• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Liverpool fans will never admit it but Klopp fudged up today, plays the strongest 11 from the start and they go a couple up and the pressure on City will be massive, do they still come back from 2-0 down?

Its a bit early to start a PL 22/23 thread so i will post this here and maybe copy and paste it for the proper thread when it starts.
This should be seen as a restart, the beginning and something to push on from, getting top four should not be our goal.
Not saying we should be targeting the title but i think we can get 2nd.
Yes city and Liverpool are well ahead and will open the cheque book, but that is no guarantee of success.
City have an average back line, they will lose fernandino who protects that back line, that's a big hole to fill.
Liverpool have a habit of good progression building and look like they have started well with diaz, but mane and salah are both at that tricky contract stage that can affect not just them but the dressing room.
In midfield they are a bit to reliant on Henderson who is injury prone and thiago and milner who aren't exactly spring chickens.
Mid season world cup and the intensity of the last two seasons could potentially catch up with either of them, asthmatics or not.

Imho man utd and arsenal are basket case clubs atm and one season isn't going to change that.
Chelsea are the great unknowns, who knows what will happen there.
A few key signings, some belief in ourselves and the mentality to think that top is not and should not be the limit of our ambition or potential and i really think we can surprise and scare a few people.
If we want it to be the future is bright, the future is lillywhite.

COYS

LIverpool will find replacing the likes of Milner and Henderson hard, not for their on the pitch (despite them being vital there) but off the pitch where they are clearly important. Milner is off and Hendo playing less. They will find it hard to go again for a 4th season at the same intensity picking up record points, players getting older, loads of key players in their 30s. I just think they will start to show signs of wear and tear....Can Klopp reinvent the side again

LIverpool will find replacing the likes of Milner and Henderson hard, not for their on the pitch (despite them being vital there) but off the pitch where they are clearly important. Milner is off and Hendo playing less. They will find it hard to go again for a 4th season at the same intensity picking up record points, players getting older, loads of key players in their 30s. I just think they will start to show signs of wear and tear....Can Klopp reinvent the side again
They'll probably replace them with footballers and be significantly better for it.

They'll probably replace them with footballers and be significantly better for it.

Haha yeh but thats always a lottery on if they adapt and if they listen to the manager, something Klopp had on a string with them two. I agree on the sentiment and those two both played a significant number of games.

On the other side all quality is getting into their 30s in big numbers...they buy well but they are going to have to continue to and tie down Mane and Salah

Find him quite likeable tbh - that video above especially, they can't all be moody gits speaking in riddles and playing mind games every time there's a microphone in their face.

Nice bloke but all the over the top americanism about togetherness and quotes from fortune cookies is just all abit cheesy

Nice bloke but all the over the top americanism about togetherness and quotes from fortune cookies is just all abit cheesy

Sure and it will get more annoying over time I imagine but so far I quite like him, nice to have something a bit different. Would quite like to see him lose his rag, could be a funny one...

Well they have Diaz and Carvalho to replace Salah and Mane and Jota in for Firmino.

Haha yeh but thats always a lottery on if they adapt and if they listen to the manager, something Klopp had on a string with them two. I agree on the sentiment and those two both played a significant number of games.

On the other side all quality is getting into their 30s in big numbers...they buy well but they are going to have to continue to and tie down Mane and Salah
Not that much of a lottery. Anyone who isn't Sissoko would be a good start.

Back