• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

As I saw someone else say, I think our issue is that we haven't won a trophy in 14 years - that's why the 'bottlers' tag is particularly quick to be applied to us. Yes other teams have their moments too, like Arsenal have had recently, but at least they've still managed to win a few trophies along the way as well. So the 'bottler' pattern isn't quite so strong and entrenched as it is with us.

Still, absolutely no doubt Arsenal bottled top 4 this year, and I agree with you - fudge 'em all :D
It's more than that. We're soft. Deubutants and players scoring against us after a long lay off. Ahead of Leicester when they won the league. Bad lasagne and a keeper that suspiciously turned in a goal awkwardly on the last day of the league. Handball in the CL final.

Also the number of managers = the number of false dawns...

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

It's still in our hands.
Of course the funniest thing would be we lose, and Woolwich lose, so they will forever rue what might have been.
But we can't gamble on Everton winning, we can't gamble at all on Woolwich dropping any points. We just have to get on with our job of securing top 4 in the most decisive way by winning on Sunday. End of.

Sky showing City, Liverpool and Leeds as predicted. No shocks there.

Fishing rods out on Sunday Ladies and Gents. Wonder now its been decided if the Club will open up the ground and offer a live screening??

amazing we are where we are, would be languishing in europa confernce place were it not for that Conte eh, he just gets results, hope we can hold on him for our CL campaign

"Do we even want to qualify for the Conference or would it be better for us not to" conversation could easily have been ongoing right now.

Instead 4th is in our own hands. Nervousness with that, but what a difference.

Fishing rods out on Sunday Ladies and Gents. Wonder now its been decided if the Club will open up the ground and offer a live screening??
Sky have about 50 channels so utterly ridiculous it's not being shown
I wonder if it was Arsenal in our position they wouldn't be showing that love in

Far too little time to get everything in place for Sunday.
But it's not on (official UK) TV, so what would they be screening?

It's more than that. We're soft. Deubutants and players scoring against us after a long lay off. Ahead of Leicester when they won the league. Bad lasagne and a keeper that suspiciously turned in a goal awkwardly on the last day of the league. Handball in the CL final.

Also the number of managers = the number of false dawns...

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Ahead of Leicester when? you are talking about arsenal aren’t you

A point still sees us home and dry so nothing really changes
True, up to a point. Either way the last thing we need to do is play for a point. But Everton securing PL status for next season means Arse are that much more likely to win. This is what makes it even more imperative that we leave nothing to chance.

Unless Everton turn up absolutely smashed I can't see plucky young team new manager Arsenal getting anymore than a point
I can see arse winning as they are better
But it’s odd how we have some of our fans making negative assumptions on our team and positive ones on others
I’ve said it before… we want to change the mentality…. Imagine being a new player and reading our fans talking about us blowing it
Pool fans wouldn’t do that would they!!!!

I can see arse winning as they are better
But it’s odd how we have some of our fans making negative assumptions on our team and positive ones on others
I’ve said it before… we want to change the mentality…. Imagine being a new player and reading our fans talking about us blowing it
Pool fans wouldn’t do that would they!!!!

It is bizarre, isn't it, the disconnect between different but similar scenarios?

Norwich have nothing to play for, so they will be relaxed and go for it so we will struggle
Everton have nothing to play for so will be on the beach so Arsenal just need to turn up to win.

Back