• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

If we have the extension option, as someone said earlier, that comes in to play at the end of next season then there's no uncertainty until 23/24

Please realise that Conte wants to keep this "threat" so he has some leverage over the players and Levy.
If he signs a comfy 5 year deal, the threat disappears and everyone gets comfy.
The players don't give that last 1% and Levy decides not to buy that top player.

So this is all good for Spurs, all in Conte's masterplan that nothing is comfy. He is plenty rich enough, so it is not a money nor security thing with Conte.

Please realise that Conte wants to keep this "threat" so he has some leverage over the players and Levy.
If he signs a comfy 5 year deal, the threat disappears and everyone gets comfy.
The players don't give that last 1% and Levy decides not to buy that top player.

So this is all good for Spurs, all in Conte's masterplan that nothing is comfy. He is plenty rich enough, so it is not a money nor security thing with Conte.
The thing with Conte is that, whether he signs a 5-year or 1-year deal, you never know when he will decide to walk away. So if at the end of next season, instead of us triggering the one-year extension, he signs a new 2-3 year contract, that probably tells me he will likely stay for another season and no guarantees beyond that. It's always going to be year-to-year with Conte no matter the length of his contract.

To be fair I am not a fan at all of ITK apart from a select couple of proven guys who barely post anything and are not attention seeking. But if I remember rightly @Grays_1890 broke the news we were in talks with Conte before the media was all over it (in the summer the first time we were in for him when he rejected) and evidently has some form of contacts....

TBF I never claim to be ITK I have shared probably 3 stories here, Redknapp sacking as his manager boasted to my mate in a Setanta Studio, Conte because I was working on a project at Spurs and this because someone I keep in touch with said it earlier, I didnt even fish. Oh and that the Palace game was always on hahaha

Apparently with Conte he is staying but prefers a fluid view on things as football changes, isnt hung up on contracts as he does not think they benefit him or the club, but I know from some experience with visits and working with the PL at Spurs on a few occasions, he loves it here

He stays and in control for a full season is good enough for me for now. Bringing in 3 to get this lot to top four is brilliant,, but is different to bringing in 6 or what 150 mil allows and potentially dissing the current lot..... could be a whole new challenge.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Apparently with Conte he is staying but prefers a fluid view on things as football changes, isnt hung up on contracts as he does not think they benefit him or the club, but I know from some experience with visits and working with the PL at Spurs on a few occasions, he loves it here
iirc isn't that the Martin O'Neill approach...just a constant 1 year rolling contract. ie 'if you're happy and I'm happy we keep on rolling'.

It's kind of fair on both sides. No large pay off for us (for failure) and flexible enough for the manager if he wants to move on.

FWIW ...the reality is Conte will fudge off whenever HE chooses.

Alternatively...There is a glimmer of hope that we hook him in long termish in a Simeone type of way. ie a club that was challenging but has the chance to conquer the big boys and gets the backing (and control) to do so. It's all about rewards and I'd think Conte would find that very rewarding.

Last edited:

Alternatively...There is a glimmer of hope that we hook him in long termish in a Simeone type of way. ie a club that was challenging but has the chance to conquer the big boys and gets the backing (and control) to do so. It's all about rewards and I'd think Conte would find that very rewarding.

I think there is two separate items with Conte

- He likes leverage/uncertainty, he sees it as the right kind of tension
- The man clearly wants to be tested (and here I rank him above Pep/Klopp), he sees the PL as the biggest test, he sees Spurs as a huge test. To him (and rightly so), achieving success with Spurs will count more than any of the ready-made clubs.

In the right scenario I could see us getting a few years out of Conte, don't think he'll ever be here for a decade but even 3-4 years of him will completely change the club culture.

iirc isn't that the Martin O'Neill approach...just a constant 1 year rolling contract. ie 'if you're happy and I'm happy we keep on rolling'.

It's kind of fair on both sides. No large pay off for us (for failure) and flexible enough for the manager if he wants to move on.

I think there is alot to be said for it TBH, football is so fluid these days contracts are not like they used to be and anything can happen and usually can. The guy likes his life too and this suits him, TBF this season its suited us.

