• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

All of this talk on his future is by design, his design. you get the feeling he needs to feel wanted constantly and that his imminent departure is always on the cards, to keep the owners on their toes so they keep him sweet, secure £150m of additional funds for the club, get in touch with the player representation on his list, etc etc.

I quite like some elements of it, he knows his worth and happy to walk if his working conditions aren't met, on the other hand it's rather infuriating as a fan...
He doesn't strike me as someone who needs to feel wanted. More as someone who has a very particular philosophy and expects everyone else pull in the same direction, because he knows his philosophy yields results and he has proven it over and over again. And also as someone who is not content to steal a living by getting paid a king's ransom, if he is not delivering results, which is very refreshing to see. If he is backed and his antics don't turn off the players (and I bet, if we're winning things, they won't), I can see him being around for another 3-4 years. And who knows, maybe he mellows down a bit as he gets older and the antics become a non-issue.

Long road ahead to see how things pan out, but definitely an exciting one. Who woulda thunk it 7 months ago!

In other news, water is wet. I mean, after the cash infusion we all knew he wasn't going anywhere. Rags just looking for something to make a story out of.

The only slight worry was if psg came in and offered him a stupid amount as they did with mbappe.

The only slight worry was if psg came in and offered him a stupid amount as they did with mbappe.
For some reason I don't think PSG are a team that Conte would entertain. The type of control he wants would probably not be afforded to him there.

He doesn't strike me as someone who needs to feel wanted. More as someone who has a very particular philosophy and expects everyone else pull in the same direction, because he knows his philosophy yields results and he has proven it over and over again. And also as someone who is not content to steal a living by getting paid a king's ransom, if he is not delivering results, which is very refreshing to see. If he is backed and his antics don't turn off the players (and I bet, if we're winning things, they won't), I can see him being around for another 3-4 years. And who knows, maybe he mellows down a bit as he gets older and the antics become a non-issue.

Long road ahead to see how things pan out, but definitely an exciting one. Who woulda thunk it 7 months ago!

Agree with that too.

Seems odd to fly all the way to Turin for a chat, when they've had offices next door to each other for the past 7 months

Conte took off after the last game. Levy paratici and lewis probably had a meeting deciding how we go forward now we're in the champions league. Probably decided the transfer budget and authorised the £150m cash injection.

Now paratici and conte can finalise what our next steps are. Make calls, talk to players, clubs, while catching a few rays and drink some wine.

Conte took off after the last game. Levy paratici and lewis probably had a meeting deciding how we go forward now we're in the champions league. Probably decided the transfer budget and authorised the £150m cash injection.

Now paratici and conte can finalise what our next steps are. Make calls, talk to players, clubs, while catching a few rays and drink some wine.

Agreed.

In addition to being Italian Conte's family still lives in Italy I believe. Life of a football manager at this level doesn't have much time for family or breaks. Only natural for him to want to go back to Italy for a bit when he has the chance.

Seems a decent gesture to have the meeting in Italy, make things easier on Conte. Probably not much of a hardship on Paratici either.

Agreed.

In addition to being Italian Conte's family still lives in Italy I believe. Life of a football manager at this level doesn't have much time for family or breaks. Only natural for him to want to go back to Italy for a bit when he has the chance.

Seems a decent gesture to have the meeting in Italy, make things easier on Conte. Probably not much of a hardship on Paratici either.
Flight on a private jet plus lovely food and drink isn't too onerous either.

This video i think was released just before our defeat vs Brighton at home. Apologies if alreday posted but very interesting to look at now the transfer window is open:

Back