• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alessandro Bastoni

Has anyone read anything about his weaknesses? Sounds like the perfect LCB from most posters. He must be rubbish at something!

I haven't seen very much of him but that I have seen reminds me a little of Baresi. Is that an anyway accurate comparison?

I haven't seen very much of him but that I have seen reminds me a little of Baresi. Is that an anyway accurate comparison?

Stats say more of a ball playing defender than defensive. But being in a team at the top of the league probably means less defensive work needed compared to say a defender at burnley.

Stats say more of a ball playing defender than defensive. But being in a team at the top of the league probably means less defensive work needed compared to say a defender at burnley.
Well Baresi was a baller from my fading recollection of him.

I’m not sure about the Baresi comparison other than they’re both Italian defenders. Baresi was from another era, the “spare man” in a back four, hence a sweeper or libero. If Baresi played in the 2022 version of Spurs he’d replace Dier.
I’d say the Maldini comparison might be more accurate. Having said that I’ve not seen enough of Bastoni to judge, I watched him v Liverpool in the champions league and Salah gave him a fairly torrid time but ultimately he prevailed.

We have Romero as the more aggressive defender.

Don't know anything about Bastoni but everyone talks highly about him, just hope we can get a few signings in earlier.

The little I've watched him he's great on the ball and gets forward a lot and effectively. I was also hoping to see Romero type defending, but I don't think he's at that level defensively. Better than Davies? Probably yes and definitely better going forward.

The little I've watched him he's great on the ball and gets forward a lot and effectively. I was also hoping to see Romero type defending, but I don't think he's at that level defensively. Better than Davies? Probably yes and definitely better going forward.

He seems amazing at pinging a ball. Switching defence to goalscoring opportunities. Think he's in the top 1% of creating chances among defenders in the top 5 leagues for that.

Back