• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I wouldn’t mind if gundogan even came for a year or two - doubtful conte would be here any longer anyway.

both he and Eriksen would give us options we don’t have - options to change the shape (3-5-2), or options to change it up during a game. How many times have we played the same way when we are unable to break down a stubborn opponent. No creativity to bring from the bench (or from out wide in to the centre)

Would Gundogan want to come to us to be a squad player when he could easily have the same role at City?

Would Gundogan want to come to us to be a squad player when he could easily have the same role at City?
Maybe not mate. It’s probably wishful thinking and he will end up somewhere else on huge wages. But I’d love us to attract a couple of these more experienced players to supplement all the young talent we have. Maybe conte could be the difference in getting one or two of them over the line. We’ll need experience for the CL

Maybe not mate. It’s probably wishful thinking and he will end up somewhere else on huge wages. But I’d love us to attract a couple of these more experienced players to supplement all the young talent we have. Maybe conte could be the difference in getting one or two of them over the line. We’ll need experience for the CL

I agree that some experienced signings would be good. We're being linked with quite a few, including Eriksen, Bale, Gundogan, Perisic. Probably some links are just media nonsense mind.

To me personally Gundogan would be quite far down that list of experienced options. Not directly against it as such, just not sure he's a great fit. And I really want players that are great fits into the current system in addition to offering quality we're currently short on and (for some players) experience.

So I might have this wrong - I thought we'd be tight up against the UEFA home grown player limit however non-HG players by my maths and per UEFA rules for next season comes to 15 if you ignore Gollini, Tubby and GLC (assume all leave). I believe that both Gil and Sarr would be on the Under-21 list (Gil only just, Sarr clearly) so they dont count towards our 17 player limit even if they do stay for next season:

Lloris
Royal
Doherty (not PL non-HG player)
Reguilon
Davies (not PL non-HG player)
Romero
Rodon (not PL non-HG player)
Sanchez
Dier
Hojbjerg
Bentancur
Bergwijn
Moura
Son
Kulu

So if you then assume:
- new LCB is non HG and we send Rodon out on loan
- new RWB replaces one of Royal or Doherty
- similarly with Moura and Bergwign and replaced with a Carlos Kickaball, if either of those go its net zero

then we're still at 15, so means that if Winks leaves we can replace with an overseas player, and similarly could sign a non-HG back-up to Kane

Could probably do with Sam Johnstone or Nick Pope joining as reserve keeper though.

Anything wrong with my maths?!?
Could bale be that Carlos Kickaball
Eriksen and a freebie home Grown keeper are no brainers and with bale that would be 2 HG players

So, there's this thing called the internet, it's great and you're going to love it. However, it's best not to believe absolutely everything you read on it. Hope that helps when it comes to the summer!!
Yes I get that, but this isn’t ‘the internet’, it’s The Athletic / Ornstein, who are very reliable.

Yes I get that, but this isn’t ‘the internet’, it’s The Athletic / Ornstein, who are very reliable.

Was it The Athletic (who definitely are based on the internet!) / Ornstein that said we were nailed on to sign Johnstone? If it wasn't you can probably see where in going with that one.

Both seem like reasonable enough signings and will help on the HG side of things. It's a credit to Hugo, he's effectively been so good that replacing him isn't an option worth looking into, hopefully got a couple seasons left at this level.

Wasnt Johnson dropped for poor form?

Forster has been outstanding at times this season and is a back up keeper
He certainly can be an outstanding shot stopper, but I’ve never been convinced by him as an all round goalie ie fails to command his box, terrible with ball at feet.

We shall see…

He certainly can be an outstanding shot stopper, but I’ve never been convinced by him as an all round goalie ie fails to command his box, terrible with ball at feet.

We shall see…

He is 34, free, HG - seems a perfect back up for a season or 2.

if we don’t fudge up tomorrow the only games he will be playing is domestic cups

Back