• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

Im not saying hes the best player we have signed, but Im shoure this is the best deal in a long long time! This is crazy! This will change us..

I have a feeling it will be like the Ziege, Naybet and VDV signings where you just instantly see the technical ability of the players. He’s 33 at the end of the day so it’s a stop gap, but I’m really excited about it.

I just get the feeling he could be a real General for Conte and embody him on the field.

Nice to have a Croatian back in the team as well!

I have a feeling it will be like the Ziege, Naybet and VDV signings where you just instantly see the technical ability of the players. He’s 33 at the end of the day so it’s a stop gap, but I’m really excited about it.

Maybe he is inspired by Modric?

Seems like a good deal to me, do you disagree?

Last season he scored 10 goals and made 7 assist from left wingback and was voted Inter Milan player of the season, what is there not to like?

He is 33! And the financial terms I am reading makes no sense. 180k a week at Spurs?

Modric is has just won the CL at 36 as a key first team player - if Perisic is on top of his fitness then ar 33 years old he still has something to offer, considering he was voted Inters best player last season then that suggests he's at a high level still.

He is 33! And the financial terms I am reading makes no sense. 180k a week at Spurs?

What’s the problem with his age? In his case we’re buying him (if true) for what he can bring to the team immediately. How far into the future do you think Conte is planning for?

He reminds me alot of Kulu in all honesty.

Was thinking the same. Which is no bad thing. Perisic maybe a little quicker than Kulu but they seem similar in style - deft touch, able to cut in and shoot or setup goals with crosses. Perisic maybe more two-footed - can play on either wing (as Kulu has pre-spurs). But the crucial difference is Perisic will presumably play at left or right WB and have to defend in a back 5 at times.

Initially I thought Conte and Paratici were thinking of him for LWB. But he may well play RWB. If we don’t sell Regulion it would make sense.

Last edited:
Was thinking the same. Which no bad thing. Perisic maybe a little quicker than Kulu but they seem similar in style - deft touch, able to cut in and shoot or setup goals with crosses. Perisic maybe more two-footed - can play on either wing (as Kulu has pre-spurs). But the crucial difference is Perisic will presumably play at left or right WB and have to defend in a back 5 at times.

Initially I thought Conte and Paratici were thinking of him for LWB. But it way we’ll be he plays RWB. If we don’t sell Regulion it would make sense.
We need a player who can play either side, especially with 5 subs as an option
It’s a huge bonus for us that it’s a super experienced player who knows the system

Its a signing that adds a winner and a head that Conte wants, have your chiefs in the playing side help as a manager, we have also for too long had a soft belly, these players will get that out of it...its about the winning with these lads and also the street smarts and game management to get there, thats key for us because its a historic weakness

We need a player who can play either side, especially with 5 subs as an option
It’s a huge bonus for us that it’s a super experienced player who knows the system

Agreed. But Conte will want him starting in a stable side. Was one of the most impressive things about Conte for me: how he stuck to his side. Our previous 3 managers all chopped and changed when we hit poor form. Conte understands the importance of stability. Davies is a prime example of why it’s important. He wasn’t playing all that well to begin with under Conte. Players build on performances.

So Conte will likely want Perisic starting either at RWB or LWB. We should know by the preseason games.

Was thinking the same. Which is no bad thing. Perisic maybe a little quicker than Kulu but they seem similar in style - deft touch, able to cut in and shoot or setup goals with crosses. Perisic maybe more two-footed - can play on either wing (as Kulu has pre-spurs). But the crucial difference is Perisic will presumably play at left or right WB and have to defend in a back 5 at times.

Initially I thought Conte and Paratici were thinking of him for LWB. But he may well play RWB. If we don’t sell Regulion it would make sense.

We could get kostic in and sell reguillon.

We could get kostic in and sell reguillon.

Paratici has some options now. It’s a nice signing as it give some flexibility.

I was super critical of Reggie previously, but let’s not forgot he hasn’t had a preseason with Conte and been able to ease into a more attacking role. He’ll never be amazing in attack, but he can deliver more. If we started the season with Sess as LWB and Perisic RWB we’d be a better aide already.

If we signed a Diaz type forward could even make a case for Kulu starting at RWB and Perisic at LWB.

Back