• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend (Net) in the summer? 2022/2023 edition (Not including pre arranged transfers)

How much will we spend (net) on top of making Kulu & Romero permanent this summer?

• £0 - £10m

• £10m - £30m

• £30m - £60m

• £60m - £100m

• £100m+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nett or gross too?
I’ve gone £100m nett
I think we will bring in circa £100m in sales and loan fees and spend that again on top
But maybe I’m being over optimistic

The spend is irrelevant, intelligent, hard working players who fit contes system and ethic are more important than how much they cost.
I think we will spend and spend smart, tielmans, the fb at Brighton, and some lesser known players to fill and strengthen squad places along with one or two quality additions in the right areas.

The spend is irrelevant, intelligent, hard working players who fit contes system and ethic are more important than how much they cost.
I think we will spend and spend smart, tielmans, the fb at Brighton, and some lesser known players to fill and strengthen squad places along with one or two quality additions in the right areas.

Agreed but a vocal element of our fanbase are obsessed with how much we spend.

Very little

I think it will all be frees and loans, with income going mainly on wages and making the earlier loans permanent.

Not us being stingy though - it's more just the post-Covid market, with players clinging on to the end of contracts so as not to have to accept pay-cuts.

I would say up to a point, but not irrelevant.

If Conte and Paratici want Bastoni for example, it will be because significantly cheaper options aren't seen as quite as good. The better option won't always be the more expensive option, but sometimes it will be.

We definitely want hard working players that fit the system. But if we can get that and also real quality on the ball like with Kulusevski that's obviously better, but may cost more.

How much we spend in total is in no way a good indication of how good our window will have been though.

Back