• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Hmmm, rather like Lucas he always puts in a good shift but Bergwijn’s finishing is either exceptionally good or appallingly bad however we can never tell which it will be until he’s had a shot at goal :confused:

Hmmm, rather like Lucas he always puts in a good shift but Bergwijn’s finishing is either exceptionally good or appallingly bad however we can never tell which it will be until he’s had a shot at goal :confused:

that wasn't much of a chance today really, yes he could have done better, but it was an early touch

he should have been given longer, the other two were stinking the place out and obviously weren't going to improve

Seems to have gained this unearned reputation as a game changer because he scored the winner against Leicester a few months back. I like him but he’s not done it any more consistently than Moura who most people seem to want to leave, granted Bergwijn hasn’t been here as long but he’s not this goalscoring genius that some are making him out to be.

Seems to have gained this unearned reputation as a game changer because he scored the winner against Leicester a few months back. I like him but he’s not done it any more consistently than Moura who most people seem to want to leave, granted Bergwijn hasn’t been here as long but he’s not this goalscoring genius that some are making him out to be.
But he can control a ball which is something Moura struggles with, and he will also play in the position he has been asked (rather than running everywhere else)

Last edited:

Not easy for him to be a game changer when he tends to come on with about 5 minutes to go most matches. Heck yesterday he came on at 86 minutes, what was suppose to do in that time?

Not easy for him to be a game changer when he tends to come on with about 5 minutes to go most matches. Heck yesterday he came on at 86 minutes, what was suppose to do in that time?

It’s been discussed in other threads, but judging from his minutes it would appear Conte doesn’t rate Bergwijn as highly as some on here do.

Did score twice against Leicester. Another as a sub against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, now wasn't game changing as we were already winning comfortably.

Not sure how much more he could realistically be asked to do from the bench given how late he's been brought on in most games.

Needs to do more to really get a reputation as a game changer. I also agree that it doesn't seem like Conte is a big fan of his. Can understand some excitement about him coming on when we need a goal though.

Wonder if that late cameo as a replacement for Royal might be a sign he could still stay and be utilised as a back-up option at RWB.

I think he wants regular football though, and I dont see him getting that here. Moura seems to have accepted that, maybe because he gets more game time than SB, but sadly with Son, Kane and Kulusevski, those 2 will be bit-part players for sometime

Wonder if that late cameo as a replacement for Royal might be a sign he could still stay and be utilised as a back-up option at RWB.

I think he wants regular football though, and I dont see him getting that here. Moura seems to have accepted that, maybe because he gets more game time than SB, but sadly with Son, Kane and Kulusevski, those 2 will be bit-part players for sometime

It was Lucas who moved back to RWB, Bergwijn played in attack as usual.

What does/did this guy that Kulu doesn't?
I was sure this guy would eventually be better than Son...:oops:

Interesting comparison because it would appear

- Conte (& Jose) don't see Son as a striker
- Conte only sees Bergwijn as a 2nd striker role (hence Lucas gets more game time due to positional flexibility)

Interesting comparison because it would appear

- Conte (& Jose) don't see Son as a striker
- Conte only sees Bergwijn as a 2nd striker role (hence Lucas gets more game time due to positional flexibility)

Can you understand why though? I mean what's in Kulu's game that's not in Bergwijn's etc? Aside from whatever position the coach might see as Bergwijn's best etc?

Back