• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

So...

• A commanding, tall CB. Preferably able to play on the left. However, Davies could retain the place. Being a bit smaller, players can be more agile. Some of the blocks he's got in recently were top-notch.
  • A midfielder who brings some offensive guile. I wouldn't mind Bissouma. He's not the finished article. But he plays the Dembele role in midfield, draw in players, rounds them and opens up space. He *should* be able to score some goals as well. You can see the potential in his game, but clearly he hasn't put it all together yet.
  • One or preferably two Wing Backs, one for each side. If we can't sell Reggie, I actually think he'll kick on with a preseason, and improve. Wouldn't be terrible having the same pair. But ideally, you'd cash Reggie in and get another LWB.
  • A forward with goals or potential for goals. Someone like Son when he signed. Technically strong. Physically strong. You could tell he could finish. But needed to finesse his game.

1. RWB, 2. A Forward, 3. Midfielder, 4. A CB, and 5. LWB.

Make two statement signings like Van Dijk/Allison and kick on. This would be a great summer to do that. In a perfect world that would be Rice and Pau Torres.

Make two statement signings like Van Dijk/Allison and kick on. This would be a great summer to do that. In a perfect world that would be Rice and Pau Torres.
Rice would be amazing in this team he really would
But I do wonder if Skipp can do what rice does in a few years and looks a better player like for like for the same age
Torres is a great footballer but I think he is suspect on the physical side
I’m so like your logic but I think we need quantity as much as quality as conte clearly doesn’t trust a chunk of the squad

So...

• A commanding, tall CB. Preferably able to play on the left. However, Davies could retain the place. Being a bit smaller, players can be more agile. Some of the blocks he's got in recently were top-notch.
  • A midfielder who brings some offensive guile. I wouldn't mind Bissouma. He's not the finished article. But he plays the Dembele role in midfield, draw in players, rounds them and opens up space. He *should* be able to score some goals as well. You can see the potential in his game, but clearly he hasn't put it all together yet.
  • One or preferably two Wing Backs, one for each side. If we can't sell Reggie, I actually think he'll kick on with a preseason, and improve. Wouldn't be terrible having the same pair. But ideally, you'd cash Reggie in and get another LWB.
  • A forward with goals or potential for goals. Someone like Son when he signed. Technically strong. Physically strong. You could tell he could finish. But needed to finesse his game.

1. RWB, 2. A Forward, 3. Midfielder, 4. A CB, and 5. LWB.
CBS id go for Bastoni (£50m) and Tarkowski on a free so we’re well stocked suddenly. Sanchez should get £20m and rodon £15m IMO

right wing back for me Spence looks made to step up under conte who can teach him some of the basics he is missing. Boro will sell him for £15m ish and we can also lend them a player as a sweetener. We will recover that money selling Royal
Left wing back (assuming we sell Reggie for £30m plus) I’d go for McNeil at Burnley who has a wand of a left foot and can play central and right too. Young, English and a hell of a passer and player. No idea what he would cost but with them down we can do a deal im sure.
Striker I’d go all out for Nunez for £50m again. The guy oozes class and is on the upwards curve. We can get a decent chunk back by selling Bergwein and moura too… probably £30m back
Sign eriksen and bale on frees alongside a back up keeper and we’re probably down somewhere in the region of £35m with a much better, younger squad IMO
But that’s football manager talk of course ;);)

CBS id go for Bastoni (£50m) and Tarkowski on a free so we’re well stocked suddenly. Sanchez should get £20m and rodon £15m IMO

right wing back for me Spence looks made to step up under conte who can teach him some of the basics he is missing. Boro will sell him for £15m ish and we can also lend them a player as a sweetener. We will recover that money selling Royal
Left wing back (assuming we sell Reggie for £30m plus) I’d go for McNeil at Burnley who has a wand of a left foot and can play central and right too. Young, English and a hell of a passer and player. No idea what he would cost but with them down we can do a deal im sure.
Striker I’d go all out for Nunez for £50m again. The guy oozes class and is on the upwards curve. We can get a decent chunk back by selling Bergwein and moura too… probably £30m back
Sign eriksen and bale on frees alongside a back up keeper and we’re probably down somewhere in the region of £35m with a much better, younger squad IMO

On Bastoni -

Tall, quick and good on the ball (apparently), young, left-sided and very highly rated so will not be cheap but could be great value.

Loves Conte according to quotes attributed to him.

Feels like it would be a great signing but surely with huge competition if he did become available.

On Bastoni -

Tall, quick and good on the ball (apparently), young, left-sided and very highly rated so will not be cheap but could be great value.

Loves Conte according to quotes attributed to him.

Feels like it would be a great signing but surely with huge competition if he did become available.
He is class IMO
Who would be competing with us?
None that can offer his ex boss and the chance to plan with Romero in what could be the best defence in Europe

I'd really like us to get 3 free agents - Johnstone, Brereton and Dybala - over the line very quickly now. Then we can spend the rest of the summer making sure we get the absolute highest quality at RWB, LCB and potentially CM.

I'd really like us to get 3 free agents - Johnstone, Brereton and Dybala - over the line very quickly now. Then we can spend the rest of the summer making sure we get the absolute highest quality at RWB, LCB and potentially CM.
Brereton has a clause which they CAn extend his contract
I agree with the idea though 100%

Considering our italian links I am pretty sure some of our transfers will come from Italy. I would like Dybala, Belotti and Romagnoli on a free. Spend 50m on Bastoni and 15m on De Vrij. We need a RWB, haven't made up my mind on who. As for transfers from England, I would take Johnstone, Eriksen on a free and Gundogan on a lowish fee because he is 31. Try to sell: Ndombele, Lo Celso, Tanganga, Royal, Winks, Rodon, Sanchez(if we transfer the number of CBs above, if not stays). Loan în the Premier League Gil, Sarr and hopefully at least one of our young STs, PL or championship.

Paratici signed Kulu, Bentancur and McKennie for Juve though they didn't have the patience to develop them. Obviously Kulu and Bentancur continued to develop at Juve and we benefitted from it.

Would be interesting to see how he consolidates what we have - Clarke, Parrot, Scarlett and Sarr... And how he works with Conte to develop them for the first team.

For a while Reggie was our best but to see Sess take his opportunity and earn his place also demonstrates Conte's willingness to invest in younger players.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I agree with most of that, of course it's speculative and opinions, but that's what these conversations are.

I think we may put an even higher priority on RWB. Doherty did well, he's good, will probably do well next season. But two games a week, I think Doherty and Spencer looks a bit light on proven quality. Would like someone good enough to come in and make it their position, become a clear first choice.

I think we may want another midfielder even if we sign Eriksen. If Winks leaves and Sarr is loaned out we have three, four with Eriksen if we sign him. But that's only three hard working, solid defensively type midfielders. One injury and we have no natural rotation or sub option again.

What Paratici has shown is that he will be working on a lot of deals at the same time.

I like your thinking, but must likely even some free agents can take time. Hopefully we'll be working on our highest priority signings from now, or from the moment Conte commits to next season here.

Let make this thread interesting, predict the number of players we are linked with before the window closes. I go for 237 of which I've only heard of 21 of them, but I'm totally ignorant of world football.

Linked with gabriel jesus this morning.
Interesting and somewhat predictable too. Would the player want this? In the Conte system, there is no natural place for him - even less so than at City I would say. If Kane is fit he starts, same for Son.

Back