• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

It’s mad, this was a solved problem in the 60’s.
It's easy to solve the porposing. Just raise the ride hight. But then you lose the downforce, so you're worse off. The solution last time they had ground effect cars, was small openings in the side skirts. Side skirts are not allowed now, so it's way trickier to solve without losing a ton of downforce. The Ferrari is bouncing like a kangaroo in high speeds, but despite this, they are able to go way faster in high speed corners than for example Mercedes.

The pit lane for Miami before the race was absolutely ridiculous
So many absolute no marks (social media who’s) filling it up
Brundle was funny though, he had no idea who he was talking to

The pit lane for Miami before the race was absolutely ridiculous
So many absolute no marks (social media who’s) filling it up
Brundle was funny though, he had no idea who he was talking to
Love the tall guy he was talking to and ended up saying "sorry I thought you were someone else. I don't know who you are" :D:D

Looks like red bull have played this perfectly.
Barring something fudging up, this should be Verstappen by a long way

Boring race in Miami. Expected more action from that race track. Perez should be sacked for not being able to pass Sainz, considering he had brand new tires for the last 10 laps! Could have been fun with some rain.

Boring race in Miami. Expected more action from that race track. Perez should be sacked for not being able to pass Sainz, considering he had brand new tires for the last 10 laps! Could have been fun with some rain.
Agree, it was boring but definitely got the feel that it would have been after watching the dross that was Qualifying. Street circuits are snorefests. The other annoyance was how much Camera time Christian and Geri got, just fudging wrong really.

Agree, it was boring but definitely got the feel that it would have been after watching the dross that was Qualifying. Street circuits are snorefests. The other annoyance was how much Camera time Christian and Geri got, just fudging wrong really.
Well, there's a snorefest coming up next, that isn't a street circuit. Barcelona is pretty much always one of the dullest races.

Far too many street races on the calendar now, with another coming next year.

Another one? I'm no hardcore fan but I seem to remember a few years back when countries wanted to enter F1 it was sort of impossible and felt like it was 'one in, one out' on the calendar. Now they just seem to be expanding like crazy. So many races now

Another one? I'm no hardcore fan but I seem to remember a few years back when countries wanted to enter F1 it was sort of impossible and felt like it was 'one in, one out' on the calendar. Now they just seem to be expanding like crazy. So many races now

That'll be the Bernie Ecclestone era vs the Liberty Media era.

It's not about staging actual races anymore on properly laid out race tracks. It's about hosting 'events' and creating 'fan experiences'. Miami was the classic example. Beautiful people in a beautiful setting - well, the beaufitul settings of the race weekend social events miles from the track in Miami Beach.

Platform for advertising and marketing.

Well, there's a snorefest coming up next, that isn't a street circuit. Barcelona is pretty much always one of the dullest races.

can you pinpoint a race which isnt dull, i can only watch this procession for about 5 mins, or should i be understanding how downforce is affecting the car's ability on chicanes but that sounds like a physics class? am i missing something ?

Another poor race with little overtaking. The new Regs were meant to bunch the field up more and allow for more racing, not sure it's happening

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Much more entertaining race today. Huge crash. No halo and the driver wouldn’t have lived let alone walked away? Who knows, but amazing to see a car flip, run along upside down, flip again and land in a fence, with no one injured.

Hamilton has his critics but it was great to see him in and amongst it. Possibly could have got second he didn’t get a good restart off the final safety car. Ferrari - what is up with their strategy? They consistently mess up and lose points.

Back