• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

No way we’d pay what West Ham would want for Rice!

We'd be the last team they'd sell him to aswell. Think he might be chelsea new owners marquee signing. To get fans on board. If the sale ever goes through.

Maybe a bid for gallagher?

I think there’s a decent chance we end up with Tielemans. He seems like a bit of a mercenary from his performances at Leicester since he decided to leave, but he’s very good and still young.

Agreed, was thinking the same earlier. Not crazily expensive either given his contract situation and PL proven.

We'd be the last team they'd sell him to aswell. Think he might be chelsea new owners marquee signing. To get fans on board. If the sale ever goes through.

Oh yeah we're blessed with an excellent working relationship with Chelsea, I'm sure they'd definitely welcome us making a bid for an academy product that could end up playing for them for ten years .

Same issue with Rice, apart from the exorbitant fee they'd ask for, they're not going to sell to us plus I doubt Rice would consider it as I doubt he'd sour his credit with west ham fans to that level.

So what do we think is realistic for some players we may shift

winks - £15M
Gio - £25-£30m
bergwein - £20m
Sanchez - £20m
Rodon - £15m
Royal - £20m
Tanguy £3m loan fee as no one is buying him
Moura £10m due to his contract, but IMO an unlikely sale which is fine if conte is happy
We may also get a loan fee for Gil and sell Clarke and CCv for about £10m combined
I don’t think any of these fees are crazy or unrealistic but it all depends on whose buying of course
When up in pool we guessed around £100m in sales could be doable and that meant a few of the above didn’t leave

only one of the players above could be classed be as a conte first 11 player and that’s royal who I don’t think gets in when Doherty is back

all though would need replacing as they have all played quite a few games under Conte other than Gio and Tanguy

we have Sam Johnstone joining and Eriksen too from what I was told. Sarr would be back to probably go out on loan

We would need some CBS but we knew that, a goal scorer or two, a new a RWB (nothing we couldn’t see before). We may want another CM, and I think we desperately need a striker and to promote one of the lads that’s been on loan too so that Scarlett can get a much needed loan.

I think you are being a bit optimistic, don't se anyone picking up Winks or Rodon for £15m. Maybe 5-10 but I think it will be hard to shift them at all.
Don't se why we should sell Sanches, will be hard to find a better "sub" for £20m? Also think Royal have shown enough progress last games to warrant a stay?

Moura is not going anywhere unless there is a dramatic change, he has sprouted roots and is seeing out his contract

I think you are being a bit optimistic, don't se anyone picking up Winks or Rodon for £15m. Maybe 5-10 but I think it will be hard to shift them at all.
Don't se why we should sell Sanches, will be hard to find a better "sub" for £20m? Also think Royal have shown enough progress last games to warrant a stay?
Winks and rodon are actually good footballers who need to leave … and I’ve seen lot worse go for a lot more money
Sanchez…. Well he has shown some good play and some poor play so sits in that extreme bracket. A happy buyer would pay too money but a separate seller would sell for cheap

Anyone have an up to date tally with where we are with regard to non home grown players, both under the PL and UEFA definitions?

But would you say Royal is a better option than Doherty? Because we need a superior right wingback to both of them, and we cannot afford to keep both?

Interesting though when I suggested him when he was at Hull people weren’t sure
Right now you have twine at MK Dons and Johnson at Forrest who are IMO ready to step up
Both intelligent with the ball but also really hard workers
Yep, same. Players who dominate in the Championship or League 1 and are under 21 are clearly very good players. I had Twine on my list of players that would be sensible for us to move for back in January (as well as Isiah Jones, Llyod Kelly, Dan Neil, Calvin Ramsey, Alex Scott, Fabio Carvallho and Ronnie Edwards. I also know that Pleat has recommended at least 3 of those to the club.

There is talk about Gundogan being free to leave City în the summer. I know our priority are younger players, but I would take him in regardless. He is technically superior to all of our CMs. I think Pape Matar Sarr would be loaned out again, hopefully to a PL team and Winks might/should be sold. I think Gundogan will complement nicely with Skipp, Bentancur and Hojbjerg.

Last edited:
Yep, same. Players who dominate in the Championship or League 1 and are under 21 are clearly very good players. I had Twine on my list of players that would be sensible for us to move for back in January (as well as Isiah Jones, Llyod Kelly, Dan Neil, Calvin Ramsey, Alex Scott, Fabio Carvallho and Ronnie Edwards. I also know that Pleat has recommended at least 3 of those to the club.
I know
I agreed with all of your suggestions
I was stunned
I do think Johnson at Forrest is similar to Carvalho but he ain’t going pool unlike him

I can never understand how Woolwich are allowed to sign players from anywhere in the world when they aren't current or experienced internationals, it appears they have signed the next Messi for £3m from San Paulo, great stats 40 games, 4 goals and 3 assists.

I can never understand how Woolwich are allowed to sign players from anywhere in the world when they aren't current or experienced internationals, it appears they have signed the next Messi for £3m from San Paulo, great stats 40 games, 4 goals and 3 assists.

There is no difference now in a young player from the eu or rest of the world. As long as they have played at a high level they can get a permit.

We should be scouting south america.

I don’t get how it would be ok for him to move to Chelsea. I thought was big rivalry between the two clubs?

Back