• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I think that was just marketing speak during the stadium build. They might look to do events closer together in the future but I cannot see it next season. The logistics go a lot further than switching pitches and the operation for an NFL game is a lot bigger than it is for PL football and has a bigger impact on the local community.
Logistics are mostly the same, get crowds in and out safely and supply food and drink etc. Only difference is the supports the teams require and there's different dressing rooms on opposite sides for the different codes. Both can be made ready at the same time. A bit more crap on the sides of the pitch for NFL as well, isn't a big deal to add/remove. Definitely no prob doing it a day apart.

Either way I wouldn't make my plans based on the days that the NFL games have been announced for and wait for confirmation.

Logistics are mostly the same, get crowds in and out safely and supply food and drink etc. Only difference is the supports the teams require and there's different dressing rooms on opposite sides for the different codes. Both can be made ready at the same time. A bit more crap on the sides of the pitch for NFL as well, isn't a big deal to add/remove. Definitely no prob doing it a day apart.

Either way I wouldn't make my plans based on the days that the NFL games have been announced for and wait for confirmation.

The logistics are massively different. The High Road has been closed for NFL games with entertainment and stuff going on all around the ground. The club shop is completely changed to sell NFL merch, Just restocking the food and drink within the stadium would be tough and that's before you get to disruption to residents and policing requirements.

The logistics are massively different. The High Road has been closed for NFL games with entertainment and stuff going on all around the ground. The club shop is completely changed to sell NFL merch, Just restocking the food and drink within the stadium would be tough and that's before you get to disruption to residents and policing requirements.
They talk about it when you do the skywalk and stadium tour
They reckon the turnaround to NFL is 4 hours all in
That included changing the shop as they wheel it all in (the guys words not mine)
High road area is closed for match days too don’t forget

They talk about it when you do the skywalk and stadium tour
They reckon the turnaround to NFL is 4 hours all in
That included changing the shop as they wheel it all in (the guys words not mine)
High road area is closed for match days too don’t forget

Not saying that it can't be done but it is not without serious complications and I think that there is zero chance of it being done next season

Got to go on a tour and the Skywalk on Wednesday.
Even though I'd obsessively watched it being built from afar and read so much about it....simply being there was amazing. I wandered around with a dumb smile on my face.
I was just proud that my club is represented by such a magnificent building. A construction befitting the institution.

Standing above the pitch in front of the badger, sitting in Conte's chair, walking along the touchline, the dressing rooms, the ever-present quality. I loved it all.

Saw Michael Dawson taking some folks on a tour as well.

“I’ll give you a crazy stat when we talk to brands about the venue,” Kline begins. “If you take all the content that we host – obviously football, NFL, boxing, concerts, rugby – 78 per cent of the world’s population is interested in an event that will be at that stadium. That’s over five billion people. That’s really compelling

Compelling indeed! Wow!

“I’ll give you a crazy stat when we talk to brands about the venue,” Kline begins. “If you take all the content that we host – obviously football, NFL, boxing, concerts, rugby – 78 per cent of the world’s population is interested in an event that will be at that stadium. That’s over five billion people. That’s really compelling

Compelling indeed! Wow!

To me that reads like "All of the world's population breath oxygen, and through rigorous planning we made absolutely certain that we'd have that very same oxygen in the stadium."

Appreciate the guy only came in one year ago so it's not entirely on him but three years and counting of no stadium sponsor and running. If things go well tomorrow it'd be a good time to get it sorted for next season, of course finding the "right" (least jarring / ethically questionable) deal is important but it'll be interesting to see how long we are willing to wait.

All very well saying they're actively monitoring fan forums and podcasts for opinion but I imagine the popular vote would be to have just carrier on the White Hart Lane name. Whichever slimy sponsor that eventually gets involved probably knows it'll be colloquially known as NWHL whatever happens - Can't see folks saying "Are you going to the match at the Amazon / Big Whopper deluxe stadium next week?"

The pre season package sounds interesting though, assuming it works on a firestick and is reasonable price wise I'll be down for that, especially after a summer of no major international tournaments..

To me that reads like "All of the world's population breath oxygen, and through rigorous planning we made absolutely certain that we'd have that very same oxygen in the stadium."

Appreciate the guy only came in one year ago so it's not entirely on him but three years and counting of no stadium sponsor and running. If things go well tomorrow it'd be a good time to get it sorted for next season, of course finding the "right" (least jarring / ethically questionable) deal is important but it'll be interesting to see how long we are willing to wait.

All very well saying they're actively monitoring fan forums and podcasts for opinion but I imagine the popular vote would be to have just carrier on the White Hart Lane name. Whichever slimy sponsor that eventually gets involved probably knows it'll be colloquially known as NWHL whatever happens - Can't see folks saying "Are you going to the match at the Amazon / Big Whopper deluxe stadium next week?"

The pre season package sounds interesting though, assuming it works on a firestick and is reasonable price wise I'll be down for that, especially after a summer of no major international tournaments..
I get your point on "oxygen" but at the same time most stadia aren't fully multi purpose and that does give Spurs an advantage in securing a very good sponsorship deal.

The "3 years and counting" is maybe a little unfair, nothing was ever going to happen until people knew how the pandemic was going to play out.

100% if we get Champions league football you would think if there really were interested parties they'd be chomping at the bit to be in place for next season.

Yes colloquially it will always be WHL but how many fans would turn down the big money if invested in the squad?

I'm sure trying to get sponsorship deals done during Covid when companies revenue was down and it was unclear how long it would last was difficult.
Economic outlook is still hard to predict with some saying we're headed for a global recession so again probably not the ideal time.

I'm sure trying to get sponsorship deals done during Covid when companies revenue was down and it was unclear how long it would last was difficult.
Economic outlook is still hard to predict with some saying we're headed for a global recession so again probably not the ideal time.
Correct, but I doubt there will ever be the absolute right time.

Fact is, if we can’t land a great deal right now with Champions League football back, genuine world class manager, significant player investment, Kane and Son in peak years and the fans all on board then I really don’t know when will be the time to get this naming rights deal done….

Correct, but I doubt there will ever be the absolute right time.

Fact is, if we can’t land a great deal right now with Champions League football back, genuine world class manager, significant player investment, Kane and Son in peak years and the fans all on board then I really don’t know when will be the time to get this naming rights deal done….

The only explanation that has ever made sense on the delay re naming rights is having a NFL tie in, I'd assume minus Covid the NFL events in the stadium would have been further progressed and perhaps the rumoured conversation re franchise might have been actually in progress.

The only explanation that has ever made sense on the delay re naming rights is having a NFL tie in, I'd assume minus Covid the NFL events in the stadium would have been further progressed and perhaps the rumoured conversation re franchise might have been actually in progress.
Is the ri.ght answer

No other stadium hosts the two biggest leagues in the world (PL,NFL) plus has multi-use capabilities to our level. Yes, we have lost money due to 3 years of no naming rights but that is largely because of unpredictable and unforeseeable circumstances but the reasoning is/was sound that we deserved a premium fee.
With the CL back now as well you would expect the package to be at peak attractiveness but the jitters of the global economy might reduce the runners and riders available.

Last edited:
Back