• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City **

Guys relax. Let's look at it by the numbers:

• Norwich aren't going to park the bus in their last game and, on top of that, have given up a league high 79 goals this season. And that's not because of bad luck. Their xGA is actually 76. We've got the 2nd offense since the start of the year. So the likelihood of us not scoring against them is extremely small.
  • Offensively they have managed about .62 goals per game and are going up against a defense giving up .88 goals since Conte took over and .5 goals in the last 8 games. So the chances of them scoring one goal are not that great. Add to that that they will probably need to score 2 or 3 to beat us, because of bullet above and you can see how improbable a loss for us is.
So chill, we got this.

200.gif
You can throw all the stats up you want, its only part of it. Alan Smith actually said something sensible for once the other night when he referenced Everton’s comeback against Palace - that on these final games of the season ‘things happen that haven’t happened before.’ Everton had never came back from two goals down at halftime to win a game. All of a sudden they have. Have you not paid attention to final days of seasons in previous years? There are twists and turns everywhere, it is rarely straightforward.

Should we win? Of course, and I’m not sitting here bricking it that we are going to lose. But it doesnt matter how good you are, how well prepared your coach has you - sometimes as us Spurs fans have experienced all too often, the football gods are against you and it ends up not being your day…..

You can throw all the stats up you want, its only part of it. Alan Smith actually said something sensible for once the other night when he referenced Everton’s comeback against Palace - that on these final games of the season ‘things happen that haven’t happened before.’ Everton had never came back from two goals down at halftime to win a game. All of a sudden they have. Have you not paid attention to final days of seasons in previous years? There are twists and turns everywhere, it is rarely straightforward.

Should we win? Of course, and I’m not sitting here bricking it that we are going to lose. But it doesnt matter how good you are, how well prepared your coach has you - sometimes as us Spurs fans have experienced all too often, the football gods are against you and it ends up not being your day…..

Spot on. This is not a foregone conclusion and actually thoughts to the contrary only increase the chances that we come unstuck. Conte will ensure we dont get complacent but lets not give norwich any extra motivation by making it sound like pool or city are playing barnsley at home.

Spot on. This is not a foregone conclusion and actually thoughts to the contrary only increase the chances that we come unstuck. Conte will ensure we dont get complacent but lets not give norwich any extra motivation by making it sound like pool or city are playing barnsley at home.

The worry is the players have the same attitude as some of the fans, we just have to turn up to get a point and we have already qualified.

The term sexy exists for a reason, for days like Sunday.

Hardly seems to be any tv coverage worldwide. I’m on holiday and searching to see which channels are showing it, only seems to be Dazn and Pearooster. Hoping some of the bars over here (spain) have those!

This should be a statement game, the old spurs is dead, hail the new spurs!
Time to stand up and be counted, the moment to show that all the talk about we need to do better, we deserve trophies/top four, we can't keep do this is are more than just hollow words.
Fudge this up and its last chance saloon.
I don't fancy walking into that dressing room with conte after the game if they fudge it up.

I'm going to wait until the game,

Otherwise is just constant counter-pointing :D

The wait is not an easy one for this one. For me at least.

Makes me think back on when we were mediocre. The wait for the season to just end to get it over with. Nothing at stake. Perhaps see if some youngster could come in and make a statement for next season. Waiting to see if our best players would leave.

Can't say I miss it at all, but the wait for the final game of the season was certainly easier.

Alan Smity is a bellend, Everton v Palace was the second to last game of the season.

I believe our current manager is not like our other recent guys, he's not one of the boys, he's not trying to charm everyone, he has a plan. We are not where he wants us to be but he will insist on a level of performance and commitment. The players will be prepared, the aim will be to win. This is not the Spurs we've seen before, the players know if they fail this manager wont be cuddling them and telling everyone we were unlucky or the gods were against us he will want blood. I'm not over confident and understand it's so close people are nervous, but let have some faith in the manager and team.

I believe our current manager is not like our other recent guys, he's not one of the boys, he's not trying to charm everyone, he has a plan. We are not where he wants us to be but he will insist on a level of performance and commitment. The players will be prepared, the aim will be to win. This is not the Spurs we've seen before, the players know if they fail this manager wont be cuddling them and telling everyone we were unlucky or the gods were against us he will want blood. I'm not over confident and understand it's so close people are nervous, but let have some faith in the manager and team.

Not sure Mourinho minced his words when his Tottenham team failed.

Im confident we’ll do it but conscious that it is far from a foregone conclusion. A lucky early goal for Norwich, a mistimed challenge for us that results in red (a la Kane v Dippers which should have been red or Foyth v Bournemouth). Things can just happen and we need to try avoid them.

I think most of us are on the same page on this but we all have different ways of coping with the anxiety of the build up.

Had those hopefully unfounded pangs of anxiety thinking about the game last night, like a lot of posters have eluded to, the time has seemed to drag achingly slowly.

To all the mentality monster wannabees that are shouting down worries of the game, dismissing history / superstition / feeling, there's very little else to discuss as we know the line up, our tactics and approach. I'd certainly find it a tad ominous if we were all 100% confident and positive, just being in the race at this stage is an achievement.

Can’t believe in this day and age we’re still having to result to finding a river on the last day of the season. Considering there are whole game weeks during the season on TV. You’d think they’d have this as part of the package for the 4pm Sunday slot to include all games on the final day.

Back