I think that is a good point, IF Conte can get our underperforming club into winners over the next few years just think how his reputation will grow. He has taken big clubs to glory for sure but as much as i LOVE my team we/they have failed to really compete at the top table and win honours for a long time. IF and i say IF he can turn us to become one of the winning teams just think how BIG his reputation will grow.

I think there is two separate items with Conte
- He likes leverage/uncertainty, he sees it as the right kind of tension
Could this be why Conte never lasted long with other clubs and could Levy be the right Chairman for him?

- The man clearly wants to be tested (and here I rank him above Pep/Klopp), he sees the PL as the biggest test, he sees Spurs as a huge test. To him (and rightly so), achieving success with Spurs will count more than any of the ready-made clubs.
Levy often talked about a proper Dof leading the business - maybe after a string of heartbreaks starting with Arnesen - he is prepared to let Paratici and Conte manage all footballing matters ? There's tons more non-footballing matters that Levy could put his time to, starting with the Stadium sponsorships but also to other mega events and real estate stuff

In the right scenario I could see us getting a few years out of Conte, don't think he'll ever be here for a decade but even 3-4 years of him will completely change the club culture.
If Levy steps out of the way, it could be an even greater challenge for Conte to bring spurs to glory and keep us there. I am definitely hoping for this as I am sure Levy isn't a footballing man.

I think Conte will stay, and we'll see an extension. But the VFTL podcast put it quite well, think it was Charlie Eccleshare (paraphrasing), "Spurs have Top 4, CL, best stadium and training centre and now finally some money to spend with the £150m injection.

If Conte wants to leave that attractive proposition, well, that's on him really, no one else". because he has eveything he needs at his fingertips.

People saying that this is a great challenge for Conte and that, if he wins stuff with us, it will hugely enhance his reputation. No disagreement there. But what if everything is done right (players fully bought in and the club gives him its full backing), yet we win nothing for the next 2-3 years? We come close (a couple of 2nd spots, a couple of cup finals, maybe even a CL final), but no silverware. Does Conte stay and say "goddam it, I'm not leaving until I win something with this team," or does he leave for somewhere where he can win again?

People saying that this is a great challenge for Conte and that, if he wins stuff with us, it will hugely enhance his reputation. No disagreement there. But what if everything is done right (players fully bought in and the club gives him its full backing), yet we win nothing for the next 2-3 years? We come close (a couple of 2nd spots, a couple of cup finals, maybe even a CL final), but no silverware. Does Conte stay and say "goddam it, I'm not leaving until I win something with this team," or does he leave for somewhere where he can win again?

I would hope the former, but i suspect it will be the latter with a Levy-didn't-back-me-properly-get-out-of-jail-card

Let's hope we win soon eh:)

Last edited:
All of this talk on his future is by design, his design. you get the feeling he needs to feel wanted constantly and that his imminent departure is always on the cards, to keep the owners on their toes so they keep him sweet, secure £150m of additional funds for the club, get in touch with the player representation on his list, etc etc.

I quite like some elements of it, he knows his worth and happy to walk if his working conditions aren't met, on the other hand it's rather infuriating as a fan...

All of this talk on his future is by design, his design. you get the feeling he needs to feel wanted constantly and that his imminent departure is always on the cards, to keep the owners on their toes so they keep him sweet, secure £150m of additional funds for the club, get in touch with the player representation on his list, etc etc.

I quite like some elements of it, he knows his worth and happy to walk if his working conditions aren't met, on the other hand it's rather infuriating as a fan...

There is a logic to it, but you are right, infuriating as a fan, maddening as an owner

If ENIC manage to nurture/negotiate 3-4 years out of Conte, that in itself will be an achievement

Was there a chance he wouldn’t be? Thought he still had a year plus 1 ext on his ctr?

I suppose he could just decide to walk away and pay any penalty, if there is one, for breaking his contract early. Seems unlikely though.
The alternative of 'Tottenham DoF who has a home in Italy and is there on business/holiday meets up with Tottenham Head Coach who has a home in Italy and is there on holiday, to discuss transfer strategy' is not quite as interesting a story.

Back