• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho

Could not agree more, i am usually a fan of Levys but that was a stupid decision.

On the face of it I agree. It had turned toxic under Jose by all accounts but he deserved that cup final and we’d probably have had a better chance.

But we don’t know what went on in the background. For Levy, a sensible bloke, to make such a bizarre decision would surely have had some logic.

There was talk that it was related to bonuses he’d have been eligible for or that Jose wanted to play the stiffs v Southampton in the league on the Wednesday which tinkled Levy off. Who knows.

I could see the logic of Jose for us but it was the wrong call. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad manager though…

On the face of it I agree. It had turned toxic under Jose by all accounts but he deserved that cup final and we’d probably have had a better chance.

But we don’t know what went on in the background. For Levy, a sensible bloke, to make such a bizarre decision would surely have had some logic.

There was talk that it was related to bonuses he’d have been eligible for or that Jose wanted to play the stiffs v Southampton in the league on the Wednesday which tinkled Levy off. Who knows.

I could see the logic of Jose for us but it was the wrong call. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad manager though…

Do not disagree with any of that to be honest but Levy made the same mistake when he sacked Graham and appointed Glenn before the Arse semi. No problem with sacking Graham but i would have thought if any manager had a chance of beating the Arse in that game it would have been him. Should have at least waited until we played that game.

Maybe he had a clause in his contract that said if he won something it automatically triggered a contract extension? With Levy already set on shifting him, it would have added a whole load to the pay off.

Not saying he was right to then do it, just looking for a reason

FTYNELXX0AEV2wg

20/21 is clearly at Mourinho’s door, but 19/20 he took over mid season with us closer to the relegation zone than top 4 I believe?

Cannot agree.

He told Levy he could do it all with that squad, that it was more than good enough. He could not make it work. Conte has adapted and worked with a lesser squad in less than 6 months!

Cannot agree.

He told Levy he could do it all with that squad, that it was more than good enough. He could not make it work. Conte has adapted and worked with a lesser squad in less than 6 months!

The meltdown if Jose had said this lot are useless would have incredible.

A lesser squad?

Romero/Kulu/Bent completely changed the team - we would have been nowhere near the top 4 with out them.

We were inconsistent when Conte had Winks/Sanchez/Moura starting.

Jose Mourinho is the second manager to win five major European titles after Giovanni Trapattoni.

24 trophies for the 59 year old. Jose Mourinho maintains his proud record of not having lost in a major European final.

The hardest game of the tournament for Roma was against Leicester so it's hard to see this as much of an achievement. The competition is extremely weak.

Back