• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Conte is smart. He knows he's got the supporters behind him, and he refuses to say he'll definitely stay here next season - leaving Levy in a spot of bother - either he opens the purse strings or Conte is gone, and effectively Levy is fudged. We can't afford not to back him.
Looks like it's worked!
How many days til Conte signs a contract extension?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

He's operating from a different starting position and with a different player mindset to that at Chelsea though.
Conte really did arrive from a position of strength, as the 'expert' who will show players what to do to reach success they have not reached before, to carry Spurs to a place they've not been before. Hence the disbelief and sniping about how it won't last when Levy got him in.
At Chelsea, they were used a to a procession of big name managers and to winning things already.
Our guys haven't really won anything, certainly not at our club, and have seen Conte lift us quickly from an apparent death spiral.
That earns him even more credence when he keeps telling them to do things his way if they want to be winners.
That is a very good point. We have a team that is now hungry for success and for once may actually believe they can achieve it with the glimpse they got this year with Conte's methods. With 2-3 shrewd signings I can see Conte getting around 85 or so points which, in a normal year, would put us in the mix for the league title. Add a cup and a decent CL run and I would be surprised if the players wouldn't want him back (thankfully we have an option for that extra year). The only obstacle could be Levy, but as long as the team is winning, we make CL, and the players Conte brings in are hits for the most part, I don't see him not wanting to back Conte for as long as Conte wants to stay. It'll be prime Pochettino, but with the benefit of the new stadium thrown in.

That is a very good point. We have a team that is now hungry for success and for once may actually believe they can achieve it with the glimpse they got this year with Conte's methods. With 2-3 shrewd signings I can see Conte getting around 85 or so points which, in a normal year, would put us in the mix for the league title. Add a cup and a decent CL run and I would be surprised if the players wouldn't want him back (thankfully we have an option for that extra year). The only obstacle could be Levy, but as long as the team is winning, we make CL, and the players Conte brings in are hits for the most part, I don't see him not wanting to back Conte for as long as Conte wants to stay. It'll be prime Pochettino, but with the benefit of the new stadium thrown in.

2-3? Think we are going for 6.

6 total, but half I would guess would be for depth. So 2-3 potential first Xi: RWB, CM, LCB

Dunno. We got some big funds to play with. A back up gk sure. Someone that can rotate with the front 3. But think the rest will be improvements.

Only thing that will stop Conte signing as I see it is the club not liking his public utterances. He's been slapped on the wrist already by being banned from talking to Sky Italia and our club is supposed to be one of the most political ones to navigate as a manager. I'd imagine Levy hates some of the stuff Conte puts in the public domain.

However, Levy also knows that if he was to fire or manage Conte out for that stuff, we'd march on the stadium, walk him up his glorious SkyWalk and fudge him off The Edge without him being strapped in. And we wouldn't pay the £50 quid fee to do it. Conte is close to bulletproof right now.

I can't see Conte not signing. We've achieved more than he believed possible when he signed this season and he's going to be backed.

Only thing that will stop Conte signing as I see it is the club not liking his public utterances. He's been slapped on the wrist already by being banned from talking to Sky Italia and our club is supposed to be one of the most political ones to navigate as a manager. I'd imagine Levy hates some of the stuff Conte puts in the public domain.

However, Levy also knows that if he was to fire or manage Conte out for that stuff, we'd march on the stadium, walk him up his glorious SkyWalk and fudge him off The Edge without him being strapped in. And we wouldn't pay the £50 quid fee to do it. Conte is close to bulletproof right now.

I can't see Conte not signing. We've achieved more than he believed possible when he signed this season and he's going to be backed.
Given we have the option to renew his contract for an additional year at the end of next season, the only time that signing would come into play would be at the end of next season at the earliest, if I'm not mistaken. And even then, it would be a contract extension, beyond that one year option. So we still have at least a year and a half before we get to the point where Conte has to evaluate if he wants to sign a new contract.

Still a lot of "awaiting Conte's decision" as if he's going to ditch us and the work he's just done since November as if it's an easy decision.

I guess this is all by his design really, the way he uses the media, his interviews etc, perhaps it isn't a coincidence that while he is preparing "his decision" we've made steps to have funds available and we're being linked with many players he is keen on.

Announce the 3 year contract now, FFS.

Still a lot of "awaiting Conte's decision" as if he's going to ditch us and the work he's just done since November as if it's an easy decision.

I guess this is all by his design really, the way he uses the media, his interviews etc, perhaps it isn't a coincidence that while he is preparing "his decision" we've made steps to have funds available and we're being linked with many players he is keen on.

Announce the 3 year contract now, FFS.

It's his style, his attempt to never give up leverage.

I'd hazard a guess the club hasn't made the announcement of the capital investment without a commitment (at least verbal) from both Conte & Kane (Kane's talk track at the end of season seems much more understandable now)

I could see a few early signings, perhaps one big one, then some sort of extension to Conte/Kane soon after

Conte wont be signing a new contract from what I am told
I'm not even going to ask how you know that, because I think it is quite irrelevant in this moment. Why would he be offered a new contract now, anyway? We have him for another two years, one plus option for one more, and on a king's ransom. The time for renewed contract talks will be towards the end of next year, if all is going well.

Not too concerned if he signs a new deal or not. If he signs a new deal and then really wants out its over anyway, can't force a manager to stay when he doesn't and expect results.

The important thing is that he wants to stay here, for now at least, I think he will want that.

Conte wont be signing a new contract from what I am told
Is this ITK? Hurray, the start of the ITK season :)
To be fair I am not a fan at all of ITK apart from a select couple of proven guys who barely post anything and are not attention seeking. But if I remember rightly @Grays_1890 broke the news we were in talks with Conte before the media was all over it (in the summer the first time we were in for him when he rejected) and evidently has some form of contacts....

If Conte is here at the beginning of the season do you think it will be with a new deal or will we have that uncertainty throughout next season aswell?

Back