with set-pieces, Conte definitely wants him.
Ah does he take set pieces? I hadn’t realised that, would be a massive bonus.

The two best things about this transfer is he covers so many areas and to a very high standard. LWB, RWB, LWF and RWF. He can play them all. Always been a fan but never expected we could get him. He's now a little older and slower, but at the same time wiser. I expect really good things from him. He has something over all our other current WB options. Stone cold delivery. With either foot.

An excellent signing on paper. Hopefully he matches my expectations.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I think peoples expectations of him are sky high, he is going to be used mostly as a later sub imo, someone off of the bench to slow it down and use his experience when winning and someone who can come on and make something happen if losing. I don’t see him as a regular starter at all.

I think peoples expectations of him are sky high, he is going to be used mostly as a later sub imo, someone off of the bench to slow it down and use his experience when winning and someone who can come on and make something happen if losing. I don’t see him as a regular starter at all.

But he's free, and we'll likely get something like £15m for Bergwijn.

So there's nothing to lose, and an awful lot of quality and versatility (which Bergwijn doesn't really have) to gain

Time will tell. I pray it goes well. The age, wage, new league factors mean that this is a high risk for me.

Its already been established on here that he is getting a 2 year deal with an option for 1 more year with wages of £142k a week. Its also been shown his fitness defies any concerns regarding his age. His ability too as best performing player with the Serie A runners up. There is no risk quite the opposite in fact.

Assuming we get kostic and spence in who do you think will be our 4 wing backs next season and do you think most of the time Conte will pick the same 2 from that 4?

The wage makes it a high risk???
A two (possibly three) year deal?

And he's not 39. He's 33. And physically his performances in recent seasons have not exactly been sluggish.

It’s just a no brainer signing
Inter wanted to keep him
Chelsea wanted to sign him
Proven winner and knows the system

We sign him….
He is too old for some
Not as quick as he used to be
Can play too many positions (I’ve read that too)
Will stunt the growth of sessegnon (wow)

our fans can sometimes be very odd

Some people actually take care of their bodies, which is why Modric at 36 is staying at Madrid for another year. I tguess the folks in Madrid are of the opinon that if you are good enough you are young enough.

But then maybe people are right, maybe Persic is too old, so old that last season he could only manage 35 league matches, 5 Italian Cup matches, 8 Champions League matches and the Supercoppa, yep just a measley 49 games last season
In Serie A team of the season, sounds like he has still got it to me:

Left Wing: Ivan Perisic (Inter)

Rafael Leao undoubtedly deserves this spot, but the one player per team rule sees it go to Ivan Perisic instead, who was arguably the star man this term for Inter. Tirelessly manning the left flank, the Croatian had eight goals and seven assists despite primarily operating as a wing-back, and it is unthinkable that he might leave the Nerazzurri this summer.

A league title and an Italian Cup in the last 2 seasons, nice to see Conte is bringing in more players who have delivered when the pressure is on, in particular scoring (2 goals) in a cup final

I think it is going to be spence and doherty at rwb and perisic and sessegnon at lwb.

People worried about ages dont worry in a few years we can spend some money on the wing backs if need be. For now paratici and conte seem content spending £15m on spence and £0 on perisic.

Back