• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I like that list, Baz. Considering Eriksen and Forster (having a medical this week) are both available for free, that leaves most of the transfer kitty intact for the really crucial additions. Bastoni (£50m) would be my first choice. On the asap.

It'd be nice to have Phillips on board as well, but there goes another £50m and we've got good DM resources at present in Bentancur, Skipp and Hojbjerg. But he'd be a long-term beast in the middle, maybe let Hojbjerg play more creatively, as he does so well for Denmark. Also, rumours suggest ManU trying to lure Phillips, but he has said earlier that he and his family are die-hard Leeds supporters and going to Man U ain't palatable.

Spence is likely to be below £10m, so good choice there. Kostic another relative bargain at £12.

Need to have some other revenue to be able to afford the £50m Jesus. Or, should we not opt for Eriksen and go for Tielemans (£25m).

Oh yes, there's going to be some serious time-wasting going on trying to keep up with all the wheeling and dealings in the next month or two.

I like that list, Baz. Considering Eriksen and Forster (having a medical this week) are both available for free, that leaves most of the transfer kitty intact for the really crucial additions. Bastoni (£50m) would be my first choice. On the asap.

It'd be nice to have Phillips on board as well, but there goes another £50m and we've got good DM resources at present in Bentancur, Skipp and Hojbjerg. But he'd be a long-term hunk of burning love in the middle, maybe let Hojbjerg play more creatively, as he does so well for Denmark. Also, rumours suggest ManU trying to lure Phillips, but he has said earlier that he and his family are die-hard Leeds supporters and going to Man U ain't palatable.

Spence is likely to be below £10m, so good choice there. Kostic another relative bargain at £12.

Need to have some other revenue to be able to afford the £50m Jesus. Or, should we not opt for Eriksen and go for Tielemans (£25m).

Oh yes, there's going to be some serious time-wasting going on trying to keep up with all the wheeling and dealings in the next month or two.

I'd love a cm that can defend but also chip in with attack. Someone that could arrive late and smash one in.

It'd be nice to have Phillips on board as well, but there goes another £50m and we've got good DM resources at present in Bentancur, Skipp and Hojbjerg. But he'd be a long-term hunk of burning love in the middle, maybe let Hojbjerg play more creatively, as he does so well for Denmark. Also, rumours suggest ManU trying to lure Phillips, but he has said earlier that he and his family are die-hard Leeds supporters and going to Man U ain't palatable.

Why is Spence likely to be sub £10m if he's young, English and very good?

I'd love a cm that can defend but also chip in with attack. Someone that could arrive late and smash one in.

We should go for Locatelli. He's another Juve wont have the patience to allow to blossom (similar age and profile to our January two) and Pogba is just about to take his place.

I don't generally read all the transfer lies.
But thought I would mention that the French Football Expert on the Athletic said that Lille would now sell Jonathan David, Sven Botman and Renato Sanches because they are "too good for Ligue Un" and it was already agreed that they would play this season and then leave.
No idea how good they are.
And the La Liga expert said Barca may sell Frenkie de Jong for less than full value but I assume he is above our level

I don't generally read all the transfer lies.
But thought I would mention that the French Football Expert on the Athletic said that Lille would now sell Jonathan David, Sven Botman and Renato Sanches because they are "too good for Ligue Un" and it was already agreed that they would play this season and then leave.
No idea how good they are.
And the La Liga expert said Barca may sell Frenkie de Jong for less than full value but I assume he is above our level
Except for the very biggest names in world football (the Mbappes etc), I dont think anyone is above our level with genuine money to spend, Conte as manager, and Champions League football to offer....

Except for the very biggest names in world football (the Mbappes etc), I dont think anyone is above our level with genuine money to spend, Conte as manager, and Champions League football to offer....

More a question of if bigger teams with more money, bigger wages and a strong record of winning trophies also want them I think.

Bastoni should be our #1 target by far. Then RWB.

After that we can take a bit of time over any other signings really…

It's strange that from the back 3 of Inter Milan we have been linked with all 3 of them recently. We were linked with Skriniar under Jose and apparently we had a deal in principle this recent January window but he backed out last minute. We were also linked with De Vrij quite a bit this season too.
Seems like everyone is on the Bastoni train now though, fits our LCB position perfectly

Bastoni should be our #1 target by far. Then RWB.

After that we can take a bit of time over any other signings really…

I agree. I think RWB perhaps should be a higher priority, but if we have one standout target for any position that will perhaps be difficult to get or could end up elsewhere that's where we should focus.

It seems like Paratici will need his telephone juggling skills this summer. Could be some busy days.

Few rumours going around we are after Dembele from Lyon, last year of contract.

Would be a good back up on paper, plus West Ham fans hate him.

Few rumours going around we are after Dembele from Lyon, last year of contract.

Would be a good back up on paper, plus West Ham fans hate him.

Sounds like a good striker option to me, has played in England before, just off a decent season (21 in 30), albeit in Ligue 1 and would (slightly guessing) be more content sitting on the bench than say Gabriel Jesus would.

Back