• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fraser Forster

Doesn’t that say it all? He’s been backup at a club worse than us.

It might just be historic bias my side, but I really don’t rate him. Hopefully he’ll be the league cup goalie and nothing else.

He’s coming in as a back up

We have two choices in the summer - pay out massively for someone who could be first choice, get a back up and save the money for other areas

Not for me.
You can call him Carabao back up all you like, but he'll be on the bench for our CL games - or worse, Hugo has had injuries.

A back-up keeper for early cup rounds and uses up one of the English player slots. He won't see significant playing time.

He’s coming in as a back up

We have two choices in the summer - pay out massively for someone who could be first choice, get a back up and save the money for other areas
Even as back up, we should really be doing some succession planning here. Regardless of whether it impacts on transfer budget Burnley have just got relegated, and we should be going all out to get Pope who can compete with Lloris now and takeover in the future. There would be no real drop in quality between the two and is homegrown….

Even as back up, we should really be doing some succession planning here. Regardless of whether it impacts on transfer budget Burnley have just got relegated, and we should be going all out to get Pope who can compete with Lloris now and takeover in the future. There would be no real drop in quality between the two and is homegrown….
Pope isn’t that much younger than Hugo
He would be 31 by the time he took over (assuming he did)
He is a great keeper and throws the ball a lot to make up for not passing like a Brazilian

Like people say, Pope would not be great in our current team. He is a solid keeper but terrible under a press. Besides, What succession planning is really needed for keepers? When the time comes to replace Hugo then we will (Probably during a summer window when we will have plenty of time to find someone and bed them in during a preseason etc). I'm not hugely impressed by Forster but he was excellent at times earlier in his career and can't be any worse than some of Gazzaniga, Hart or Gollini's appearances.

Like people say, Pope would not be great in our current team. He is a solid keeper but terrible under a press. Besides, What succession planning is really needed for keepers? When the time comes to replace Hugo then we will (Probably during a summer window when we will have plenty of time to find someone and bed them in during a preseason etc). I'm not hugely impressed by Forster but he was excellent at times earlier in his career and can't be any worse than some of Gazzaniga, Hart or Gollini's appearances.
Forster in Scotland was top top drawer
When he went back to Saudi Sportswashing Machine they never played him so he rejoined Celtic and had another 2 great seasons
He is better than any recent cover we have had

We’ve got Hugo for 2 more years.

I’m a fan of Pope, but how much will he cost? Will he want to be a second choice for 2 seasons

we have much more important issues at the moment

I’m sure Forster has had a couple of really outstanding games this season. Would be ideal as back up, got to be better than Gollini.

Isn't going to get in in front of Ramsdale is he
On the face of it there's no way he gets ahead of Ramsdale, who is a decent keeper.
Maybe they've said he can play in their cup games and Europa league games. Where as Lloris will definitely be starting our European games.so he'll get more playing time at the gooners

On the face of it there's no way he gets ahead of Ramsdale, who is a decent keeper.
Maybe they've said he can play in their cup games and Europa league games. Where as Lloris will definitely be starting our European games.so he'll get more playing time at the gooners
Arse aren't in any major cup tournaments next season so they can play him in those games easily enough.

Back